Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

Good news, I guess, but I'm still a little skeptical given how much pain he was in. I hope we play Friday and Sunday on the first week, and they rest him at least until the second round, maybe even until the sweet 16.

I heard Joseph got an MRI on his tweaked knee--but he's been fine even with the knee bothering him.

Getting bounced early in the BET and being able to get healthy again might have been a blessing in disguise.

I couldn't have cared less about the outcome after seeing that injury. Definitely good news although as you may recall he was a fairly lousy player when he was playing thru injuries in the middle of last season. I think it may be worth rolling the dice with him on the bench in the 2nd round if an extra week of rest will help. Even though we're probably only a slight favorite vs. an 8/9 seed without him, we just have no chance to make it out of the 2nd weekend with him going at 50%.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivial bit of meaningless minutia...

No team has ever won the NCAA BB Tournament without winning at least one game in their conference tournamant (assuming their conference had a tournament).

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Trivial bit of meaningless minutia...

No team has ever won the NCAA BB Tournament without winning at least one game in their conference tournamant (assuming their conference had a tournament).

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

While I don't think Cuse is going to win it all, I imagine many records like this will change in the coming years. The new Big East Tourney format almost favors the middle seeds as they get a warm up game against a scrub while the higher seeds have to sit on their hands. Not to mention the gap between the #1 seed and the #8 seed in the Big East is miniscule. I believe almost all those seeds were ranked at one point in the season.

Boehiem is saying it is unlikely that AO plays this weekend...if they can manage these two games with Jackson, Joseph and Triche stepping up and Reilly getting some PT, giving AO 2.5 weeks to recover would set up nicely for the 3rd round and beyond...but first we have Vermont and possibly Gonzaga to worry about....being in Buffalo could add a 6th man element which may be very helpful

Boehiem is saying it is unlikely that AO plays this weekend...if they can manage these two games with Jackson, Joseph and Triche stepping up and Reilly getting some PT, giving AO 2.5 weeks to recover would set up nicely for the 3rd round and beyond...but first we have Vermont and possibly Gonzaga to worry about....being in Buffalo could add a 6th man element which may be very helpful

Yah Buffalo could come up huge in what could be our toughest game of the region. Much like UNC vs. LSU with a gimpy Lawson last year in the 2nd round in NC.

I'd be doing cartwheels over this draw if not for the AO scenerio; it just sounds like he'll be a shell of his former self unless Boeheim is pulling a Bellichick.

I think FSU will take down Gonzaga.

I was impressed with today's win, they really dominated today. Up next Bradley.

Actually it's Butler up next. Lay off the meds 'sphere (or maybe up the dosage). j/k.

On a serious note, I was at the Arena and cuse looked awesome. They will be a tough out if they play remotely close to that, and I am no Cuse fan. Good job by the fans too, it was a great atmosphere. This tournament rocks.

Actually it's Butler up next. Lay off the meds 'sphere (or maybe up the dosage). j/k.

On a serious note, I was at the Arena and cuse looked awesome. They will be a tough out if they play remotely close to that, and I am no Cuse fan. Good job by the fans too, it was a great atmosphere. This tournament rocks.

I was there too; just got back.

What an awesome offensive performance. Great to see Wes getting back to 100% and triche regaining his confidence.

I think we're still going to need AO in this tourney if we're going to win it all--but I guess if we shoot lights out like this every game, no one's going to beat us.

I was there too; just got back.

What an awesome offensive performance. Great to see Wes getting back to 100% and triche regaining his confidence.

I think we're still going to need AO in this tourney if we're going to win it all--but I guess if we shoot lights out like this every game, no one's going to beat us.

That's pretty much how I see it too.

I know the expectations were low with Riley for obvious reasons. But it's funny reading people say he played well when he had 1 great pass, a nice steal, 0 pts, 0 rebounds, 5 fouls, and one of the laziest turnovers I've ever seen.

We shot lights out and they couldn't make anything. As Boeheim said in his presser - basketball is sometimes that simple.

Butler's best wins all year are home games vs. Ohio St without Turner, and Xavier in a freaky 1pt finish. So I think we'll have enough to get by them. But then K-St would be a toss-up at best. Go Xavier!

Rick Jackson has played the worst half of basketball I've seen played all year. Really missing Onuaku right now.

Turnover machine.

This one reminded me of the Vermont loss. Played sloppy, let a far inferior team stick around, and blow it at the end.

Very frustrating loss. Oh, and didn't help that the officiating was horrid.

Turnover machine.

This one reminded me of the Vermont loss. Played sloppy, let a far inferior team stick around, and blow it at the end.

Very frustrating loss. Oh, and didn't help that the officiating was horrid.

Yep.

I've seen some upsets before, but I must say losing to a team that can neither shoot or rebound is a first.

I guess on the plus side, it saved an eventual embarrassment against a good team.