ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP ALREADY!!!

Kevin

Why is it that the Buffalo Bills are always the team that is most affected by injuries?

Whitner with an ankle/knee/thumb, Bryan Scott with an ankle, McKelvin with a leg, Pozluzney with a forearm (twice), TO with a toe, Edwards with a concussion, Mitchell knee, Buggs knee, Schobel with a groin, Meredith with a knee, Byrd with a (stopped watching at that point)? Why do the Bills players ALWAYS get hurt?

Are these tackling fundamentals that they are not being taught? How is it that other teams don't have these problems? I understand injuries are part of the game, but to this extent it isn't. This is butchery. For at least three consecutive years this team has been hampered by injuries and a lack of depth to support those injuries.

We finally get a bright spot on this team (Jairus Byrd) and he goes down in the 4th quarter. Have the Bills turned into footballs version of the Chicago Cubs?

Why is it that the Buffalo Bills are always the team that is most affected by injuries?

Whitner with an ankle/knee/thumb, Bryan Scott with an ankle, McKelvin with a leg, Pozluzney with a forearm (twice), TO with a toe, Edwards with a concussion, Mitchell knee, Buggs knee, Schobel with a groin, Meredith with a knee, Byrd with a (stopped watching at that point)? Why do the Bills players ALWAYS get hurt?

When you leave your defense on the field for 2/3 of the game and allow 70 plays against, there are more chances for them to get injured. That's why we have only an average amount of offensive injuries and outrageous amounts of defensive injuries...

Rusty Jones

It's simpler than that(changing trainers). Mike Lombardi had a very sensible take on the subject recently. The Bills FO has shown a fondness for drafting undersized players. That makes sense to me re: the proliferation of injuries. I would also add that both of our lines have been sub par for some time now. Opponents that aren't well blocked have opportunities for more frequent and bigger hits on our players. I think the answer is along those lines. Inferior athletes will get injured when playing better competition. Our front office has failed miserably for around 10 seasons now and needs a total overhaul.

Are these tackling fundamentals that they are not being taught? How is it that other teams don't have these problems? I understand injuries are part of the game, but to this extent it isn't. This is butchery. For at least three consecutive years this team has been hampered by injuries and a lack of depth to support those injuries.

We finally get a bright spot on this team (Jairus Byrd) and he goes down in the 4th quarter. Have the Bills turned into footballs version of the Chicago Cubs?

My high school coach used to tell us that we are more likely to get injured when we are not going all out. It makes sense to me. I think if you're going full speed and giving it your all, your bringing your play to the opponent instead of the opponent bringing his play to you. Does this explain every injury? Of course not, but I do believe there is legitimacy to the argument that less than 100% effort will increase likelihood of injury.

I think it has to do with the way Jauron handles training camp and practices with very little to no contact...players get used to little contact then become soft which in my opinion plays a big part leading to the amount on injuries this team has suffered the last few years...the NFL is a violent sport, you cant just show up on sundays ready to play without preparing mentally and physically during the week

Parcells was known as running hard physical practices, anyone remember his teams being injury prone year after year?

Sparano runs physical practices and camp, how has that worked out for the Phins the last 2 years

soft coaches lead to soft players

I think it has to do with the way Jauron handles training camp and practices with very little to no contact...players get used to little contact then become soft which in my opinion plays a big part leading to the amount on injuries this team has suffered the last few years

Parcells was known as running hard physical practices, anyone remember his teams being injury prone year after year?

Sparano runs physical practices and camp, how has that worked out for the Phins the last 2 years

soft coaches lead to soft players

Bingo. We have a winner. It's an old cliche for a reason: you practice how you want to play. The Bills practice soft; they play soft. Result - they look weak on the field and get beaten up, literally.

Anyone watching the game heard Gannon's opinion about Jauron's practice schedule. You don't give players the Friday practice off. But there's our coach, giving players a day off just 2 days before he's about to give them a week off.

So there they are on a pretty Sunday afternoon, running at half speed, just going through the motions with visions of their vacation in their head and BAM! someone smacks them upside the head.

This is what happens when you focus your draft on the high character intellectual types and run soft practices.

We need bigger and tougher players with talent as well as coaches that are tougher. Every team has injuries but they have well conditioned people ready to come in.

