Jairus Byrd

bills_red

We don't have a problem drafting talent in the secondary and possibly FA OL. We suck at evaluating personnel everywhere else. But come to think of it, we seem to hit better in the later rounds. My guess is our college talent evaluators are excellent. The problem might be the people making decisions as to where to draft them.

:worthy:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

If you want to go up against the Pats and the Saints of the NFL you better be able to shut down the pass,

The Buffalo Bills rank 4th in the National Football League in Pass defense( despite injuries) and the main reason why we have been in every ball game.

did you see him over-pursue in the run game? he was the reason why those two 60+ yard runs went that far. I like him a lot in the pass game but he's really bad in the run game thus far

jesus...go watch the !@#$ing game again if you think that. if you're even trying to say that ONE GUY is responsible for 2 60+ yard runs, then you need to get a clue.

I would look to the middle linebacker position before blaming Byrd for our run defense today.......

I thought it was your MLB who was supposed to be patrolling that area?

No, he patrols the weight room. Possibly several streets down where he gets his roids. Anything else might break his brittle bones.

Against Derek Anderson and rookie Mark Sanchez! Seriously, are some of you as desperate to have a safety succeed this much? And no one's answered my point about Whitner yet. When Byrd sustains this level of play against better offenses over at least two seasons, then I'll yield he's very good.

The way some are talking about him you'd think Ed Reed Jr. is on this team.

He was a great ball hawk in college and now is continuing as a pro. I'm not saying hes a great safety .....Just saying that he is a playmaker.Those intercepts werent luck.Those were great plays with perfect timing.You cant teach that.

Does anyone out there remember Mark Kelso?

"The Great Gazoo"

Unfortunately yes. Always remember a playoff game against the Raiders, during the superbowl years. Tim Brown caught a deep pass and was running for yards when Kelso was just coming into the picture, had to be 40 yars past the line of scrimmage. Never seen a safety play that deep. Definetly one of the weaker links on the SB years defense.

Against Derek Anderson and rookie Mark Sanchez! Seriously, are some of you as desperate to have a safety succeed this much? And no one's answered my point about Whitner yet. When Byrd sustains this level of play against better offenses over at least two seasons, then I'll yield he's very good.

The way some are talking about him you'd think Ed Reed Jr. is on this team.

What a weird excuse. It's out of Bryd's control which QB he faces. You're arguments are pretty weak there. He's a ballhawk. End of story. That was his description coming out of college, and 2 starts 3 ints pretty much means that he's the best safety we've had in a loooong time.

Byrd and George Wilson have the best ball skills out of all the safeties. Obviously though.. Byrd was a corner in college at Oregon and Wilson was a receiver.

Agreed. However it's being made painfully clear how much more effective Donte Whitner and Bryan Scott are against the run.

Agreed. However it's being made painfully clear how much more effective Donte Whitner and Bryan Scott are against the run.

Maybe we should create a system where we have Scott and Whitner in on 1st and 2nd down, and a quarter package on third down with whitner in the middle?

Maybe we should create a system where we have Scott and Whitner in on 1st and 2nd down, and a quarter package on third down with whitner in the middle?

Even better keep Byrd on the field and let him develop skills at the line and 2nd level. Hes shown he can hit and tackle well already...he could end up being what Donte is advertised as....

i was just goofing..sometimes i say hes butch's son or grandson---they have similar traits ballhawkerwise

Did you know Butch Byrd worked as an auto mechanic at a Chrysler dealer in the off-season?

Back when they needed training camp to get into shape again for the season.