Why Should We Throw to T.O?

Maybe with Fitz giving him more balls he might step up, but after watching him drop so many passes this year he's probably in the top 3 for reasons we don't convert 3rd downs. I saw that Fitz lost confidence in him after the 2nd drop and the other time he wasn't even looking for the ball.

Listen, I think he's a world-beater and a team-beater when he is drop mode. This team relies too much on small chunks rather than chunking the field for 20-25 yard gains that make a big difference that T.O can provide. Every pass is critical when you need to convert 3rd to play Dick ball.

I really wish we traded him to the Bears for a pick and we played Steve Johnson who is a perfect fit for the dink offense we play. Also, this season is a wash so watching him or Hardy develop is a big need for next season, moreso that making T.O happy.

You're absolutely right! I get so distracted on sundays that it hadn't occurred to me at all the TO has made some drops. I'm really surprised by this too, ya know. He definitely hasn't made a career out of this, so it's pretty shocking! Great observation, keep 'em coming.

Well, it's not like he drops *everything*. The guy is still a pretty good receiver, so you may want to continue to throw to him. He'll catch one every now & then.

Then why didn't the Bills keep Royal... Did you see that major drop in the Browns game?... The score shouldn't have been close... Well it would have been at 10-3.

why throw to TO?

Well, because he's a playmaker. He's always had the dropsies issue, but look at his production the last coupla years. He's averaged more TDs in his time in Dallas than all of the Bills receivers combined. You gotta feed him the ball.

If you don't feed him the ball, like you're suggesting, it would be like saying don't give the ball to L. Tomlinson becuase every 4th play he averages 0 yds or negative yardage....while the other 3 plays he's busting it for big plays.

Maybe with Fitz giving him more balls he might step up, but after watching him drop so many passes this year he's probably in the top 3 for reasons we don't convert 3rd downs. I saw that Fitz lost confidence in him after the 2nd drop and the other time he wasn't even looking for the ball.

Listen, I think he's a world-beater and a team-beater when he is drop mode. This team relies too much on small chunks rather than chunking the field for 20-25 yard gains that make a big difference that T.O can provide. Every pass is critical when you need to convert 3rd to play Dick ball.

I really wish we traded him to the Bears for a pick and we played Steve Johnson who is a perfect fit for the dink offense we play. Also, this season is a wash so watching him or Hardy develop is a big need for next season, moreso that making T.O happy.

One thing you got to remember about TO. He came in the league the same year as Marvin Harrison, Eddie Kenninson, Keeshawn Johnson & our very own Eric Moulds. What do all these guys have in common? They are all out of the league & for the most part have not been very productive for the last 5yrs outside of maybe Harrison. TO is old & it is my guess he probably hit the wall last year & the Cowboys knew it. The bestthing TO could do for the BIlls is be a 6 mill dollar decoy with an occasional big catch. Guys can not play forever.

One thing you got to remember about TO. He came in the league the same year as Marvin Harrison, Eddie Kenninson, Keeshawn Johnson & our very own Eric Moulds. What do all these guys have in common? They are all out of the league & for the most part have not been very productive for the last 5yrs outside of maybe Harrison. TO is old & it is my guess he probably hit the wall last year & the Cowboys knew it. The bestthing TO could do for the BIlls is be a 6 mill dollar decoy with an occasional big catch. Guys can not play forever.

TO hasn't been productive? Three years prior to the Bills he had 10, 15 and 13 TDs and then for yardage he was over 1,000 yards each of those seasons. Sounds pretty productive to me.

Why are his drops such a shock to everyone? Have you guys honestly not seen TO play in the past 5 years? He makes the big plays, but he comes with his fair share of drops. To expect different this year is nothing but foolish.

TO hasn't been productive? Three years prior to the Bills he had 10, 15 and 13 TDs and then for yardage he was over 1,000 yards each of those seasons. Sounds pretty productive to me.

I never said he has not been productive. But guys his age are usually out of the league & if they are not they hit the wall pretty fast. Maybe he is hitting the wall this year. It would also help if we actually had a qb that could get the ball to him on a regular basis.

why throw to TO?

Well, because he's a playmaker. He's always had the dropsies issue, but look at his production the last coupla years. He's averaged more TDs in his time in Dallas than all of the Bills receivers combined. You gotta feed him the ball.

If you don't feed him the ball, like you're suggesting, it would be like saying don't give the ball to L. Tomlinson becuase every 4th play he averages 0 yds or negative yardage....while the other 3 plays he's busting it for big plays.

Actually, that would be a good thing to say. He's not busting the big plays. Neither is TO. In fact, your comparison is right on--both "LT" and TO are struggling at the end of their careers.

Last year was last year, man.

I never said he has not been productive. But guys his age are usually out of the league & if they are not they hit the wall pretty fast. Maybe he is hitting the wall this year. It would also help if we actually had a qb that could get the ball to him on a regular basis.

Actually ya did. Sorry. :ph34r:

Although, I do agree with you. No one really knows what he or evans could be this year if the QB situation was cleared up.

Actually ya did. Sorry. :ph34r:

Although, I do agree with you. No one really knows what he or evans could be this year if the QB situation was cleared up.

Show me where I said he is not productive. I said those receivers that came into the league with him are all out of the league & most of them have not been productive for quite sometime.

What makes his drops "amazingly juvenile"? :ph34r:

He's not focused on the game and constantly going through the motions like a 6 year old forced to play. Watch Fitz's last throw to him when he wasn't even looking. The last throw wasn't a drop as much as T.O wasn't ready to look at the QB.

One drop a game is a lot and maybe one drop every 2 games is ok if you are making plays. This guy is dropped 2 passes to him a game which is killing drives.