Could Fitz actually save DJ's job?

Alphadawg7

Yes, if it wasn't for Edwards, we'd suddenly have a serviceable OLine, a successful coordinator and receivers who catch everything.

Damn you Trent!

:w00t:

Don't forget Maybin would already be a star and no one would get injured. Finally a QB that can do all those things!

You see giant leaps made on message boards...that's kind of what they are there for, but wow...Fitzpatrick as the savior. Bills nation has officially jumped the shark.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if it wasn't for Edwards, we'd suddenly have a serviceable OLine, a successful coordinator and receivers who catch everything.

Damn you Trent!

:w00t:

True. Watching MNF, I couldn't help but notice Phillip Rivers making some great plays despite playing behind a terrible OL. Trent is far from the only problem, but he's not a solution either.

Well this answers alot.

And no, Fitz sucks, Jauron sucks, pretty much the whole organization sucks right now. Trent is the best option for QB right now, with or without the concussion.

You must have rocks in your head. I watched the game on NFL replay in 30 minutes last nite. (much easier to focus on the nuances of the game when you have already seen the game once) Edwards is NOT our best option at QB. He almost never looks to throw down the field. Everything is a check down. Fitz did not play great, but he made plays when he had to. Looks much more comfortable on the field, and has a whole lot more confidence on where and when to throw the ball. He is not AFRAID!!! Edwards is. Biggest difference. The offense knows that, and played with much more confidence with Fitz leading them.

I will agree that Jauron does SUCK!! Way too conservative with the playcalling whenever we have a chance to win. This is his biggest fault. He does have us ready to play though, but the talent level is just so weak in our front seven on defense. Unbelievable how we get pushed around. Even Marcus Stroud. Need some big tough guys up front.

You must have rocks in your head. I watched the game on NFL replay in 30 minutes last nite. (much easier to focus on the nuances of the game when you have already seen the game once) Edwards is NOT our best option at QB. He almost never looks to throw down the field. Everything is a check down. Fitz did not play great, but he made plays when he had to. Looks much more comfortable on the field, and has a whole lot more confidence on where and when to throw the ball. He is not AFRAID!!! Edwards is. Biggest difference. The offense knows that, and played with much more confidence with Fitz leading them.

I will agree that Jauron does SUCK!! Way too conservative with the playcalling whenever we have a chance to win. This is his biggest fault. He does have us ready to play though, but the talent level is just so weak in our front seven on defense. Unbelievable how we get pushed around. Even Marcus Stroud. Need some big tough guys up front.

If he has rocks in his head you must have boulders in your head not to see that he is correct. Fitz is nothing but a serviceable backup for a mediocre at best team, that is all he ever will be. He wouldn't even bet that on a playoff contender.

Don't forget Maybin would already be a star and no one would get injured. Finally a QB that can do all those things!

You see giant leaps made on message boards...that's kind of what they are there for, but wow...Fitzpatrick as the savior. Bills nation has officially jumped the shark.

Seriously, do you even read? Not one post on here has said Fitz is a savior or even any good. All that is suggested is that he is better than Trent and that could be the difference in winning a few of these close games we have lost to bad teams.

And now to tie it all back in....Ryan Fitzpatrick, who didn't even play well last year, or last weekend, is NOT the answer. Trent would have most likely been 10-25.

There are two things that stick out for me that the 10 - 25 doesn't show:

1) The 1 - 1 he was on in stride slant passes to Lee Evans for a TD.

2) Including the TD he attempts passes Edwards can't or won't attempt.

I don't know that anyone is saying Fitz is the final answer at QB but I think we are saying is that he is likely better than Edwards. Lets give this guy 80% of the reps in practice with the first team for a few weeks and see what he can do!!!

Edwards could have gone 10 -25. I actually he think he would have done a lot better. Problem is he doesn't throw TD strikes and he can't/won't go down field meaning we lose the game.

Funny, that's what Pat fans were saying about some guy name Tom Brady when he came in for the injured Bledsoe.

Comparing Fitz to Brady :thumbsup: Really? What did Fitz do w/ the Bengals when Carson went down? cause Brady would have thrown 30+ tds w/ TJ and Ochocinco!

Mark my words, if we win 6 or more games, Jauron stays. Maybe they make some coaching staff changes, but Jauron stays.

