J Byrd

major

Is J. Byrd ok? I saw him walking toward the locker room in the 3rd and never heard if anything was wrong. Sorry if this has already been posted. I hope our best player isn't injured.

I was wondering the same thing...never heard. He seemed to be walking fine down the tunnel so maybe it was not serious and just precautionary. Let's hope so...he's been a rare treat in yet another bleak Bills season.

Does anybody know the league record for consecutive games with two or more interceptions?

I am assuming it is 4 since Byrd was the second player in NFL history with 3 consecutive 2+ INT games...the other player had 9 for the year(2,4,3 in consecutive games) all in the 3 games, so Byrd would be the only one if he can do it...

Does anybody know the league record for consecutive games with two or more interceptions?

And with Vince Young up next game perhaps Byrd will get his chance to break the record. Guy is really impressive. On a side note, the thought of Chris Johnson running through our swiss cheese defense is utterly frightening.

And with Vince Young up next game perhaps Byrd will get his chance to break the record. Guy is really impressive. On a side note, the thought of Chris Johnson running through our swiss cheese defense is utterly frightening.

Yes, Johnson will have a field day. Young will not have to throw. I just Googled the record. Byrd tied the record for consecutive games with two or more INTs. He shares it with a guy that picked off 9 in three games in the 70's.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/11/01/p...njury-update-2/

Buffalo lost four players to injury in the game and none of them returned to action before the game was over.

Head coach Dick Jauron after the game confirmed that Aaron Schobel and Jairus Byrd suffered groin injuries. Byrd had been dealing with a nagging groin problem for a little while prior to today’s game according to Jauron.

Right tackle Jamon Meredith suffered a sprained MCL. No word on his prognosis.

Keith Ellison suffered a quad strain and could not return to the game.

Good timing on the bye week.

Well at least we have two weeks for Byrd to get better.

Unfortunately we have two weeks for Ellison to get better.

I'm amazed that people want Ellison out so badly. Who do you plan on playing? Nic Harris? Based on the dozen or so plays he's been out there this season or how well he played today? Or maybe we can move Maybin to LB in the middle of the season? Or option 3, sign another guy off of the construction line like Draft?

No thanks. I'd rather have Ellison until we can get someone else in the off season.

I'm amazed that people want Ellison out so badly. Who do you plan on playing? Nic Harris? Based on the dozen or so plays he's been out there this season or how well he played today? Or maybe we can move Maybin to LB in the middle of the season? Or option 3, sign another guy off of the construction line like Draft?

No thanks. I'd rather have Ellison until we can get someone else in the off season.

Yeah. The complete inaction of the FO when it came to getting another LB in the offseason was baffling, but why people think that any other schlub on our roster will be better than Ellison is beyond me.

Well at least we have two weeks for Byrd to get better.

Unfortunately we have two weeks for Ellison to get better.

I'm sorry...I usually respect what you have to say, but you need to get rid of your avatar. I've watched 2 Colt McCoy games this season, he looks absolutely overrated. If we get him, expect another 10 years without the playoffs.

I'm sorry...I usually respect what you have to say, but you need to get rid of your avatar. I've watched 2 Colt McCoy games this season, he looks absolutely overrated. If we get him, expect another 10 years without the playoffs.

The avatar is kinda tongue-in-cheek, just because there was SO much man-love going on earlier this year for Tim Tebow to be drafted by the Bills. I do think McCoy is the best senior QB in this year's draft, but that isn't saying much in a year of gimmicky QB prospects. The Bills would probably be best served drafting one of those stud OTs (or two...or three...) and looking for a possible QB upgrade via cuts or trade.

And as for Ellison's replacement...I'd like to see what Nic Harris can do. This season is a wash, we all know it. So why not see exactly what we have in Harris, otherwise we'll have a thousand fans a week clamoring for an unknown to start next season. If we start Harris this year and he blows...hey...we know. No harm, no foul since this season has already been an affront to God. Otherwise he'll hang around the roster and just be the 2010 version of Joe Burns, Lionel Gates, Jeremy McDaniel, Leif Larsen, etc etc etc.

I'm just amazingly perplexed at how our FO could trot so many friggin linebackers in this offseason in a clear attempt to upgrade Keith's position and not be able to sign a single one of them. They basically went out of their way to publically show how they thought Ellison couldn't be a viable starter and then did nothing to actually get him out of the lineup. That is ineptitude in it's purest form. I look at this year's upcoming FA LB class and it is loaded with talent...I don't know why I get excited though, the Bills will probably parade them into One Bills Drive and then wave goodbye just like they did this past offseason.

You guys are seriously misguided to think losing Ellison could ever be a good thing. I know uneducated fans are always looking for a scapegoat...but anyone with 1 eye and half a brain could see how much better Ellison is than Draft/Harris....

I noticed Nic Harris make some pretty good hit s afew times in the game yesterday. Not saying that he's ready to start and become a Pro Bowler, but he more like a LB than a S while he was out there. I think he might actually be our biggest LB and he looked like he could hit.