Should Edwards retire?

I think the wimp comments come from a misunderstanding or from an inability to express what they mean. Trent's obviously taking a ridiculous amount of punishment. People seem to call him a "wimp" because he attempts to avoid it.

It's like someone stepping out of the way of a train coming down the tracks. They lose the game of chicken, but keep on breathing. People have a problem because Trent play the game of chicken with the train and stands on the tracks long enough to get hit, but they feel like he didn't stand in there and take the hit to win the game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If Trent gets a third concussion than he should retire asap. As of now I'd say he could play but any more injuries to the head no matter how severe and I'd call it quits.

He wont go another 5 games let alone a career without getting hit on the head.And after a few concussions it doesnt take much to get another one.

He is a smart kid and needs to think about the future.

It's fine to joke about this stuff, but take a look at the wreckage of people's lives post-NFL. Most lineman are lucky to make it past 55-60.
The joke is fans worrying about post-NFL lives, unlike players of past, todays players have a clear idea of their lives after their playing days, numerous studies indicate shorter live expectancy, greater physical problems, Yet they go into the game for the millions of dollars with eyes wide open to the downside of the job.

Backup QB comes in and barely wins a game and TSW posters are calling for the starters retirement...classic. You are all drastically overreacting.

..but his health...that is what everyone is concerned about...his health...seriously..

Also, nice bridge for sale.

Backup QB comes in and barely wins a game and TSW posters are calling for the starters retirement...classic. You are all drastically overreacting.

what does that have to do with the topic at hand? Fitz and the win have nothing to do with the retirement talk.

what does that have to do with the topic at hand? Fitz and the win have nothing to do with the retirement talk.

They don't? If Edwards was the clear-cut franchise QB and lighting up the league would this thread exist? It would be "lets hope he gets back out there soon!"

Can we put aside our opinions of his ability to help this team win and really address the question?

Anyone barging into this thread thinking this is a knock on Edwards is a putz.

It's a legit question.

Edwards is a Stanford grad with plenty of money to retire comfortably with. We don't know all the details of this latest concussion, but it may very well be the end of his career; by his own choice.

Hope things work out well for him. We isn't/wasn't a good fit for us, but it's just a game.

Clearly it was a penalty , if it was Tom Brady a personal foul would have been called.

But thats 2 concussions in 2 years, time to worry.

If Pace did this to Brady, he would be executed on the spot.

We all have different opions on Edwards but he is a good guy and it's a shame that he is going through this. This could be a very scary time for him. I hope he gets better and makes the right decision for himself and his family.

Are you guys all neurologists? Did you examine Edwards? Did you stay at a holiday inn last night?

How can you possibly think after reading some article and hearing on TV that a guy got a concussion that you know he should retire? We can say "I'd have gone for it on that 4th and 2" cause we are all familiar with football. But nobody on this board (even if you are an MD) knows this situation, so none of you should have an opinion on it.

It is *outrageous* that that wasn't a penalty. Really. Pace is a dirty, dirty player. He's one guy I wouldn't mind seeing getting a cheap shot at the Rogers Center in a few weeks.

How about a nice chop block to the knees in that field turf.

Are you guys all neurologists? Did you examine Edwards? Did you stay at a holiday inn last night?

How can you possibly think after reading some article and hearing on TV that a guy got a concussion that you know he should retire? We can say "I'd have gone for it on that 4th and 2" cause we are all familiar with football. But nobody on this board (even if you are an MD) knows this situation, so none of you should have an opinion on it.

It's his 2nd concussion in about a year. That's not a good sign.

Trent doesn't know how to protect himself that is why he keeps getting concussions. i don't think it has anything to do with the game last year. He constantly puts himself in harms way. he does it every week when he runs the ball. I don't see him slide much. JP was the same way. They both tend to get hurt alot because of it.

Take a look at the record of concussions. We do have a definitive answer, actually - he did suffer a concussion today, and he had a bad one a year ago. Btw, why swear? What's the point?

Shhhh I think he may have a history of concussion as well, some symptoms are there in the post.................ok maybe not

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/10...?printable=true

Apparently, Wayne Chrebet's memory is pretty shot too ...

Not trying to be an azz, but I am curious...why does everyone say Trent is so bright? Does someone know his SAT scores or seen his college records that I dont know about? I mean he went to Stanford as a highly recruited High School QB, not on academic merits.

I am not saying he is dumb, but his football IQ is very low, especially when it comes to reading a defense and anticipating routes...

Not trying to be an azz, but I am curious...why does everyone say Trent is so bright? Does someone know his SAT scores or seen his college records that I dont know about? I mean he went to Stanford as a highly recruited High School QB, not on academic merits.

I am not saying he is dumb, but his football IQ is very low, especially when it comes to reading a defense and anticipating routes...

I don't recall if he was his high school valedictorian, but in high school Trent had a 3.9 GPA and scored 1130 on his SAT.

He also earned a Poly Sci degree at Stanford.

That said, my uncle Wally is a really bright guy and I don't want him quarterbacking the Bills either.*

* As a Bills fan I reserve the right to change my mind on this topic daily.

Sounds like someone got rejected from Stanford and had to settle for Stansbury. :P