Cut TO next week

Albany,n.y.

What could the possible backlash be, of cutting T.O? The season tickets have already been sold. Anyone who thinks keeping him on the field is for the betterment (is that a word?) of the team, is ignorant of the situation. This season, like so many before it, is now a waste.. other than to see what we have for NEXT season. You know, the season T.O. WON'T be here. I can't imagine the "Inner Circle" is worried about upsetting the fanbase. Hell, who here is upset when we lose on Sunday? I've become numb to the losing, myself. Just can't seem to get emotionally invested in the games each week. Oh, I still can't wait for Sunday, and look forward to the game to start.. I just can't seem to get juiced for when the team starts to play well. I guess I'm just waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop on any glimmering hope of a Bills win.

It's time for Steve Johnson to be inserted into the #2 spot, and to throw Hardy or Reed into the #3, depending on the situation during the games. Find out what you have in these guys. Who knows, we might find another Miles Austin or Mike Sims-Walker on the team. Might not be a need to scour Free Agency.

Now, do I expect any of these things to happen? Absolutely not. Ralph's cheap, Dick's trying to save his job, and Russ isn't a "football guy".. these are the mantra of your 2009 Buffalo Bills. Go Team.

My Two Cents.

^^^^^^^^^This.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One question to ask:

Would our offensive production be any different if Steve Johnson, James Hardy and Justin Jenkins all started ahead of TO, Lee Evans, Josh Reed and / or Roscoe Parrish?

The answer is there would be no difference in offensive production. Might just as well cut or trade the four starters, bring in a couple of lower cost vets, stock up on some draft picks. Our starters are not difference makers and none of them would start for the better passing teams in the NFL, including Lee -- I got mine, I don't have to produce now -- Evans.

I don't think it makes much sense. At least TO can act as a mentor to Hardy and Johnson. I can't comment as to the financial implications of cutting TO vs. Parrish, but considering that both of them are likely to be gone next year, at least TO has something he can offer our younger guys.

Ellison with his bad rap is our best LB right now, yes I said it, he is better than the almighty POZ

Wow that is painful.

But maybe accurate.

Nic Harris may well be our best guy, even. The college safety 5th round draft choice.

But Poz will get a couple more years to prove he's not that good before his contract runs out and e becomes someone elses back-up MLB and ST player.

It sounds like people are blaming TO for our pop warner offense? The only thing he has done wrong is not standing up and bitching about what's been happening on offense. He is right about one thing, he can't win either way, he complains the writers will punk him then he doesn't and now people want his head on a platter anyways. His run was one of the only bright spots of the game on the offensive side of the ball last week. Let's face it our squad stinks, you can't make chicken soup from Chicken Sh--. He has not quit on the Bills so don't quit on him! This team would struggle to be .500 in the CFL. Thank God the Sabres are playing good! :devil:

They wouldn't even consider until after the Toronto game. They are having a tough time selling tickets as is and their marketing campaign is "SEE T.O. in TO" Without Owens what are they gonna market.? ----insert sarcasm (a competitive and exciting, fun to watch Bill's squad?)"

<_<

If you cut Owens, you may as well cut the rest of the anemic offense including Edwards. Do you find it odd that TO has put up big #'s every yr except for his 1st with the bills? It's not TO it's the Bills Offense

EXACTLY!!!

Without TO we don't even have a TD last week. And he had to get that by RUNNING it in because our QB's can't get the ball out to any wide-outs. So then how can you test Hardy and Johnson when you can't get them the ball?

Hey Mr Wonderful, you are right about Hardy: BUST!!!

I'd rarther have TO for 8 games then Hardy for the remainder of his contract in Buffalo. Hardy is a complete bust and will soon be out of the league.

And we know this how......because of the awsome offensive scheme the bills play or how great the QB is. You put Hardy on the colts, Pats, or Eagles and he would become a star.

Next week James Hardy will be added to the active roster and someone will have to be cut. While the logical choice appears to be Roscoe Parrish, I say be bold and cut TO. Here's why: The season's going nowhere, having TO around takes playing time away from Hardy & Johnson. Since Owens is gone after the season, we need to find out this season whether we have a #2 receiver in either Johnson or Hardy or need to dip into the draft or free agency again for a WR. Cutting TO actually can help TO as well. As the team heads for 10 losses or more, how will they keep Owens even remotely interested. If you think he's a little disinterested now, imagine him by week 14. Cutting him frees him to look for a team he can actually contribute to & win. Now there was no way anyone would have traded for him, but they might just be willing to take him in as a free agent, especially if they get an injury at WR this weekend. Cutting TO is a win-win for both sides.

Cutting parrish is the bold move 4.5 mil to return punts only dont think so. We can save money with his release we will not save any with a TO release. Especailly when they wwant TO to mentor Hardy.

Bad call on your part.

