Dick Jauron's Popwarner Offense

barbwire

In my experience, if you can't run basic stuff then making things more complicated does not usually improve the situation. Usually, it's just the opposite. And with all of the rookies, free agents, etc. starting it's probably downright near impossible to add too much anyway.

It's easy for opponents to laugh because the offense is so inept, but the Texans haven't exactly been a dynasty over the last few years (edit: ever) so I'm not sure why anyone would listen to anything that their players have to say.

Maybe not a dynasty, but they kicked the Bills asses.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, today; but it seems like just about every time we play them, we usually win.

In any event, Ryans laughing at us = the leader of an 8-8 team laughing at a 7-9 team.

Not a completely direct follow up, so forgive me.

I saw another post "laughing" at Houston and Kubiak earlier. Yes, Kubiak is 26-29 as a head coach, so he is a "loser". Of course, he is only in his 4th season and took over an expansion team that went 2-14 under Dom Capers before he arrived. He has 1 losing season out of 3. And, before we jeer him too loudly, his .473 is better than our guy's .429 (now 20 games under .500). As far as the record, we're 3-2 against them and Jauron is 1-1 head to head with Kubiak.

Not a completely direct follow up, so forgive me.

I saw another post "laughing" at Houston and Kubiak earlier. Yes, Kubiak is 26-29 as a head coach, so he is a "loser". Of course, he is only in his 4th season and took over an expansion team that went 2-14 under Dom Capers before he arrived. He has 1 losing season out of 3. And, before we jeer him too loudly, his .473 is better than our guy's .429 (now 20 games under .500). As far as the record, we're 3-2 against them and Jauron is 1-1 head to head with Kubiak.

...and besides that who cares. When two **** teams take pride on who beats who it's laughable to anyone else concerned.

In a way, Jauron is right. If you can't execute the basics, why bother with all kinds of razzle-dazzle? After all, he wants to keep the score close and lose respectably. :wallbash:

I hear ya, he really tries to create the illusion that it's a close, well-fought game that the Bills could've/should've won. :wallbash:

But how can you execute the basics when the defense knows what's coming, stacks the box and just blows it up? An important part of an offensive gameplan is keeping the defense off balance with decent playcalling. Even if you don't have a big playbook you still need to roll in enough different looks to try and confuse the defense.

It's the same thing Dick has done since he got here. Offense isn't going well, so cut things out of it. Don't let the QB audible, no motion for the receivers, little or no playfakes and screens. Let's go straight run plays and settle for a 47 yd field goal into the wind. It blows my mind, this is the freaking NFL, not Jr. High!

Then the saddest thing is that the offensive players start talking about how they're not executing and it's on them to execute the plays that are called. It's all just pathetically sad. And I also feel sorry for all 3 of our OC's who signed on to take the fall for Jauron.

It's the same thing Dick has done since he got here. Offense isn't going well, so cut things out of it. Don't let the QB audible, no motion for the receivers, little or no playfakes and screens. Let's go straight run plays and settle for a 47 yd field goal into the wind. It blows my mind, this is the freaking NFL, not Jr. High!

Then the saddest thing is that the offensive players start talking about how they're not executing and it's on them to execute the plays that are called. It's all just pathetically sad. And I also feel sorry for all 3 of our OC's who signed on to take the fall for Jauron.

Jauron has no vision for building a team, particularly on offense. There are no slants, no PA Pass, no draw plays, no passes between the hash marks unless it's to a point target, and certainly the most predictable offenses. Most of it is related to the 4 rookies on the OL and physically deficient QB. Still, that's not an excuse to run a vanilla offense in Week 8 of the NFL season. What were they doing in all those weeks of minicamps and training camp?

Jauron's had 5 OC's in 9 NFL seasons and not coincidentally all of them were unable to craft an offense for their HC.

Here's the possible silver lining, guys. With the bye week, AVP at least has some time to introduce some new plays, formations, etc. for the second half of the season. With other players mocking us, you would think the staff might consider doing something about it.

Yea, I'm worked up about this opportunity too. Thanks for finding a silver lining for Bills fans to hang our hats on. The possiblities are limitless....

