Fitzpatrick is Awesome

thebug

sounds like a "vindicated" Edwards fan. ;)

as if Fitzpatrick's suckitude makes Edwards any better....

Have your read any of my posts, Edwards has sucked crap. Fitz also sucks, just pointing that out to people who had him going to the pro bowl.

Have your read any of my posts, Edwards has sucked crap. Fitz also sucks, just pointing that out to people who had him going to the pro bowl.

Both Qbs are nothing more than a back up and this teams management new it when the brought fitz in that fits would be the guy that could never over take edwards as the starter that was their first mistake protecting edwards pysche the should have brought some one in the could compete for the job.

In Fitzpatricks defense, the offensive line rarely gave him an opportunity to succeed. The way the line blocked today, as they have all year (poorly), Edwards most likely wouldn't of done much better.

There aren't too many qb's in this league that could be successful with the passblocking we have had this year.

It just illustrates that Edwards is substantially better than Fitzpatrick, and thus making it a reasonable assumption that both Fitzpatrick and Edwards are substantially better than their performances would indicate. The simple fact is that Johnny Unitas would !@#$ing suck playing for this team.

What? Oh yeah? The simple FACT, eh? LMAO

In Fitzpatricks defense, the offensive line rarely gave him an opportunity to succeed. The way the line blocked today, as they have all year (poorly), Edwards most likely wouldn't of done much better.

There aren't too many qb's in this league that could be successful with the passblocking we have had this year.

Ha ha, way to step up with the excuses. ;) Didn't expect anything less.

It just illustrates that Edwards is substantially better than Fitzpatrick, and thus making it a reasonable assumption that both Fitzpatrick and Edwards are substantially better than their performances would indicate. The simple fact is that Johnny Unitas would !@#$ing suck playing for this team.

How does Fitz's performance indicate Edwards' to be better? They are both backup-grade NFL quarterbacks. Let's see what Hamden can do. May as well. No, not saying he's the answer, either, but give the guy some playing time. This team is very bad. Jim Kelly in his prime could not himself step in and do anything with this bunch I don't think.

Quotes of ppl saying that Fitzpatrick is going to the pro bowl??? If you can't provide quotes it never happened. And if it never happened.......well this thread is just an exercise in name calling then.

Quotes of ppl saying that Fitzpatrick is going to the pro bowl??? If you can't provide quotes it never happened. And if it never happened.......well this thread is just an exercise in name calling then.

Ok let me rephrase it, people who said we won 2 in a row because of fitz. He sucked then and he sucked today. OK?

Aaron Rodgers has looked pretty good with worse protection, he does lead the league in sacks, and thats including already going through the bye week

Too many people think that just giving the QB time will help. The problem is, one QB can't throw a deep ball to save his life, and the other is a backup who is mediocre at best and has his #1 WR who feels that taking Friday off will help more then getting your timing down with a new QB

Biggest mistake of the season by management was not dealing TO for whatever they could get at the deadline.

Aaron Rodgers has looked pretty good with worse protection, he does lead the league in sacks, and thats including already going through the bye week

Too many people think that just giving the QB time will help. The problem is, one QB can't throw a deep ball to save his life, and the other is a backup who is mediocre at best and has his #1 WR who feels that taking Friday off will help more then getting your timing down with a new QB

Biggest mistake of the season by management was not dealing TO for whatever they could get at the deadline.

That was Limp Dick's idea to give him Friday off. Another great decision by our loser of a HC.

Oh how i wish his team was a mere good QB away from being average... or at least just enjoyable to pull for...

Byrd will likely be the one bright spot from this year.

How does Fitz's performance indicate Edwards' to be better? They are both backup-grade NFL quarterbacks. Let's see what Hamden can do. May as well. No, not saying he's the answer, either, but give the guy some playing time. This team is very bad. Jim Kelly in his prime could not himself step in and do anything with this bunch I don't think.

Then how can you blame the QB's and say they are bad? A good QB would have this offence playing much better, good QB's do that. Unfortunatly, neither of Buffalos starters this year are good enough to help a team win.

Kelly in his prime would be able to make passes to Evans and TO (no guarantees that Mr. "First Ballot Hall of Famer" OWens would catch the ball though)

Just because he has been sacked more doesn't mean he has had worse protection. News Flash, Buffalo's Offensive Line is much worse than Greenbays.

That was Limp Dick's idea to give him Friday off. Another great decision by our loser of a HC.

Did DJ tell him to take the day off or was it just DJ that approved his request? Also, TO can always turn and say "thanks, but I would rather get my timing down and work with Fitzpatrick and help the team"

Wow, I almost couldn't write that keeping a straight face think that TO would actually say that

Ha ha, way to step up with the excuses. ;) Didn't expect anything less.

What are you talking about? I happen to like Edwards, but unfortunately he hasn't performed as well as I had hoped. But the whole point is that the offensive line has sucked, and in my view at least 80% of starting NFL QB's wouldn't perform well with this offensive line and coaching.

Just because he has been sacked more doesn't mean he has had worse protection. News Flash, Buffalo's Offensive Line is much worse than Greenbays.

?????? It doesn't? Isn't it the #1 job for the o-line to give his QB time and not let him get sacked????

News flash, Buffalo is not the very worst in this league at everything like everyone wants to believe in "Whoa is us" Buffalo.

The difference is, GB has a QB that can make plays and doesn't require all day protection to make a short pass over the middle.

What are you talking about? I happen to like Edwards, but unfortunately he hasn't performed as well as I had hoped. But the whole point is that the offensive line has sucked, and in my view at least 80% of starting NFL QB's wouldn't perform well with this offensive line and coaching.

This has nothing to do with Edwards. Fitz was under pressure at times and didn't do any better when he had time. The guy just can't get the ball anywhere near his receivers.

?????? It doesn't? Isn't it the #1 job for the o-line to give his QB time and not let him get sacked????

News flash, Buffalo is not the very worst in this league at everything like everyone wants to believe in "Whoa is us" Buffalo.

To answer your first question, News flash, sacks allowed is not the absolute determinant in defining what is a good line or not. There are other factors that you have to take into consideration, such as QB hurries, attempts per sack, attempts per hurry, how long or short the pass patterns that teams Qb is attempting to throw, the elusiveness or lack of the QB. So please, excuse me if I scoff at the suggestion that Greenbay's line is worse than ours because Rogers has been sacked more.

Buffalo's Offensive line is the worst I've seen from our teams in the last 30 years, and there have been some pretty bad one's, but this is by far the worst.

In regards to your second point, I believe you have me confused for one of the bipolar headless chickens on this board. I don't fall in that camp, I happen to think that we have some talent on this team, but the Offensive tackles happen not to be a part of that talent.

In Fitzpatricks defense, the offensive line rarely gave him an opportunity to succeed.

:wallbash:

So let me get this straight...Fitz's problem today was the line, which can't be used as an excuse for Edwards because Rogers is effective in Green bay ( :wallbash: ) despite getting sacked?

Edwards has been a below overage quarterback this season, but he is still so much better than Fitz that it isn't even a comparison. As I have said all along, since the day they signed him, Fitz doesn't have the arm to play qb anywhere, much less in windy conditions as shown today. He can't throw more than 15 yards down field with any accuracy at all.

:sick:

So let me get this straight...Fitz's problem today was the line, which can't be used as an excuse for Edwards because Rogers is effective in Green bay ( :wallbash: ) despite getting sacked?

Bingo!!!! All of a sudden the o-line sucks and couldn't help Fitz out today. Apparently they were all headed to the pro-bowl when Edwards was in there, but Trent's poor play ruined that for them. :wallbash:

To answer your first question, News flash, sacks allowed is not the absolute determinant in defining what is a good line or not. There are other factors that you have to take into consideration, such as QB hurries, attempts per sack, attempts per hurry, how long or short the pass patterns that teams Qb is attempting to throw, the elusiveness or lack of the QB. So please, excuse me if I scoff at the suggestion that Greenbay's line is worse than ours because Rogers has been sacked more.

Buffalo's Offensive line is the worst I've seen from our teams in the last 30 years, and there have been some pretty bad one's, but this is by far the worst.

In regards to your second point, I believe you have me confused for one of the bipolar headless chickens on this board. I don't fall in that camp, I happen to think that we have some talent on this team, but the Offensive tackles happen not to be a part of that talent.

Injuries

Fitzpatrick was terrified to stay in the pocket and take a hit! Any sign of pressure he freaked ****. The guy is a spaz...I am not an Edwards supporter.

Some guy in Las Vegas with a cannon for an arm but he only ever had 1 reciever that was always at least double covered but man was he accurate chuckin it down field.

that explains a lot. You should log on to the Las Vegas website then, cause JP don't suck here anymore.