UFL PLayer Says His Team Could Beat the Bucs

/dev/null

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/29/tatum-b...kusspor00000002

The Buccaneers scored 21 points on the Cowboys, 20 on the Bills, 14 on the Eagles and 21 on the Panthers. But, you know, I'm sure the mighty Tuskers are better defensively than those four teams. I'm sure they could easily handle the talented Kellen Winslow and Antonio Bryant. I'm sure they have to deal with tackling players as talented as Derrick Ward and Cadillac Williams in the UFL. You know, the league where J.P. Losman is their biggest star.

Guest dog14787

The Florida Tuskers have a real good football team, I knew it had to be a Tusker before I even looked.

I joked about it another post awhile back, we should have a Toilet Bowl. The best UFL team gets to face of with the worst NFL team.If the NFL team loses, it goes into the UFL and the UFL team gets promoted into the NFL.

It would teach teams not to jockey for a draft pick, because it might really end up costing you. :unsure:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/29/tatum-b...kusspor00000002

The Buccaneers scored 21 points on the Cowboys, 20 on the Bills, 14 on the Eagles and 21 on the Panthers. But, you know, I'm sure the mighty Tuskers are better defensively than those four teams. I'm sure they could easily handle the talented Kellen Winslow and Antonio Bryant. I'm sure they have to deal with tackling players as talented as Derrick Ward and Cadillac Williams in the UFL. You know, the league where J.P. Losman is their biggest star.

Brooks Bollinger is the biggest star. THIS GUY IS ANOTHER BIGOT.

NO WAY !!.......take any so called "worst" team in the NFL.........they would crush and humiliate the best UFL team, the CFL champions and the NCAA college champion. at best you might find only 2 or 3 players on those team that can compete at the NFL level......all other match-ups would be mis-matches.

The Florida Tuskers have a real good football team, I knew it had to be a Tusker before I even looked.

I joked about it another post awhile back, we should have a Toilet Bowl. The best UFL team gets to face of with the worst NFL team.If the NFL team loses, it goes into the UFL and the UFL team gets promoted into the NFL.

It would teach teams not to jockey for a draft pick, because it might really end up costing you. :lol:

lol nice I like the idea of promotion/relegation like they do in soccer in every other country but the US. Either that or have an established minor system where you can develop players like baseball and hockey.

It may be possible, I honestly think some of the top NFL Europe teams would have been able to beat NFL teams in their day (i.e. 1998 Admirals with Warner (Delhomme as backup QB) and Nutten on the o-line) after their season was over (i.e. with a full season of experience and growth under their belt). NFL Europe in those days was very similar to what the UFL is now; heaps and heaps of FA's, plenty of those FA's ended up starting for NFL teams straight out of their NFL Europe seasons and plenty ended up as pro bowlers as well (at one point 60% of all probowl players had NFL Europe experience).

The key with most FA's is that they play the game for passion of the game and not for the big paychecks, they are way past that illussion.

Later the NFL Europe model was changed to force NFL teams to send in their PS/third stringers and FA signings were limited to a few per team (as low as a maximum of 3 at one point I believe). This led to a demise of the quality of NFL Europe during that period, a big reason was that there were a lot of so called bread players instead of passion players.

I remember an arrival speech the Admirals coach gave the Admirals players; it basicly boiled down to you better be enjoying every play and every down and every minute of this season because for a lot of you this will be the very last time you'll ever play proffesional football. The Admirals went on to win the World Bowl that year with the very best team they had ever had (Hamdan was the QB btw, but also Tony Brown DT for the Titans was on that team as well as well known but with hardly any NFL impact Jared Payton (boy was he passionate about playing).

The thing I always had my doubts about though in a match up versus NFL teams was the running game, apperantly running backs are easy to scout since the quality of the runningbacks have always been low in NFL Europe with only a few exceptions (Fred Jackson, Lawrence Phillips (lol) come to mind, which is very meager for 13 years NFL Europe. I imagine this being the same in the UFL. Question would thus be could a team without a decent running game win from a higher overall talented team? Also plenty of coaches have a NFL Europe background, Steve Spagnuolo anyone?