I think they should stick with The Rope-a-Dope Offense, they just gave it away too early this week. Personally, I think they blew it with the Owens touchdown. This offense demands DISCIPLINE, and that was a real turning point. They would have been better served if he had been tackled for a loss, and then Jauron could have the Bills settle for a field goal. The Texans wouldn't have turned it up a notch and might have just bumbled their way through this game.

It should have been a 9-6 Bills "Non-Loss".

And Schonert, even though he'll never get another big NFL job, is laughing his hind quarters off.

In his 9th season as a HC, Dick Jauron has successfully found new ways to develop unimaginative offenses which are typically at the bottom. This is not the exception with DJ, it's the rule. He is bad and getting worse and for an opposing NFL player to say this, speaks volumes about the entire team. Because it's RW's coach after all.

I bet Turk gets another OC job, before Jauron gets another HC job...call me crazy, but I wish they hadn't fired Turk!

Ya see, now I'm pi$$ed off again, guys!

Marshawn can laugh and goof around all he wants on the sideline of a losing effort, but having other teams disrespect you like that is just unacceptable.

Why do I get angered over this?

Shouldn't it be Jauron that changes his ideology?

Jauron should hang a copy of Ryan's quote in the locker room or at least he needs to be made to read it. He needs to bring in some offensive guru to help AVP. He is in over his head.

Jauron should hang a copy of Ryan's quote in the locker room or at least he needs to be made to read it. He needs to bring in some offensive guru to help AVP. He is in over his head.

Jauron needs to get up at his weekly "it's my fault" speech to the media tomorrow and resign. Jerry Sullivan's article in the Buffalo News make a point of DJ not knowing much about offense, despite having been around the game for years.

The scariest thing is, he had a big hand in building the team from at least 06-08.

the pathetic thing about the offense is the Bears offense looked exactly the same when Jauron was the coach there so this is the 9th year as an NFL head coach that he has basically run the same offense but he cant figure out that it just doesnt work

at some point even a moron would say, this isnt working, maybe we should try something else....but Jauron never does

Jauron is one of the worst head coaches I have ever seen and that includes guys like Rich Kotite, Dave Campo and Ray Handley

The offense has to be priority 1 in the offseason. QB and two quality OL is a must. I wonder how many plays our defense is on the field because this team is the master of the 3 and out. This offense not only contributes to the woefull points production, but also put so much pressure on this defense. God if we could improve this offense you would get the defense off the field for at least 15 plays a game.

Someone also stated that the Bills are tough to play, but easy to beat.

You guys gotta understand that the offense is very young, someone had a post stating that the Bills had the youngest line in the NFL, with the least amount of experience, plus a new to the team back up QB running things.

You simply can't run a complex offensive scheme with so many new and young players, that is the main reason for keeping the same players and building continuity.

Every year Jauron has changed the offensive linemen and thus every year the team lacks cohesion on offense. Last season Trent Edwards was blindsided on a safety blitz at Arizona and it changed the entire Buffalo Bills season.

What do you get when you combine a skinflint owner, with a non-football guy GM and a way over his head coach? The Buffalo Bills. Horrible personnel decisions and coaching by a guy who is afraid of his own shadow lead to a team that make vanilla seem racy. Just a terrible turn of events.

Here's the possible silver lining, guys. With the bye week, AVP at least has some time to introduce some new plays, formations, etc. for the second half of the season. With other players mocking us, you would think the staff might consider doing something about it.

Don't they usually give the players the week off? Hopefully the coaching staff can at least try to change a few things, even though I doubt it would make much of a difference.

I bet Turk gets another OC job, before Jauron gets another HC job...call me crazy, but I wish they hadn't fired Turk!

Jauron will never again be an NFL Head Coach. I doubt Schonert is ever an Offensive Coordinator again although I could see him being a quarterbacks coach again some day.

Not the first time this season opposing players/coaches have made this statement. Gee Dick, does this seem like a problem to you, when teams that just kicked your ass admit how basic and vanilla your offense is? What's this the third, maybe fourth it has been mentioned after a game?

The decision to start an entirely inexperienced O-line probably cast this outcome in stone. The Bills front office and coaching staff appear to have written this season off. Spilled milk but jauron should have been let go at the end of last season or at least have been required to bring in an experienced offensive coordinator. The offense has been a joke for years. Sadly, this year they have sunk lower ..... what is worse than pathetic .... dead?