Sadly you maybe right.

You know they are going to use injuries as an excuse...

The main thing he has 2 years + left on his contract.....that my friend is the REASON why.

The only way Ralph see the light is when we stop paying to see this shell of an organization. I know I wont waste my hard earned money on this product until Jauron is ghost.

Damn you Trent!

:thumbsup:

Seriously, please show me where I or anyone said Trent was our only problem Simon...

If you dont think Trent has been a major factor in piss poor production on offense then you dont know nearly as much about football as you like people to think. No one, including myself, is saying Trent is our only problem. But considering he is the one who touches the ball 100% of the time on offense, he has been a major reason.

Not to mention, for someone who claims to be so knowledgable on football Simon you can possiblytell me you did not notice a DISTINCT positive influence in our offense once Fitz came into the game. The biggest difference was he was getting the ball into our play makers hands. The throw to Evans was perfect as hit him in perfect stride for a TD. When was the last time you saw Evans get to show case his true speed like that? Trent never hits Evans in stride because he doesnt throw with any anticipation and gives up on the routes after 2 seconds in the pocket and immediately looks for the checkdown. This has even been showcased on breakdowns on NFL shows. The other throw that was ruled incomplete was also a perfect throw again hitting Evans right where he needed to. It was overturned, but that wasnt because of the throw.

Add in that Fitz had no sacks and made our O line look a lot better against a defense that previously made our offense look like a High School offense with Trent at command. It gave up no sacks under Fitz as he moved around the pocket more.

So, no one is saying Trent is the only problem, but its pretty clear he was a big problem and considering with all our problems as you like to point out, we are still in every game. So I ask again, with a little better play at QB, why is it so inconcievable to think we can win some games?

Damn you Trent!

:thumbsup:

Not saying those aren't problems. But because of those Trent gets a pass? OLine gave up 1 sack to the blitz happy Jets Sunday. When Trent was playing co incidentally. I wish TO could cut down on the drops a little.

Oh, and LV and anyone else bringing up his passing stats...I love how you conveniently leave out the 4 dropped passe and the overturned completion to Evans. If you had all those back in his completion % is 60%. He made some bad throws, but he also made some great throws. He had more good throws than bad throws, and they were aggressive throws. Not to mention, how few reps he has had with that unit as a backup.

If I was to put money on who will have a higher completion %, I would put it on Trent given the absurd amount of safe, unproductive throws he makes.

If I was to put money on who will get more yards, easily Fitz.

If I was to put money on who will get more passes to our WR's (out best playmakers), easily Fitz.

If I was to put money on who will score us more points, easily Fitz.

If I was to put money on who will have more turnovers, easily Trent

If I was to put money on who will get sacked more, easily Trent

If I was to put money on who will slide in the pocket giving his recievers time to get open, easily Fitz

Adding that all up, I would put my money on Fitz to produce more and win us more games than Trent. And I dont even think Fitz is very good, just that Trent is that much of a problem.

Even if Fitz does well, I still want us to get a QB in the draft or FA as I think is upside is limited (but hey, he could surprise, who knows. Look at how Warner came out of no where, stanger things have happened). But, its not that Fitz is that good, its just that Trent is just that bad in so many areas.

Bottom line, THERE IS WAY TOO MUCH TALENT AND WEAPONS ON OUR OFFENSE FOR US TO SCORE SO LITTLE OFFENSIVE POINTS...I mean we lost to a QB who completed TWO, JUST TWO, freaking passes under Trent. That should have been the end of him right there.

don't worry, Fitz is barely a serviceable backup QB. That will be very clear shortly.

This is what a decade of losing football does to a fanbase; it makes people delusional.

I would be more worried about the injury excuse saving Jauron.

If people can't see that Trent is "a barely serviceable backup" in 3 years what makes you think we will see that in Fitz so quickly? LOL

Ryan Fitzpatrick had Chad Johnson, Ochocinco, whatever the hell you call him for now, and T.J. Houshmazada last year, to perennial pro-bowlers every year, and stunk it up. The scary thing is, Cincy's o-line was and IS better than Buffalo's this year. It will take both his and Jauron's Ivy League educations plus Doogie-fickin-Houser to make Fitz a "Real-deal"!