/end ramble

Edit: attended the first NFL London game Giants @ Dolphins, good grief worst game I seen ever with maybe only 2 NFL Europe games ever being worse then that. Any NFL Europe team would have whooped either team on that day. Also in NFL Europe as a result of the teams being completly new player groups each year the first couple of games were often below par with the end of season games being on the level of good NFL games.

NO WAY !!.......take any so called "worst" team in the NFL.........they would crush and humiliate the best UFL team, the CFL champions and the NCAA college champion. at best you might find only 2 or 3 players on those team that can compete at the NFL level......all other match-ups would be mis-matches.

I think it's definitely very different than an NFL team playing a college team. A very big percentage of the UFL squads were good enough to be on NFL rosters as little as last year and many were competing for spots and would probably be in the NFL if the NFL had 60 man rosters rather than 53. They're coached by relatively successful former NFL coaches so they're not get blown out of the water based on scheme.

It may be possible, I honestly think some of the top NFL Europe teams would have been able to beat NFL teams in their day (i.e. 1998 Admirals with Warner (Delhomme as backup QB) and Nutten on the o-line) after their season was over (i.e. with a full season of experience and growth under their belt). NFL Europe in those days was very similar to what the UFL is now; heaps and heaps of FA's, plenty of those FA's ended up starting for NFL teams straight out of their NFL Europe seasons and plenty ended up as pro bowlers as well (at one point 60% of all probowl players had NFL Europe experience).

The key with most FA's is that they play the game for passion of the game and not for the big paychecks, they are way past that illussion.

Later the NFL Europe model was changed to force NFL teams to send in their PS/third stringers and FA signings were limited to a few per team (as low as a maximum of 3 at one point I believe). This led to a demise of the quality of NFL Europe during that period, a big reason was that there were a lot of so called bread players instead of passion players.

I remember an arrival speech the Admirals coach gave the Admirals players; it basicly boiled down to you better be enjoying every play and every down and every minute of this season because for a lot of you this will be the very last time you'll ever play proffesional football. The Admirals went on to win the World Bowl that year with the very best team they had ever had (Hamdan was the QB btw, but also Tony Brown DT for the Titans was on that team as well as well known but with hardly any NFL impact Jared Payton (boy was he passionate about playing).

The thing I always had my doubts about though in a match up versus NFL teams was the running game, apperantly running backs are easy to scout since the quality of the runningbacks have always been low in NFL Europe with only a few exceptions (Fred Jackson, Lawrence Phillips (lol) come to mind, which is very meager for 13 years NFL Europe. I imagine this being the same in the UFL. Question would thus be could a team without a decent running game win from a higher overall talented team? Also plenty of coaches have a NFL Europe background, Steve Spagnuolo anyone?

/end ramble

Edit: attended the first NFL London game Giants @ Dolphins, good grief worst game I seen ever with maybe only 2 NFL Europe games ever being worse then that. Any NFL Europe team would have whooped either team on that day. Also in NFL Europe as a result of the teams being completly new player groups each year the first couple of games were often below par with the end of season games being on the level of good NFL games.

They would get smoked. How many guys from this minor become quality NFL players? Maybe 10%. They would get destroyed. And the last thing you should do if you're playing minor league football is run your mouth. It's like the guys who play And One basketball that think they wouls be stars in the NBA if not for "politics."

And shouldn't Tatum be trying to steal someone's luggage instead of talking to the media.

They would get smoked. How many guys from this minor become quality NFL players? Maybe 10%. They would get destroyed. And the last thing you should do if you're playing minor league football is run your mouth. It's like the guys who play And One basketball that think they wouls be stars in the NBA if not for "politics."

And shouldn't Tatum be trying to steal someone's luggage instead of talking to the media.

Take at look at the Tuskers roster there are a few ex nfl players that should still be in the league. And I think that they would play harder then the Buc-o-beers.

I would pay to see this game someone should set it up.

Rafer Alston might disagree with you.