Then how do you explain for years Marv Levy ran the easiest camp in the league. Todays game has changed with all the mini camps etc, not so sure you need a hard training camp with lots of hitting. Maybe being soft you could argue that a player isn't playing with a "boo boo" but torn ligiments, broken bones isn't exactly playing soft. I think as others have stated, more to do with the Bill's drafting smaller players.

Bingo. We have a winner. It's an old cliche for a reason: you practice how you want to play. The Bills practice soft; they play soft. Result - they look weak on the field and get beaten up, literally.

Anyone watching the game heard Gannon's opinion about Jauron's practice schedule. You don't give players the Friday practice off. But there's our coach, giving players a day off just 2 days before he's about to give them a week off.

So there they are on a pretty Sunday afternoon, running at half speed, just going through the motions with visions of their vacation in their head and BAM! someone smacks them upside the head.

When you leave your defense on the field for 2/3 of the game and allow 70 plays against, there are more chances for them to get injured. That's why we have only an average amount of offensive injuries and outrageous amounts of defensive injuries...

I agree fully with halftime. The OL is week and they go three and out. That translates to a tired D. Coach DJ needs to go and our front office needs to go and then...and only then they need to rebuild this OL and get a new starting QB. The DFence is doing ok and they would be better if the OL was on the feild some.

It's simpler than that(changing trainers). Mike Lombardi had a very sensible take on the subject recently. The Bills FO has shown a fondness for drafting undersized players. That makes sense to me re: the proliferation of injuries. I would also add that both of our lines have been sub par for some time now. Opponents that aren't well blocked have opportunities for more frequent and bigger hits on our players. I think the answer is along those lines. Inferior athletes will get injured when playing better competition. Our front office has failed miserably for around 10 seasons now and needs a total overhaul.

Since the rosters of the entire league at practically every position are juiced to the gills, anabolic steroid, GH, IGF-1, use etc would not explain the situation that the Bills always seem to be facing.

The undersized nature of our players is a point. So is the lack of training and the more relaxed atmosphere of Club Jauron a likely contributor. Allaire may be responsible, as overuse and overtraining or unbalanced training may be to blame as well.

I also think that you have something with the inferior talent point.

Modrak and Guy should have been fired with Donahoe.

Then how do you explain for years Marv Levy ran the easiest camp in the league. Todays game has changed with all the mini camps etc, not so sure you need a hard training camp with lots of hitting. Maybe being soft you could argue that a player isn't playing with a "boo boo" but torn ligiments, broken bones isn't exactly playing soft. I think as others have stated, more to do with the Bill's drafting smaller players.

Marv's team was loaded with future HOFers. They knew how to play. The current Bills have no idea how to turn it on when they need to. They're coached to be relaxed and they play relaxed.

I agree fully with halftime. The OL is week and they go three and out. That translates to a tired D. Coach DJ needs to go and our front office needs to go and then...and only then they need to rebuild this OL and get a new starting QB. The DFence is doing ok and they would be better if the OL was on the feild some.

Could not agree more.

Modrak and Guy have had what, 10 years to show what they can do?

Over the past 9 years and 12 first round draft picks, 5 are no longer with the team, 1 was traded to move up and select Losman, 6 are still with the team- though 1 (McCargo) is likely gone after this season and another (Whitner) is being upstaged by Byrd and may not get to see the field anytime soon- which would place that number at 4.

A whopping 4 players, in 9 seasons of drafting players in the first round.

If Texans coach Kubiak is right, that you build your team through the draft (which he is), then the Bills with Modrak in charge of the draft and Guy in charge of free agents are killing the Bills.

Haloti Ngata is looking much better than Whitner right about now.

Could not agree more.

Modrak and Guy have had what, 10 years to show what they can do?

Over the past 9 years and 12 first round draft picks, 5 are no longer with the team, 1 was traded to move up and select Losman, 6 are still with the team- though 1 (McCargo) is likely gone after this season and another (Whitner) is being upstaged by Byrd and may not get to see the field anytime soon- which would place that number at 4.

A whopping 4 players, in 9 seasons of drafting players in the first round.

If Texans coach Kubiak is right, that you build your team through the draft (which he is), then the Bills with Modrak in charge of the draft and Guy in charge of free agents are killing the Bills.

Haloti Ngata is looking much better than Whitner right about now.

This is a great day!!!! Ive been quoted. Boy do I feel important. :wallbash: