So... maybe Edwards is the problem?

Edwards is a wimp, Fitz was bad and you people think we have a shot at winning it all. The D won this football game. Wow the homerizm and lack of football knowledge really shows after a win. That was ugly and looked like heading for a tie.

A little extreme but true. Fitz was bad however he threw the ball to his recievers. Edwards is way more accurate but until he starts getting it to recievers they're both equally bad. One thing I noticed was out O-Line didnt play as bad.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you have to start to believe Trent is/was one of the problems

I watched the game, and Fitz looked pretty good. He tried to force the ball a couple of times, but he tried to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball fast. Also, Fitz looked to have more pocket awareness and mobiltiy in the pocket. However, the o-line seemed to play better than normal

Yes we did actually run and score on a slant, IT WAS GREAT.

the team looked energized with Fitz in there: all 3 parts

not this we are gonna lose cause our QB stinks look when glove boy is in there

A little extreme but true. Fitz was bad however he threw the ball to his recievers. Edwards is way more accurate but until he starts getting it to recievers they're both equally bad. One thing I noticed was out O-Line didnt play as bad.

Lets say we ended up with 3 picks, do you think we win this game?

Depends on the pics but most likely we would've lost. Like I said, I thought you were right. When I was referring to extreme I was referring to the QB's.

The Bills had 6 interceptions and Edwards was 5 for 5 before he was taken out. Fitzpatrick was a mess. Edwards may not be the answer but tonights game is no indicator of that.

It's very suspicious that they WON a game that looked lost after Trent went out. Maybe Fitz wasn't lights out, but he eeked out enough offense to help win this game. If Trent played the whole game i suspect we may not have scored an offensive TD. I just wish Fitz had played some vs Cleveland because he could've been the difference in a very winnable game.

I think we need to keep in mind that our D had 6 INT's. I think a healthy Edwards we put up more points (not saying more TDs) and win in regulation. Just to contrast, though Fitz made a point to get the ball the WRs.

Trent put up THREE points, that is 3 points, ONE field goal, the ENTIRE time he played. The ONLY reason the Bills won is because he was injured with a lot of time left as I predicted before the game.

Trent put up THREE points, that is 3 points, ONE field goal, the ENTIRE time he played. The ONLY reason the Bills won is because he was injured with a lot of time left as I predicted before the game.

if we only had three picks do we win this game?

Fitzy didn't look too good, to me. Of course he probably didn't have much time with the 1st team offense preparing, so maybe you can cut him some slack. However, there were several times that I caught myself saying, "No way Trent attempts that pass."

Anyone else think Trent throws to Nelson, behind the defender like that? Granted all his passes weren't great. But, I give him some credit for at least trying. That's more than I've seen from Trent that last few weeks.

Fitzpatrick is not a good QB, let's get that out of the way right at the start. He had some terrible throws when he was out there today, and he's certainly not any kind of answer to our offensive woes. But I saw enough to confirm for me that Edwards should get the hook. Fitzpatrick came up against his considerable physical limitations, but I saw more throws to Evans and Owens in just this game than I think I've seen all season.

I'm completely done with Edwards.

I think that you have to start to believe Trent is/was one of the problems

I watched the game, and Fitz looked pretty good. He tried to force the ball a couple of times, but he tried to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball fast. Also, Fitz looked to have more pocket awareness and mobiltiy in the pocket. However, the o-line seemed to play better than normal

Yes we did actually run and score on a slant, IT WAS GREAT.

He looked alot better and decisive than Trentative.

Dare I say it, the offense even seemed to have a little more cohesiveness to it (the same way it used to when Trent came in to spell JP). That is a very general statement, ofcourse...as the running game could have used some help. But the passing game and the receivers seemed to come more alive with Fitz.

Except for Owens. What is his problem with catching a ball?

The other, and perhaps most important factor, which Fouts mentioned during the broadcast, was that Fitz did not have the benefit of a full week of prep with the first team offense.

I hardly think we have a controversy- as the team could clearly use an improvement over both of them at this point- but a win is a win.

Fitzpatrick is not a good QB, let's get that out of the way right at the start. He had some terrible throws when he was out there today, and he's certainly not any kind of answer to our offensive woes. But I saw enough to confirm for me that Edwards should get the hook. Fitzpatrick came up against his considerable physical limitations, but I saw more throws to Evans and Owens in just this game than I think I've seen all season.

Hey at this point I would be ok with getting Hamdan in there.

you guys are idiots. trent was 5-5. he would have played well against a blitzing team like this. the difference was new plays - ie the slant. Trent also was throwing often to Lee and TO early before he got hurt. its the play calling and schemes changing. fitz is not nearly as accurate, though it was a good deep ball that got overturned... TE is not great, hes avg at best. but he's the best bet we have right now. its not fitz, its not jeff garcia, its not brady quinn...

Though I may not be over with Edwards, I do think he needs some more time to mature and learn. I thought he was thrown into the fire too early in his development because of circumstances beyond his control (JP sucked) and the nature of the NFL game today.

And I am far from a Fitzpatrick fan. But he was throwing to his receivers. I don't know the official stats, but I seem to think that Owens equalled his season production thus far with receptions. Now if he could just catch more of 'em...

Edwards just does not seem to be reading the defense properly and making proper decisions on the field.

you guys are idiots. trent was 5-5. he would have played well against a blitzing team like this. the difference was new plays - ie the slant. Trent also was throwing often to Lee and TO early before he got hurt. its the play calling and schemes changing. fitz is not nearly as accurate, though it was a good deep ball that got overturned... TE is not great, hes avg at best. but he's the best bet we have right now. its not fitz, its not jeff garcia, its not brady quinn...

Back at ya, champ. It's astounding that when Edwards gets hurt and the backup comes in, suddenly they start calling slants.

This is a pretty bad thing to take away from this game. People are overreacting to the "badness". Changing Trent Edwards for Fitzpatrick doesn't make this team any better in the end. Focus on where the fault lies:

Jim Overdorf

Tom Modrak

John Guy

They need to go and then we can worry about if *one* position needs to be changed.