The Bills won, but that was a bad reversal on Evans

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a bad reversal. I thought it was a catch. It looked like he perhaps purposely let go of the ball with his right hand so that he could brace himself with his right hand while holding the ball with his left hand.

If they called it the other way to begin with, I could understand replay not overturning the original call -- but I do not understand how there was enough evidence to overturn the original call here.

So is this more evidence of the refs conspiracy against the Bills? :thumbsup:

That was a bad reversal. I thought it was a catch. It looked like he perhaps purposely let go of the ball with his right hand so that he could brace himself with his right hand while holding the ball with his left hand.

If they called it the other way to begin with, I could understand replay not overturning the original call -- but I do not understand how there was enough evidence to overturn the original call here.

Agreed.

I actually thought it was a bobble watching the play in real time.

I did too.

But the rule on replay is clear and incontrovertible evidence. Considering the possibility that Lee was trying to put the ball away too brace himself for impact leaves some doubt. And as a result I don't think the call should have been overturned.

Sorry I think you are being biased he clearly bobbled the ball before completing the catch out of bounds the Refs actually got one right.

The thing is, I *tried* to think that yeah, it was a bobble, but the last couple of times they showed it, one could easily interpret it as a clean shift to a tuck in the left hand. In any event, it wasn't entirely clear, and the rule is "irrefutable," not "probably." I agree with Simon -- in Rich, that call goes the Bills' way. And I also agree with Peter -- if the call goes the Jets way from the start, the refs shouldn't have overturned it if the Bills had challenged.

It has to be irrefutable. To me, it looked less like a bobble than a clean shift to his left hand. In any case, it really has to be clear. That was not.

If you review and reverse that play, NFL, you have review ALL sideline pass completions. If was a ref homer screwing to the Bills, as usual.

He didn't "bobble" the ball. He tried to transfer/secure it with his left hand.

nope....switching it to the other hand is not control when trying to catch a football, when you are done doing that, you are out of bounds.

nope....switching it to the other hand is not control when trying to catch a football, when you are done doing that, you are out of bounds.

Wrong. He was in full control of the ball. The issue is whether the ball was not under his control, and it was, the entire time.

nope....switching it to the other hand is not control when trying to catch a football

You're wrong.

There is a specifically written rule that says that if you're manipulating the ball to a different position, that means you're already in control of it and it's considered to have been caught.

You're wrong.

There is a specifically written rule that says that if you're manipulating the ball to a different position, that means you're already in control of it and it's considered to have been caught.

nope, not in that case. I have watched it 20 times and not once does it look like a catch. No control until out of bounds, but nice try.