If you blew this team up, what 7 players would you keep?

257 members have voted

1. 1. If you blew it up and started over, what 7 players off the current roster would you keep?

• Reed, Josh
    • Byrd, Jairus
    • Wood, Eric
    • Edwards, Trent
    • Evans, Lee
    • Florence, Drayton
    • Hangartner, Geoff
    • Jackson, Fred
    • Kelsay, Chris
    • Levitre, Andy
    • Lindell, Rian
    • Lynch, Marshawn
    • Maybin, Aaron
    • McGee, Terrence
    • Moorman, Brian
    • Owens, Terrell
    • Posluszny, Paul
    • Schobel, Aaron
    • Stroud, Marcus
    • Whitner, Donte

I like Jackson and all, but do you all realise how easy it is to replace a RB. When limited to 7, there are more important positions.

Agreed, and as much as I LOVE Freddie Jackson and the way he plays, at 28 he's no longer a young player.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Evans can't get open. We put Owens beside him and he still can't get open. What a waste of money.

He'd be a back-up anywhere else.

Amazing how he had no problem getting open for Bledsoe and JP. You think it might be the QB.......

Minnesota's WR's couldn't get open until Farve came. Atlanta's WR's couldn't get open until Ryan showed up.

Evan's would be a pro bowler if we had a consistant qb. Mould's career should be an example of how bad quarterbacking can have an impact on WR's.

Amazing how he had no problem getting open for Bledsoe and JP. You think it might be the QB.......

Minnesota's WR's couldn't get open until Farve came. Atlanta's WR's couldn't get open until Ryan showed up.

Evan's would be a pro bowler if we had a consistant qb. Mould's career should be an example of how bad quarterbacking can have an impact on WR's.

I really like Evans but he is too undersized and not nearly physical enough to be a solid #1. Look at any playoff team and he is most likely the #2 WR on any of those teams.

Lets take last years playoffs as an example:

Steelers- Ward

Ravens- Mason

Colts- Wayne

Chargers- Jackson

Giants- Should have been Burress

Panthers- Smith

Cardinals- Boldin, Fitzgerald

Even the other teams in the playoffs had quality WR's that are probably as good as Evans. Im not going to do the leg work to find out, and its all my opinion anyways. I just dont think he is big and physical enough.

You are GM... you must blow up this team and start over. You can keep 7 players off this list to build around, who do you keep? This is a difficult one... think about it. The results should be interesting.

I wish J.P. was on that list. I want his superior interception and fumble skills. He is amazing. No other NFL (UFL) player can lose a game like J.P. He is an asset to any team that wants first pick in the draft.

Losman could throw the long bomb. I'll give him that. And Lee Evans can burn you deep. I'll give him that! But both those guys are fairly one-dimensional other than those things; albeit less so in Evans' case than in Losman's.

I'd keep more than 7. This is my list and not all would be starters of course.

On the defensive side:

Stroud, Kelsay, Williams, Maybin, Puz, Harris, McGee, McKelvin, Corner, Lankster, Florence, Whitner, Byrd, and Scott

On the offensive side:

Lynch, Jackson, Wood, Levitre, Hangartner, Bell, Butler, Evans, Nelson, Hardy, Stupar, and Johnson

So on this current roster I'd keep 25 of the players. That would leave alot of holes to be filled, but sometimes a clean sweep is just what you need. The guys left would make for a very solid foundation in the hands of a competent FO and coaching staff who knew how to fill out the rest of the roster and get the most out of the talent we have.