I stand by my original prediction..

canbuffan34

I stated in the offseason that I thought DJ would be gone after 6 games, and after we get embarassed by the Jets on Sun. I believe that Ralph will pull the trigger. I will admit however, that my choice for interim HC (April) doesn't exactly instill confidence in us this year based on his (not so special teams). In fairness, I think if you look at his entire body of work you could certainly argue that he would be an upgrade over Jauron. I don't know about you guys and gals, but my

hope for this team is to see someone else patrolling the sidelines next Sunday, whoever it might be. I just can't envision Ralph allowing this embarrassment to continue until the end of the season. I will never give up on my team, but I gave up on its coach over a year ago. I don't care what our final record is after the season, as long as the end result is a different HC and attitude for this team. For any of you who are frustrated and consumed by anger (like I was a week ago) take a deep breath... come to terms with the fact that we will take another beating this week in NY and as I predicted .....

JAURON WILL BE GONE!!!! :wallbash:

I think we go 14-0 the rest of the way. Win the Super Bowl. Dick retires immediately after the Super Bowl but Ralph pays him the rest of the contract out of gratitude.

As a final act before leaving the city for good, Dick takes out a bill board on the 190 that says -- Shove the Lombardi Trophy up your ass Buffalo.......

On February 14th -- TO is named player coach. Pablo is Special Teams Coach, Mo is Offensive Coordinator, Kita will run the defense. Upgrading the talent on the Jills becomes the immediate priority.

But whom am I to predict?

Ralph will keep DJ until the end of the year and if his record is below 7-9 let him go and feel sincerely like he is doing us a HUGE, HUGE favor by eating the last two years of the contract. If memory serves me correct this will be the first time RW has ever eaten 2 years of a coach's contract in our history. I think Bullough at most got a half or one and a half years of salary when he was dumped. Plus his salary was much, much lower, even in today's dollars.

We are 2 games from the division leaders and almost beat one of them.

With 11 games to go, until the Bills are mathematically, or embarrassingly

out of it, DJ stays.

Personally, the sooner the better for me.

This has to be precisely what Ralph is thinking.

This has to be precisely what Ralph is thinking.

I think Ralph is thinking the same thing George Steinbrenner is thinking ... "look at all the pretty leaves ... what time is the new episode of Bonanza on tonight? ..."

I stated in the offseason that I thought DJ would be gone after 6 games, and after we get embarassed by the Jets on Sun. I believe that Ralph will pull the trigger. I will admit however, that my choice for interim HC (April) doesn't exactly instill confidence in us this year based on his (not so special teams). In fairness, I think if you look at his entire body of work you could certainly argue that he would be an upgrade over Jauron. I don't know about you guys and gals, but my

hope for this team is to see someone else patrolling the sidelines next Sunday, whoever it might be. I just can't envision Ralph allowing this embarrassment to continue until the end of the season. I will never give up on my team, but I gave up on its coach over a year ago. I don't care what our final record is after the season, as long as the end result is a different HC and attitude for this team. For any of you who are frustrated and consumed by anger (like I was a week ago) take a deep breath... come to terms with the fact that we will take another beating this week in NY and as I predicted .....

JAURON WILL BE GONE!!!! :wallbash:

Not to burst your bubble but some NFL analysts have stated that no assistant coach deserves to be promoted as interim,and I agree with them.

Bobby April and his special Olympic teams have caused two loses so far, so how does this man show that he deserves a promotion?

"IF" Ralph Wilson does in fact fire Jauron this season, it would most likely be at the bye week or at the end of the season.

Wilson will need to get a big name to replace Jauron to sell season tickets next year as most fans are suffering from buyers remorse this season.

Marty Schottenheimer, currently retired gets my vote after all he is only 66, almost young compared to, 78 for Ted Marchibroda, Marv Levy 84, Dick Vermeil at 72.

Wilson will need to get a big name to replace Jauron to sell season tickets next year as most fans are suffering from buyers remorse this season.

