Cut TO next week

Albany,n.y.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Next week James Hardy will be added to the active roster and someone will have to be cut. While the logical choice appears to be Roscoe Parrish, I say be bold and cut TO. Here's why: The season's going nowhere, having TO around takes playing time away from Hardy & Johnson. Since Owens is gone after the season, we need to find out this season whether we have a #2 receiver in either Johnson or Hardy or need to dip into the draft or free agency again for a WR. Cutting TO actually can help TO as well. As the team heads for 10 losses or more, how will they keep Owens even remotely interested. If you think he's a little disinterested now, imagine him by week 14. Cutting him frees him to look for a team he can actually contribute to & win. Now there was no way anyone would have traded for him, but they might just be willing to take him in as a free agent, especially if they get an injury at WR this weekend. Cutting TO is a win-win for both sides.

You don't understand. T.O. is being punished by the 31 teams for being an a--hole and team cancer for all those years. He is being given a T.O. time out by playing in Buffalo. No one will sign him until he has finished eating his humble pie. Ralph was placating the fans (and their rising anger) by bringing in T.O. for a season. Sadly, it worked. The revolution never happened and so it's business as usual for another year. Stay tuned: Next year's false hope will be coaching changes.

You don't understand. T.O. is being punished by the 31 teams for being an a--hole and team cancer for all those years. He is being given a T.O. time out by playing in Buffalo. No one will sign him until he has finished eating his humble pie. Ralph was placating the fans (and their rising anger) by bringing in T.O. for a season. Sadly, it worked. The revolution never happened and so it's business as usual for another year. Stay tuned: Next year's false hope will be coaching changes.

Sadly, this probably isn't far from the truth.

I can't figure it out either. Now I don't trust his coaching staff to evaluate talent but if Johnson had any they would have cut Josh Reed before the season to avoid paying his salary for another poor season. Johnson was inactive and now only sees the field because Parrish is a non-factor in the offense and they don't trust him to return punts anymore.

I believe this is to the OP's point. I don't think it's fiancial at all. All the tickets Owens could sell, have been sold. Owens, while reportedly a good teammate, has never shown to be much in the mentor part. I def can't see it if it includes his demotion. The TO we all knew prior to being a Bill is too likely to rear 'it's' ugly head and create dissention. Dump him and give the young-uns a look see. Playoffs aren't happening anytime soon for this team.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/12/o...-encouragement/

Just one link, but I've read tons of articles this season detailing the mentor relationship between Owens and Hardy.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/08/12/o...-encouragement/

Just one link, but I've read tons of articles this season detailing the mentor relationship between Owens and Hardy.

I read a lot of that too this past summer. However that was "excited to be playing and on best behavior TO".

You have to admit he hasn't seemed as enthusiastic out there on the field lately as he seemed to be back in August so his "positive influence" on the team and young guys has to be diminished as well.

Makes no sense really to cut him now, though trading him before the deadline might not have been a bad move. Wouldn't make the offense any better but it can't get much worse and there would at least be a bunch of tape on the new guys for whoever comes in next to analyze.

Actually it should be easy for DJ to find ways to get these young guys involved with Owens still around but you have to have an imagination for that and our head coach is about as imaginative as Hollywood and all their crap remakes these days.