George Steinbrenner and Ralph Wilson?

I just read in another post that George Steinbrenner asked Ralph to hire somebody as a Head Coach once as a "FAVOR?"

So, the first thing I think? When the hell is George going to return the favor?

Does anybody know if these 2 have an on-going friendship or anything that could make Ralph turn to some of the wealthiest owners in sports history...and ask THEM for a "FAVOR?"

I believe George and Lou Saban were good friends.

Yep--Saban worked for the Yankees as President...Here is George on their relationship upon Lou's death

My friendship with Lou goes back to 1948, when we were both involved in a youth track and field program in Cleveland. He has been my friend and mentor for over 50 years, and one of the people who helped shape my life. Lou was tough and disciplined, and he earned all the respect and recognition that came his way. He spent a lifetime leading, teaching and inspiring, and took great satisfaction in making the lives around him better.

This is a tremendous loss to me personally, and I extend my deepest condolences to his wife, Joyce, and the entire Saban family.

A George and Ralph conversation today would probably have only the slightest tether to reality. It might start with Jeter, A-Rod, Poz and TO and end with the merits of rice pudding's impact on bowel movements... (just sayin)

They are polar opposite owners. Ralph is the small market guy who runs his team like a business and wants to make a profit. Steinbrenner is the owner of the big evil empire and has spared no expense with his team even if it meant at times losing a little money in order to boost the value of the franchise.

Not saying which one is better or right but that they have really different ownership styles.

They are polar opposite owners. Ralph is the small market guy who runs his team like a business and wants to make a profit. Steinbrenner is the owner of the big evil empire and has spared no expense with his team even if it meant at times losing a little money in order to boost the value of the franchise.

Not saying which one is better or right but that they have really different ownership styles.

Aside from the recent "TO drops the football" topics, this may actually be the most obvious/useless post I've ever read.

Oh... No, no, no... That is not how the Steinbrenner fortune was made. Notice my other post int he helmet thread.

The big came changer for George is that he is in NYC... Raplh is still stuck on the lake between BFLO and Grosse Pointe Shores! Ralph would play it loose IMO if he was blessed with NYC. What I am saying is that a good businessman works with what they have!

Don't forget, Steinbrenner had a lot of money to play around with from daddy's shipping... So did Ralph with regards to his daddy's business.

Just goes to show you how wealth starts: Inherit it!

OMG, that's one of the funniest things I've ever read here. IIRC, Steinbrenner has never come close to losing money on the Yankees. It depends on how you calculate this stuff depending on what you count as revenue and expenses, but it seems to me you'd be hard pressed to show them losing money.

The Yes Network alone is worth approx. 2 billion dollars. If Ralph had a network worth 2 billion because of Bills programming I'm sure you'd think he was even cheaper because he still would have to operate within the salary cap.

I would say the one that won 6 titles is probably better.