I don't think it makes much sense. At least TO can act as a mentor to Hardy and Johnson. I can't comment as to the financial implications of cutting TO vs. Parrish, but considering that both of them are likely to be gone next year, at least TO has something he can offer our younger guys.

I believe this is to the OP's point. I don't think it's fiancial at all. All the tickets Owens could sell, have been sold. Owens, while reportedly a good teammate, has never shown to be much in the mentor part. I def can't see it if it includes his demotion. The TO we all knew prior to being a Bill is too likely to rear 'it's' ugly head and create dissention. Dump him and give the young-uns a look see. Playoffs aren't happening anytime soon for this team.

Damn you T.O.!!!!

We were so good with Steve Johnson, then you came in here with a lousy 14 years of HOF offensive performing, and somehow but Steve Johnson down the depth chart!!!!

Now we might end our streak of playoff runs, all because you came here with your losing attitude and drove us into the ground!! Steve Johnson had the whole thing turned around, and then you came, all for marketing!! How many times have you been to the playoffs? Oh...well, you still are no Steve Johnson!!!!

Oh, and as for you Hardy...you're no Steve Johnson, but you are certainly better than T.O.!! We miss you from the '08 Juggernaut!! Stupid T.O.!!

Cutting parrish is the bold move 4.5 mil to return punts only dont think so. We can save money with his release we will not save any with a TO release. Especailly when they wwant TO to mentor Hardy.

Bad call on your part.

<Disclaimer; I realize the Bills will not cut T.O.>

Cutting T.O. isn't about saving money.. it's about giving the young receivers a chance to play. No way Dick let's Johnson or Hardy start ahead of T.O., when he's trying to pull the wool over Ralph's eyes again, to save his job.

Question: At this point, if you're Russ Brandon.. aren't you trying to throw Dick under the boss, in order to save your own job. God knows I would.

They wouldn't even consider until after the Toronto game. They are having a tough time selling tickets as is and their marketing campaign is "SEE T.O. in TO" Without Owens what are they gonna market.? ----insert sarcasm (a competitive and exciting, fun to watch Bill's squad?)"

What does the Toronto game matter to Ralph at this point? He has his money from the deal with our neightbors to the north. Any monies they collect now go into their pockets, not Ralph's. Or am I mistaken on this?

Damn you T.O.!!!!

We were so good with Steve Johnson, then you came in here with a lousy 14 years of HOF offensive performing, and somehow but Steve Johnson down the depth chart!!!!

Now we might end our streak of playoff runs, all because you came here with your losing attitude and drove us into the ground!! Steve Johnson had the whole thing turned around, and then you came, all for marketing!! How many times have you been to the playoffs? Oh...well, you still are no Steve Johnson!!!!

Oh, and as for you Hardy...you're no Steve Johnson, but you are certainly better than T.O.!! We miss you from the '08 Juggernaut!! Stupid T.O.!!

And what has T.O.'s 14 years of Hall of Fame credentials produced for the Buffalo Bills? Ticket sales. Just as planned.

At this point, if you took Robert Royal and slapped an 81 Owens jersey on him and snuck him into the game, would anyone notice?

Interesting, i thought i had read a few press snip-its that most D's don't even bother doubling him up anymore because he is not that effective...

Its because the ball does not get thrown to him. When it does get thrown it's a hail mary pass where usually 4/5 are uncatchable or extremely hard catches. He won't be consistently double-covered again until the ball is put in the air in his direction more often. Our biggest threats on the is offense (not because they are best but because the QB dictates the ball in their direction) are our RB's and occasionally L. Evans

Next week James Hardy will be added to the active roster and someone will have to be cut. While the logical choice appears to be Roscoe Parrish, I say be bold and cut TO. Here's why: The season's going nowhere, having TO around takes playing time away from Hardy & Johnson. Since Owens is gone after the season, we need to find out this season whether we have a #2 receiver in either Johnson or Hardy or need to dip into the draft or free agency again for a WR. Cutting TO actually can help TO as well. As the team heads for 10 losses or more, how will they keep Owens even remotely interested. If you think he's a little disinterested now, imagine him by week 14. Cutting him frees him to look for a team he can actually contribute to & win. Now there was no way anyone would have traded for him, but they might just be willing to take him in as a free agent, especially if they get an injury at WR this weekend. Cutting TO is a win-win for both sides.

Parish or TO...

Do you really need to ask thay question? Isn't the trade deadline over?

Seriously. Sure he's dropped passes. How many thrown to him were actually catchable?

And I'm sorry but IMO heaving the ball downfield does not constitute a well thrown pass.

Damn you T.O.!!!!

Great Post <_< This place is incredible, I think I need a little break. Coming here and reading some of these posts is sucking the life out of me. I can't imagine being so miserable all the time. If I ever felt this way I would do something else, that I enjoyed. Life is too short. I follow the bills because I enjoy it and I have hope, not to say "I told you so and so sucks."