I was wrong,and you guys were right, Jaguars

It seems more apparent then ever before to me that the Jacksonville Jaguars will move..Everday I see billboards that are pratically begging people to buy tickets. But people arent doing anything. The first home game I went to this year was against Arizona, There were literally 40,000 people there. Now then ever before ,I am starting to hear all the time on the news, T.V, or radio that people need to step up and " Save the Jaguars". There is only on hope though and both have to do with Tim Tebow leaving college.

1. That Tebow goes to the Jaguars and the fan base is suddenly sparked to buy tickets.

2. Or Tebow leaves to another NFL team causing the fanbase to let go of the gators a little bit.

Even though these could be options, I still see them struggling. What if Tebow does bad on the Jaguars. Then people will not want to buy tickets or support the team. " The Jaguars are in serious Danger of moving" and I think they will.

Now to maybe gain a little more respect around here, people don't seem to understand my Toronto theory.I would be the first one to say, " I don't know how I could ever like sports if the Bills moved" The thing is I like the bills in Toronto for one game a year, and one game only. " I think it gives our franchise something special that other teams don't have". I think it would be fun for a Bills fan to travel once a year to Toronto to support the Bills. Don't get me wrong it is fun as hell to drink and tailgate at bills football games. But I think it would be cool to also see once a year how a big market, Jerry Jones type of wine and dine type of atmosphere would be like. Just as long as the Bills dont move I am fine.

Now to maybe gain a little more respect around here...

If you really want more respect then get off the damn subject. It's all you ever talk about. I started ignoring you weeks ago because I just got sick of it. Every once in a while I check in to see if you've moved on ... but no. Same ****.

Expand your horizons man! There's a team in Buffalo that is playing real NFL games on a weekly basis. Talk about them for a change.

Hey Jax Bills backer ...

I'm going to bring my son up to Jax for the Bills game for his first NFL game. What's the best way to get tickets? On line, or walk up to gate? Which sections would be best to sit in .... looking for shade, field view, Bills fan friendly etc.

Hey Jax Bills backer ...

I'm going to bring my son up to Jax for the Bills game for his first NFL game. What's the best way to get tickets? On line, or walk up to gate? Which sections would be best to sit in .... looking for shade, field view, Bills fan friendly etc.

Ask someone going outside the stadium if they have tickets and how much they will pay you to take them.

It seems more apparent then ever before to me that the Jacksonville Jaguars will move..Everday I see billboards that are pratically begging people to buy tickets. But people arent doing anything. The first home game I went to this year was against Arizona, There were literally 40,000 people there. Now then ever before ,I am starting to hear all the time on the news, T.V, or radio that people need to step up and " Save the Jaguars". There is only on hope though and both have to do with Tim Tebow leaving college.

1. That Tebow goes to the Jaguars and the fan base is suddenly sparked to buy tickets.

2. Or Tebow leaves to another NFL team causing the fanbase to let go of the gators a little bit.

Even though these could be options, I still see them struggling. What if Tebow does bad on the Jaguars. Then people will not want to buy tickets or support the team. " The Jaguars are in serious Danger of moving" and I think they will.

Now to maybe gain a little more respect around here, people don't seem to understand my Toronto theory.I would be the first one to say, " I don't know how I could ever like sports if the Bills moved" The thing is I like the bills in Toronto for one game a year, and one game only. " I think it gives our franchise something special that other teams don't have". I think it would be fun for a Bills fan to travel once a year to Toronto to support the Bills. Don't get me wrong it is fun as hell to drink and tailgate at bills football games. But I think it would be cool to also see once a year how a big market, Jerry Jones type of wine and dine type of atmosphere would be like. Just as long as the Bills dont move I am fine.

WRT the Jags, the writing was on the wall awhile ago. They'd been a good team for awhile and made the playoffs several years in a row, but still failed to sell-out games. I don't know if they got spoiled by starting-off well and staying good, but never taking that next step? But Weaver is the most likely owner to pull-up stakes and move to LA because unlike the Bills and Toronto, there is no potential market to tap. And Tebow's numbers this year are poor. He's not the answer...for any team.

As for the Bills and Toronto, if moving more games there is what it takes to keep the Bills in Buffalo, so be it. The alternative is far worse.

If you really want more respect then get off the damn subject. It's all you ever talk about. I started ignoring you weeks ago because I just got sick of it. Every once in a while I check in to see if you've moved on ... but no. Same ****.

Expand your horizons man! There's a team in Buffalo that is playing real NFL games on a weekly basis. Talk about them for a change.

Worrrrrrrrd. :thumbdown:

the only thing that could save nfl football in Jax is 2 scenarios:

1. Draft Tebow and find decent success w/Tebow as the starter.

or

2. Within a year or 2, a dynasty starts

I agree about the Toronto thing. If you could somehow guarantee the Bills' longevity in Buffalo and Toronto was guaranteed a game every season, I would be cool with that.

or

I agree about the Toronto thing. If you could somehow guarantee the Bills' longevity in Buffalo and Toronto was guaranteed a game every season, I would be cool with that.

Its gonna take like 4 games per season in Buff and 4 in Toronto

Now why don't you also admit that you are a childish homophobe.

Its gonna take like 4 games per season in Buff and 4 in Toronto

That's what we might ultimately see.

??? They had a hard enough time selling the tickets to the toronto game last year so I'm not sure how that would help.

The ticket prices were outrageous. Especially with the worldwide economy the way it is.

his typical conversations with the whole world:

good morn, hi did u know the jags might move?

yeah u told me yest

oh. so sorry. but u did know right?

YES! i didnt want to tell u yesterday, but u asked me the same thing the day before and the week before!

i could of mentioned it. i am glad u knew. dont ever forget. if u forget i will be there to remind u just in case. so dont worry.

not worried!

great. call me if u want to talk about the jags moving.

u r a bills fan for goodness

it goes something like that. probably exactly. :unsure:

WRT the Jags, the writing was on the wall awhile ago. They'd been a good team for awhile and made the playoffs several years in a row, but still failed to sell-out games. I don't know if they got spoiled by starting-off well and staying good, but never taking that next step? But Weaver is the most likely owner to pull-up stakes and move to LA because unlike the Bills and Toronto, there is no potential market to tap. And Tebow's numbers this year are poor. He's not the answer...for any team.

As for the Bills and Toronto, if moving more games there is what it takes to keep the Bills in Buffalo, so be it. The alternative is far worse.

Ah, yeah---except for this........

according to Michael Wright of the FLORIDA TIMES-UNION. Weaver: "I'm not selling the Jaguars. The team is not moving to L.A. I don't know how I can say it any more clearly than that. At some point, maybe I will sell the team. But not now."

...and this:

“In the past, we have reached out to try and cultivate that market and haven’t had as much success as we would have liked. We probably need to do a better job. That’s a given. We are looking at a long-term strategy and thinking out of the box on how we can build a fan base in Orlando.”

Other than that, your contention that Weaver will is the most likely to move to LA because there is no potential market to tap is "spot on" as usual.

It's always amusing to read these definitive posts like the Jaguars are moving,,,or the Bills are moving,,,or New Orleans, Minnesota, blah blah blah. The ownership of these teams and NFL decision makers never come out and say anyone is moving or planning to move. It's all speculation by fans on message boards and media.

or

I don't know how people think Tebow is going to be successful in the NFL. The guy throws 5 completions/game and improvises the rest of the time. To think he'd save any NFL franchise is ludicrous.

Ah, yeah---except for this........

according to Michael Wright of the FLORIDA TIMES-UNION. Weaver: "I'm not selling the Jaguars. The team is not moving to L.A. I don't know how I can say it any more clearly than that. At some point, maybe I will sell the team. But not now."

...and this:

"In the past, we have reached out to try and cultivate that market and haven't had as much success as we would have liked. We probably need to do a better job. That's a given. We are looking at a long-term strategy and thinking out of the box on how we can build a fan base in Orlando."

Other than that, your contention that Weaver will is the most likely to move to LA because there is no potential market to tap is "spot on" as usual.

Bahahahahaha! Yeah, building a fan base in Orlando, which is 140 miles/2 hours away, and whose fan base is comprised mostly of Dolphins, and then Bucs (who are only an hour away) fans, is REAL great strategery. I don't know which is more silly; Weaver's belief that after 15 years he now has to come up with a way to woo Orlando fans (because obviously, wooing Jacksonville fans has been an abject failure), or you believing him and/or thinking it makes sense. Spot on, doc. Spot on.

Oh and notice the "At some point, maybe I will sell the team" part. Yeah, that really sounds like he's committed to the area forever.