Chris Draft To Start This Weekend

H2o

Recently signed Chris Draft practiced with the starting unit this past week and will likely start at weak side linebacker on Sunday.

The 11-year veteran will start in place of rookie Ashlee Palmer. In his one snap last Sunday, Draft sacked Mark Sanchez. He isn't going to help the Bills' rush defense much, but he offers versatility and provides some much needed depth.

You gotta love another LB who doesn't add much in run support. :cry:

Same way they figured he was on the field for one snap

:cry:

How stupid can people (Rotoworld) be? One look at Draft's stat-line alone shows he was AT LEAST on the field for 2 plays. But I guess a sack counts as a tackle. :cry:

"Chris Draft - known for making the most un-athletic sack in NFL history" - Wikipedia

Its too bad this b rate coaching staff wont wise up and play Harris. I mean really, how can he be worse than Ellison, Buggs, Palmer, Corto AND Chris "I have been on the roster for 36 hrs" Draft. He cant and he isnt. This team will never have a chance with this coaching staff keeping the play makers on the bench.

"Chris Draft - known for making the most un-athletic sack in NFL history" - Wikipedia

Its too bad this b rate coaching staff wont wise up and play Harris. I mean really, how can he be worse than Ellison, Buggs, Palmer, Corto AND Chris "I have been on the roster for 36 hrs" Draft. He cant and he isnt. This team will never have a chance with this coaching staff keeping the play makers on the bench.

"I'm sure the staff only plays the best players."

Sincerely,

Steve Johnson

You gotta love another LB who doesn't add much in run support. :cry:

Wrong. Chris Draft is a very serviceable veteran player both in run D and in coverage. Nothing wrong with him. A good signing in the circumstances (though a trade for Witherspoon would have been better still).

I like Nic Harris and Ashlee Palmer a lot. But they are much more likely to screw up at this point in their carreers than Draft.

Well, I know he's better than Parrish, and in the red zone, he's probably better than all of our other receivers. But who knows? He's not even given a chance.

As with Steve Johnson, ditto with Chris Ellis. I know he missed several games due to the death of his mother, but they were dressing Maybin ahead of him early and Maybin was doing (and is doing) nothing. With Maybin having missed all of training camp and most of the preseason, it seems like giving Ellis a shot early would have been a sound move.

As I've stated before, how can you evaluate a supposed up-and-coming player like Johnson or Ellis (or Nic Harris) if you don't give him some meaningful playing time in the regular season. Even more so now that we've stumbled out of the gates. Does the front office and football department really think we still have a shot at the playoffs? Probably the coaching staff knows the playoffs are most likely out of reach. Perhaps they're just trying to cobble together enough wins to save their jobs. At this point, this strategy might not in the best interests of the team from a player development standpoint.

Maybe I'm wrong and Fitz will lead us to several unexpected victories and the Bills will remain a playoff threat until late. Personally I don't see this but maybe I'm wrong.