TO is done, stick a fork in him

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think TO's effort is the problem. It's his skills, which is to say, he's lost them. He has no explosiveness left. That reverse was a prime example - two years ago he explodes for a first down. Yesterday, there was a window there, but the second level of explosiveness never came. Sorry to say it, but he's done. Saying he's given up is shortsighted - remember, he's playing for one last big money contract. He just can't bring it anymore.

TO is an aging player with diminishing skills. He has been dropping passes at a very high rate for the past few years. So there should be no surprise when he does it with his new team. The inept front office in this organization quite often miscalculates getting veterans at the point where they have little left in their tank. Players such as Pat Williams and London Fletcher are veterans who were still capable of playing at a high level, but the organization preferred going cheap. :censored:

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

He's the scapegoat for Fitz' poor deep pass and an end-around that had no chance because the Panthers sniffed-it-out immediately, with not one but TWO players there to greet him about 3 yards short of the line of gain. And I don't know, you'd think that you'd want your speediest WR's handling the end-arounds, no?

TO is far from done. He was getting open a ton. Sure he dropped a pass, which is typical of him now. But he won't drop them all, or even a majority of them. Bottom line is the Bills need a decent QB.

He's the scapegoat for Fitz' poor deep pass and an end-around that had no chance because the Panthers sniffed-it-out immediately, with not one but TWO players there to greet him about 3 yards short of the line of gain. And I don't know, you'd think that you'd want your speediest WR's handling the end-arounds, no?

TO is far from done. He was getting open a ton. Sure he dropped a pass, which is typical of him now. But he won't drop them all, or even a majority of them. Bottom line is the Bills need a decent QB.

We all know our QBs stink. The poor pass is a red herring, though. It has nothing to do with TO's effort. And his effort on that play was pathetic. If he was in high school he'd be doing laps today for that. If he goes back for that ball, there is no way the the DB out jumps him for it.

I just don't see the logic in receivers only having to try and catch well thrown balls.

We all know our QBs stink. The poor pass is a red herring, though. It has nothing to do with TO's effort. And his effort on that play was pathetic. If he was in high school he'd be doing laps today for that. If he goes back for that ball, there is no way the the DB out jumps him for it.

I just don't see the logic in receivers only having to try and catch well thrown balls.

The play was remisicent of a deep pass to Lee last year or the year before, where Trent underthrew him and Evans didn't/couldn't fight for the ball. It was taken as a poor effort by Lee. The truth is, when you're running full bore downfield, it's not easy to come back for the ball. The ball actually was perfectly thrown...to the DB, who had an easy play on the ball.

The play was remisicent of a deep pass to Lee last year or the year before, where Trent underthrew him and Evans didn't/couldn't fight for the ball. It was taken as a poor effort by Lee. The truth is, when you're running full bore downfield, it's not easy to come back for the ball. The ball actually was perfectly thrown...to the DB, who had an easy play on the ball.

Coach?

Agree we gotta see if Johnson, Hardy or anyone else on this roster can make plays. We need to know going into next year who is the other receiver to be a threat. TO has been mediocre however having putrid Qbs with noodle arms is probably also impacting his impact.

Did anyone else notice that Steve Johnson was next to Jauron a lot in the 4th? I played football in HS and when the coach wants you by him it means he wants to get you in the game. Don't think Stevie ever got in because it was a run the clock out situation at that point but don't be surprised if Buffalo gets behind against Houston this weekend if we see Steve get in the game a lot more. TO should strictly be used as a Decoy and jump-ball target only from now on.

Do they call you "Doc" because you're heavily medicated? You clearly don't know wtf you're talking about. Coming back and fighting for the ball is what PROFESSIONALS do. If he wasn't going to catch it he has a responsibility to defend against it being intercepted. I learned that in 9th grade.

The guy is a professional athlete. When the balls in the air and in his direction he should be !@#$ing killing himself trying to get to it. What he did yesterday reminded me of some of the weak ass efforts we used to get from Princess Price. I'd hope that an elite NFL WR wouldn't have trouble turning around to attempt to catch an underthrown ball.

Be that as it may, look at the other actions. Watch his body language on non passing plays. Watch his effort at downfield blocking. The guy is clearly packing it in, collecting his check and doing everything he can to protect his body and avoid contact. None of that matters though because in the end, the guy has stone fingers. How he got the numbers he has is absolutely beyond me.

If you can't see that then I can't help you.

Is it me or does he look a lot smaller than he has in previous year?

He's always had a thinner frame, but this year his muscle development looks to be a lot less than his Cowboys/Eagles days.

BTW his efforet on his run play around the corner on 3rd down was abysmal. Like others have said he clearly does not like contact and it's showing. My best guess is he's disgusted with this teams offense (no question the worst offense he's been on in his career) and realizes we have no shot at the playoffs, and as a result he does not want to get hurt so he's playing very cautious and tentaively.

I believe a casual observer CAN pick up signs about a player's level of effort. And I don't see consistent signs of effort on TO's part.

For me personally, I'd feel more reassured that TO was giving full effort if I saw him just once, for example, congratulate a teammate who made a good play. I don't think I've seen this yet, expect for when TO might have congratulated TE after Edwards threw him a TD pass. But that doesn't count because he was involved in the play.

Granted, TO has always been a me-first guy and congratulating a teammate is of course not the same as effort, but it does indicate where a guy's head is at.

Go watch Fitzgerald of the Cards. He would kick his mother to after the ball. In the case of T.O's play he was stopped, watched and didn't even try to react. In Lee's case he is not known for fighting for balls up high. I have yet to see him EVER fight for a high ball.

TO is an aging player with diminishing skills. He has been dropping passes at a very high rate for the past few years. So there should be no surprise when he does it with his new team. The inept front office in this organization quite often miscalculates getting veterans at the point where they have little left in their tank. Players such as Pat Williams and London Fletcher are veterans who were still capable of playing at a high level, but the organization preferred going cheap. :thumbsup:

I thought you changed teams....

You need to get the ball near a deep receiver before they can catch it. That goes fot TO, or Lee Evans etc etc etc

The first pass Fitz threw to him was right on target and he drops it.

One pass he caught was in traffic ,double teamed and caught it.

To me T.O. still has it, but we have an below average O-line and weak QB's.

So looks like he made a poor choice in coming here, maybe it was the only option he had.

But he did his job, which was to sell tickets. anything on top of that is gravy.

Even though this post is short, it's a good analysis. Remember he made that HUGE leaping catch yesterday? He does still have it. I believe he is still fully capable of producing those 1000 yd seasons, for God's sake he just did it last year. i really think we just had too big of expectations for him coming in here, hoping for another 1000 yd season and maybe 8+ TD's. We don't have the people to help him out (QB's, O-line)

Even though this post is short, it's a good analysis. Remember he made that HUGE leaping catch yesterday? He does still have it. I believe he is still fully capable of producing those 1000 yd seasons, for God's sake he just did it last year. i really think we just had too big of expectations for him coming in here, hoping for another 1000 yd season and maybe 8+ TD's. We don't have the people to help him out (QB's, O-line)

We haven't had good qb and OL play for more than 15 yrs. :thumbsup: