CNN's Sanchez Apologizes for Running Fake Limbaugh Quote

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proof?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh.asp

# "Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing."

Media Matters for America documents this statement (with an audio clip) as one made by Rush Limbaugh in the course of his radio program on 21 August 2007.

# "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

Media Matters also documents this statement as one made by Rush Limbaugh in the course of his radio program on 19 January 2007.

# "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

# "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

Rush Limbaugh acknowledged making these statements in a 1990 Newsday article (although the latter, at least, occurred not on Limbaugh's now-familiar talk and political commentary radio program, but at the beginning of his broadcast career back in the early 1970s when he was hosting a Top 40 music show under the name "Jeff Christie" on either WIXZ or KQV in Pittsburgh):

# "I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve."

Rush Limbaugh made this statement about Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb during a September 2003 broadcast of ESPN television's Sunday NFL Countdown program. The controversy generated by the remark prompted Limbaugh's resignation from his position as a commentator on that show.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh.asp

# "Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing."

Media Matters for America documents this statement (with an audio clip) as one made by Rush Limbaugh in the course of his radio program on 21 August 2007.

# "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

Media Matters also documents this statement as one made by Rush Limbaugh in the course of his radio program on 19 January 2007.

# "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

# "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

Rush Limbaugh acknowledged making these statements in a 1990 Newsday article (although the latter, at least, occurred not on Limbaugh's now-familiar talk and political commentary radio program, but at the beginning of his broadcast career back in the early 1970s when he was hosting a Top 40 music show under the name "Jeff Christie" on either WIXZ or KQV in Pittsburgh):

# "I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve."

Rush Limbaugh made this statement about Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb during a September 2003 broadcast of ESPN television's Sunday NFL Countdown program. The controversy generated by the remark prompted Limbaugh's resignation from his position as a commentator on that show.

I don't understand what's racist about any of those? A racist person preaches HATE against people due to their color or background, none of these quotes do that. The bone one is mean spirited, but would have to hear the entire conversation, and doesn't mean he's racist. You need to do better than posting a couple quotes from a 20 year career to pull the race card. I'm sure you rushed to Jeramiah Wright's side when the Republicans did the same to him.

That damned Dirty Sanchez

Why isn't Rick Sanchez in jail?

He should be in there for Felony DUI or Manslaughter.

At a Dolphins game. he was drunk and hit someone in the lot with his car. The guy was paralyzed and died 8 months later from his injuries.

rush has 30 million listeners... mainstream conservatism is racist. always has been and always will be. it was the progressive movement that ended slavery and it was the progressive movement that started the civil rights movement.... conservatives also think poor people are lazy....... there I SAID IT!!!

Now that we've made the NFL and St. Louis safe from Rush Limbaugh, let's go after the Miami Dolphags.

You do realize that it's pathetic, pea-brained crap like that which makes the rest of the world view the modern conservative movement as the whiniest group of bitches in the US. You've marginalized yourselves by marching idiot lockstep behind a bunch of weepy, self-pitying pundits and I think most people (including true conservatives) are just sick of it. You've got nobody to blame but yourselves.

That guy's awesome!

I think from now on I'm going to refer to Obama as Long-legged Mac Daddy. :thumbdown: