October 31, 1987

Wacka

Buffalo News Article

I still remember the first Bills game he played a few days later.

It's the first series of the game Denver, has the ball. In the middle of the series, the Bills substitute, putting in Biscuit. He lines up behind Bruuuuuce, Elway looks up, sees him and immediately calls time. The place went nuts.

With that trade Polian locked up the two best linebackers in that draft. Conlan and Biscuit. For those who say Ralph is cheap the reason Buffalo was able to trade for him is that the Colts were having a hard time signing him and didn't want to pay him.

This is a video of a 9/30/90 game against the Broncos.

It begins with Biscuit blocking a kick and returning it for a TD. This video also shows a Leonard Smith interception TD. Leonard Smith was one of the best trades Polian ever made. :worthy:

ETA: wasn't Kenneth Davis a castoff from GB that Polian picked up off the waiver wire. I seem to recall that. :wallbash:

:worthy:

Here's to #97!!!

Biscuit was my favorite Bill as a kid. I just loved the way he played the game. I've been trying to get my hands on his road throwback jersey with no luck.

I remember playing Tecmo Super Bowl and drumming up his season stats to like 40+ sacks and stuff....ahhh memories.

With that trade Polian locked up the two best linebackers in that draft. Conlan and Biscuit. For those who say Ralph is cheap the reason Buffalo was able to trade for him is that the Colts were having a hard time signing him and didn't want to pay him.

It begins with Biscuit blocking a kick and returning it for a TD. This video also shows a Leonard Smith interception TD. Leonard Smith was one of the best trades Polian ever made. :worthy:

ETA: wasn't Kenneth Davis a castoff from GB that Polian picked up off the waiver wire. I seem to recall that. :wallbash:

I remember seeing him going into the stadium in his fur coat. Always thought he was the key to the Bills' defense and still think that is the kind of player we need to be still looking for. Wouldn't mind it if they tried Maybin as a rush LB and just blitzed the hell out of everybody.

Thanks for posting the youtube video! What memories. :wallbash:

Biscuit has to be one of my favorite Bills players of all time. Just an amazing athlete and a great signing by the Bills and Polian.

GO BILLS!

Yes, Kenny Davis was waived in 1988 by GB. He played only 9 games that season and was picked up by the Bills after the season was over. 2nd round pick in 1986 and lead team in rushing as a rookie. I still can remember my father yelling at the television..."go Kenny, gooooooo".

ahh yes, what a night. My roommates and I were putting the finishing touches on our house in anticipation of a halloween party we were holding later than evening when the news came in about CB. Of course we had to add a big banner to the wall announcing the news. Talk about a spirit raiser, one of the best parties I remember from that period in my life...

Man, I miss those teams. Sundays were so much fun then; now, they're just a struggle to get through.

Anyone know if those three TDs are the fastest three TDs in history?

Watching these videos and reminiscing is one of the few positives left for us Bills fans. They seem like a shadow from a dream these days.

After watching these clips I can't believe that todays atheletes are really that much bigger or faster. It seems that I have read many times that today's Tampa Bay's and Browns would be the 1990's Bills because the atheletes are so superior and so much bigger, stronger and faster. That just doesn't seem possible to me. Those teams were so good and to me the game seemed a little faster then than it is now. Am I wrong?

After watching these clips I can't believe that todays atheletes are really that much bigger or faster. It seems that I have read many times that today's Tampa Bay's and Browns would be the 1990's Bills because the atheletes are so superior and so much bigger, stronger and faster. That just doesn't seem possible to me. Those teams were so good and to me the game seemed a little faster then than it is now. Am I wrong?

I suggested to Marv Levy on his radio program with Bob Matthews that they should use John Wendling the way Rob Riddick used to be used on the goal line. Bob and Marv both thought that would be impossible with today's athletes.

I was at the CB debut game and my lasting memory was my amazement that a human that big could move so incredibly fast.

Biscuit was a pretty good soldier too. Not many remember that after a slew of injuries at inside backer, that he spent two seasons playing somewhat out of position on the inside simply because he was asked to by the coaching staff.

Sacks equals big money contracts and the move inside would not have helped him in his next contract discussion. He did it for the team.

Biscuit was a rare athlete and to me the biggest surprise of his career was that he never became an elite pass rusher. I think this was partly due to circumstance.

ETA: wasn't Kenneth Davis a castoff from GB that Polian picked up off the waiver wire. I seem to recall that. :doh:

You left out the part about Norwood missing a PAT. writing on the wall?