TO is done, stick a fork in him

I mentioned this during yesterday's game chat but did anyone else notice just how little effort TO has been putting out? The first throw to him he alligator'd it, he never fought or even tried to come back for the long ball that was under thrown and his effort on the reverse was questionable at best.

What astounds me though is how many passes he drops. For a guy with his numbers he sure has some ****ty hands. If he caught half the passes thrown at him he'd already be in the hall of fame.

What bothers me the most is his body language on running plays. He jogs to his spot and basically telegraphs the fact that it's a run. If this is the maximum effort that he can put out then I say put his ass on the bench and lets see what Steve Johnson can do.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a known fact that Owens drops balls. That being said I was thinking the same thing yesterday, he is not putting in ANY effort to catch the ball. Since the checkdown king was benched we've seen several throws to Owens, which results in a dropped ball. Seems like Fitz and Evans may have a little chemistry, I would just avoid Owens at this point.

Was Hardy activated from the PUP list? If so, I think we should be using Hardy more than Johnson at this point because we need to see what he can offer the team and if he's progressed from last season.

I mentioned this during yesterday's game chat but did anyone else notice just how little effort TO has been putting out? The first throw to him he alligator'd it, he never fought or even tried to come back for the long ball that was under thrown and his effort on the reverse was questionable at best.

What astounds me though is how many passes he drops. For a guy with his numbers he sure has some ****ty hands. If he caught half the passes thrown at him he'd already be in the hall of fame.

What bothers me the most is his body language on running plays. He jogs to his spot and basically telegraphs the fact that it's a run. If this is the maximum effort that he can put out then I say put his ass on the bench and lets see what Steve Johnson can do.

Agree we gotta see if Johnson, Hardy or anyone else on this roster can make plays. We need to know going into next year who is the other receiver to be a threat. TO has been mediocre however having putrid Qbs with noodle arms is probably also impacting his impact.

I think this view is shortsighted in that from this fan's perspective, TO's being there was a big part of the limited success we had in this game. Specifically, while part of the success was on a great throw by Firtzpatrick to thread the needle on a dt of Evans coming off the line, on several other plays like the straight fly pattern long pass to Evans it was Owens drawing a dt on the other side of the field which allowed Evans to run free with single coverage.

Its incredibly difficult to read the amount of effort a player is making generally and really impossible to know what the specific play call was on a particular down and distance.

Worry about TO is such a side point right now as this O has much larger issues it needs to address in order to be judged even semi-adequate. The march backward in the shadows of our own goal post leading to a safety was one of the worst pieces of offensive football I have seen in a long time. This sequence concerned me far more than TO and any lack of effort on plays like the horribly underthrown ball by Fitz on and Owens fly pattern at one point in the game. Even on this play where I certainly felt TO did not show advertised playmaking ability, it was the poor throw by Fitz that drew my greater attention.

There is no great defense of TO and his play in this game, but I really do not think he needs one when one has any perspective on us getting a win on the road with the overall offensive anemia this team has.

In fairness to TO, it's not like the passes were right on target yesterday.

Agreed they weren't the best throws, but they hit his hands and he makes no effort to make the catch. It isn't a question of his abilities, it is his will to make even a mediocre attempt.

Agreed they weren't the best throws, but they hit his hands and he makes no effort to make the catch. It isn't a question of his abilities, it is his will to make even a mediocre attempt.

The only one I was really annoyed with the long ball to him and he made no effort to come back for the ball.

TO's still got it, but we don't have a capable quarterback to get him the ball. Did you see how open TO was on the bomb fitz threw? For the most part it's our qbs. Evans had his best game of there year and he only had 75 yards receiving.

Basically TO's in a situation now that moss was in when he played for the raiders. If you have an elite receiver but you don't have a qb who can get the ball to him the receiver's going to be unhappy.

I agree with this thread. Next game Im gooing to look HARD for two things:

1. How much TO is either smiling or yelling on the sidelines.

2. How "hard" he is running when he jogs up to the line.

THAT will tell the tale as to how much he "cares."

TO's still got it, but we don't have a capable quarterback to get him the ball. Did you see how open TO was on the bomb fitz threw? For the most part it's our qbs. Evans had his best game of there year and he only had 75 yards receiving.

Basically TO's in a situation now that moss was in when he played for the raiders. If you have an elite receiver but you don't have a qb who can get the ball to him the receiver's going to be unhappy.

You guys are nuts. Every week you can see WRs on any team making tougher catches on off target balls. TO has given up. He wants everyone to blame his QB---that's his MO.

Hey, has anybody asked Romo and the Cowboys how much they miss TO? Replaced and forgotten.

I don't think TO's effort is the problem. It's his skills, which is to say, he's lost them. He has no explosiveness left. That reverse was a prime example - two years ago he explodes for a first down. Yesterday, there was a window there, but the second level of explosiveness never came. Sorry to say it, but he's done. Saying he's given up is shortsighted - remember, he's playing for one last big money contract. He just can't bring it anymore.

I agree, I get so sickened watching this guy, who I was against coming here from the get go, give hardly no effort what so ever. He drops anything that hits his hands if isn't right in his numbers, and he drops some of them. If it isn't right in his numbers, he makes no effort what so ever to get the ball, just gives his little kid upset attitude that it was a bad pass. He won't block. The only thing he is above average at is when he has the ball in his hands and is running with it, which I think is why they are running so many reverses with him, since he wont catch the ball they hand it off to him. He has been a total waste of millions of dollars. The media makes it sound like it is all the offenses fault he has bad numbers, partially it is, but if he caught all the balls he drops or makes no effort to get to, he would have 25-30 catches already instead of 15 or whatever it is.

The first pass Fitz threw to him was right on target and he drops it.

One pass he caught was in traffic ,double teamed and caught it.

To me T.O. still has it, but we have an below average O-line and weak QB's.

So looks like he made a poor choice in coming here, maybe it was the only option he had.

But he did his job, which was to sell tickets. anything on top of that is gravy.

TO drops way too many passes, it's inarguable. To me, it's also inarguable that he gets open all day long and if we had a QB who could throw an accurate long ball, TO would have six TDs in six games, even with the drops.

Plus, even with the two drops yesterday he makes two catches that hardly anyone else in the league makes. 90% couldnt even have touched the first one. The second one, even though it was very short, was an extremely difficult catch.

TO drops way too many passes, it's inarguable. To me, it's also inarguable that he gets open all day long and if we had a QB who could throw an accurate long ball, TO would have six TDs in six games, even with the drops.

Plus, even with the two drops yesterday he makes two catches that hardly anyone else in the league makes. 90% couldnt even have touched the first one. The second one, even though it was very short, was an extremely difficult catch.

TO is a waste of 6.5 million. Ralph should have used that money toward an EXPERIENCED COACH/GM's salary.