All This Win Tells Us

BillsNYC

Is that the Jets are overrated and will now likely finish with a losing record, because those are the only teams we beat. I was quick to send that to my Jets fan family members telling them that losing to us was the Kiss of Death.

Being a true Bills fan I am happy to win, but my hopes are still grounded.

Is that the Jets are overrated and will now likely finish with a losing record, because those are the only teams we beat. I was quick to send that to my Jets fan family members telling them that losing to us was the Kiss of Death.

dude... are you a Bills fan? We beat the Jets! Great Win. What is wrong with you f's???

They played right into our hands by injuring Trent. NO WAY the Bills win if Trent plays the entire game.

Do you want to keep your crusade in the Trent threads?

I'm not asking politely again.

what makes it worse is Jauron can now use this win to justify his conservative style of play... the problem is, there are not too many times you get 6 interceptions, have a team botch a winning FG attempt(however tough it would have been), and have the opposing running back set the franchise rushing record on you and still win the game...

I actually got to see most of the second half while in South Carolina...they were showing the Pats-Titans game, but it was such a blowout, they switched to the Bills game...I was amazed to see the Bills win this type of game on the road...usually they find a way to lose games like this, and while they kept trying to give the game back to the Jets, the Jets weren't having any of it and gave it right back...

Right, because he was only 5/5 before the injury... :thumbsup:

I agree with the previous comment, we would not have won that game if TE stayed healthy. Don't confuse statistics for production. The difference between Fitz and TE is that Fitz actually threw the ball past the line of scrimmage. He also has better awareness / knowledge on when to get rid of it. TE could have been 15 for 15 and he would have had less than 100 yards, and just the three points.

Fitz moved the ball. He through SLANTS with a zip! He's not as accurate as TE but at least he makes quick decisions and trusts his receivers enough to at least throw the ball to them.

What about that pass to Nelson up the seam? That's a pretty ballzy throw and he put it in a position where Nelson was able to make a GREAT catch.

He threw a pass to Lee Evans who went superspeed and scored a TD...let's not get carried away with his performance.

It's an amazing thing when you throw the ball to a WR! On another note, when did Lee start running slants?

It's an amazing thing when you throw the ball to a WR! On another note, when did Lee start running slants?

that is what i noticed... the Bills have not had slants or routes over the middle since moulds was here. This was a good adjustment imo.

Right, because he was only 5/5 before the injury... :thumbsup:

I am so SICK of the stats people use to defend Trent. Yeah he was 5 for 5.........................the same way he always has a high completion percentage, by throwing SHORT, SAFE passes that amount to NOTHING. Trent put THREE points on the board................as USUAL.

What did we learn from this performance? In my opinion, we learned that through many injuries and some good fortune handed to us by the Jets, along with decent play on offense and above average on defense, excluding the run defense...we learned that Ralph will find enough excuses to keep the current staff in place at least through the season.

I am so SICK of the stats people use to defend Trent. Yeah he was 5 for 5.........................the same way he always has a high completion percentage, by throwing SHORT, SAFE passes that amount to NOTHING. Trent put THREE points on the board................as USUAL.

Trent is not good, but Fitz is not either. We are screwed.

Short safe passes that amount to nothing? He was 5/5 and averaged 8.6 yards per pass. That's pretty high.

Fitz averaged only 4.6/attempt.

I'm not saying Trent's the answer, but based on today's performance, Fitz isn't either -- and I think Trent was actually better.

Do you want to keep your crusade in the Trent threads?

I'm not asking politely again.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you telling me I don't have a right to express my views about Trent on this board? There a a NUMBER of posters that have CRUSADED against JP & continue to do so even though he is no longer on the team without getting any kind of warning. I am always polite on this board.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you telling me I don't have a right to express my views about Trent on this board? There a a NUMBER of posters that have CRUSADED against JP & continue to do so even though he is no longer on the team without getting any kind of warning. I am always polite on this board.

You have a significant history of posting the same anti-Edwards crusade repeatedly. That is not allowed on this board as other posters find it irritating, repetitive and obnoxious. I have politely suggested that you not carry on your crusade in inappropriate places on the board. And despite my polite request, once again you have entered a thread that had NOTHING to do with Trent Edwards, and turned it into yet another Trent Edwards thread.

Since you ignored my PM about it, I'm simply telling you here that I am done asking politely for you to stop it. If you do not cease doing it, I will cease being polite about it.

I learned 2 things:

1. Say what you want, but when you are done babbling, the fact remains that this team played with heart today. Real heart, not Made-for-TV, Joe Buck-manufactured heart. This team could have easily used Edwards injury as an excuse to quit. But they did not. Yeah, I know about the long runs, but, I also know that we have a street FA LB make a "great"(read: confused then sick) play for a sack today. With rookies and newbies, you have to take the good with the bad. I saw players like POZ, Freddie, Evans, and dare I say, Lynch, refusing to quit out there. You can give credit to the players themselves, or, you can give credit to the coaches. Either way, the outcome is all that matters, and they got the win because they didn't quit.

2. This O line gets better every snap never mind every game. I know it wasn't a perfect, or even good, plan to get here. And, I know that they have a long way to go. But...ask yourself: who had a false start today? Not one from an O lineman, and only one from a rookie TE. That is a significant improvement, on the road, in a hostile environment the entire game. In fact, I only recall 1 penalty(Hangartener holding), for the entire line(could be wrong). Again, we can credit the players, or the coaching staff, but the improvement, against a much better defense this week, can not be denied. And therefore, I think we learned that however we end up, this is a much better team for the last 6 games, than it has been for the first 6.

I learned 2 things:

1. Say what you want, but when you are done babbling, the fact remains that this team played with heart today. Real heart, not Made-for-TV, Joe Buck-manufactured heart. This team could have easily used Edwards injury as an excuse to quit. But they did not. Yeah, I know about the long runs, but, I also know that we have a street FA LB make a "great"(read: confused then sick) play for a sack today. With rookies and newbies, you have to take the good with the bad. I saw players like POZ, Freddie, Evans, and dare I say, Lynch, refusing to quit out there. You can give credit to the players themselves, or, you can give credit to the coaches. Either way, the outcome is all that matters, and they got the win because they didn't quit.

2. This O line gets better every snap never mind every game. I know it wasn't a perfect, or even good, plan to get here. And, I know that they have a long way to go. But...ask yourself: who had a false start today? Not one from an O lineman, and only one from a rookie TE. That is a significant improvement, on the road, in a hostile environment the entire game. In fact, I only recall 1 penalty(Hangartener holding), for the entire line(could be wrong). Again, we can credit the players, or the coaching staff, but the improvement, against a much better defense this week, can not be denied. And therefore, I think we learned that however we end up, this is a much better team for the last 6 games, than it has been for the first 6.

Very good point. I was watching the new RT- Meredith alot, too. He does not seem too shabby.

It was a relief to finally get to 3rd and short and not have a bonehead penalty.

Fitz moved the ball. He through SLANTS with a zip! He's not as accurate as TE but at least he makes quick decisions and trusts his receivers enough to at least throw the ball to them.

Jenkins was hurt and they did change the offense this week by huddling and calling other plays