This quote says it all. Ralph Wilson only makes changes when he fears the tickets won't be sold. His changes have never once been about bringing a championship to Orchard Park. His changes have only been about lining his pockets. Period.

Not to burst your bubble but some NFL analysts have stated that no assistant coach deserves to be promoted as interim,and I agree with them.

I really don't care what "NFL analysts" think. It really doesn't matter. Dick has totally screwed this thing up and doesn't deserve the job anymore. He blew it with Oline. He blew it by not having a competent OC on staff. He blows by leaving Trent in to languish. He's got 2 great RBs and 2 great WRs and can only must 13 points in the last 3 games. It's pathetic. Period. Run him out of town. We're going to suck with him, we may as well suck without him and not have deal with him anymore. We can start to move on instead of waiting until the offseason which is a long ways off.

I think what bothers me more than anything is the total lack of emotion. How the team walked off the field after the last two losses was disguisting. I have been a fan long enough and seen some terrible terrible teams, but the total lack of any spark is what should bother people, like they are content with losing, that alone is cause for change in my humble opinion

We are 2 games from the division leaders and almost beat one of them.

With 11 games to go, until the Bills are mathematically, or embarrassingly

out of it, DJ stays.

Personally, the sooner the better for me.

The Bills lost both divisional games. Lost. "Almost" doesn't count.

And....in all likelihood, the Bills will be 0-3 in the division and 1-5 overall after Sunday, regardless of whether they "almost" beat the Jets or get whomped.

I really don't care what "NFL analysts" think. It really doesn't matter. Dick has totally screwed this thing up and doesn't deserve the job anymore. He blew it with Oline. He blew it by not having a competent OC on staff. He blows by leaving Trent in to languish. He's got 2 great RBs and 2 great WRs and can only must 13 points in the last 3 games. It's pathetic. Period. Run him out of town. We're going to suck with him, we may as well suck without him and not have deal with him anymore. We can start to move on instead of waiting until the offseason which is a long ways off.

I agree that Jauron NEEDS to be fired, I'll celebrate when he does get the axe. My point was that Bobby April is sucking big time this year and his special teams stink, and cost them the game against the Patriots and Browns.

I'm hoping for a win. But if that doesn't happen, or maybe if it does, I hope you're right.

I understand that the impulse is always to hope for wins. But wins, right now, are exactly what we don't need. There's no way the 2009 Bills are going to the playoffs. None. So the only thing a win provides is an excuse to Ralph to stick with Jauron for yet another season, and thereby get out of eating some of that contract. Oh, and a win hurts us in the draft.

One year, the Bills and the Panthers were two of the worst teams in the league. They played each other, and the Bills won! :thumbdown: Because of that accursed win, the Bills picked fourth overall. The Panthers picked second. The Panthers used their pick on Julius Peppers. Two spots later, the Bills chose Mike Williams.

I realize that's an extreme example, and that winning won't always hurt you as much as it might imply. But it can! For example, Peyton Manning was chosen first overall in the draft. The second player taken that year? Ryan Leaf!

I'd like nothing better than to see this team go 1-15. ;) 1-15 gets us a new head coach, a new offensive and defensive scheme, and probably the first overall pick in the draft. Another 7-9 season might not get us any of those things. Other than affecting the morale of a bunch of players who (in many cases) need to be replaced anyway, what long-term advantage does 7-9 have over 1-15?

We have an Asst Head Coach ST's guy in April who could take over the team.....

What people fail to understand is it really doens't matter who is the coach.....we are a top 5 pick team this year....BUT....you know DJ is gone.....April probably doesn't get retained.....we have top draft selections and are a cap friendly team......

THEN we go out and rebiuld the front office and coaching staff in the offseason......

If I am going to have to sit and watch this team lose....I would rather have someone besides DJ doing the HC press conferences.

I understand that the impulse is always to hope for wins. But wins, right now, are exactly what we don't need. There's no way the 2009 Bills are going to the playoffs. None. So the only thing a win provides is an excuse to Ralph to stick with Jauron for yet another season, and thereby get out of eating some of that contract. Oh, and a win hurts us in the draft.

One year, the Bills and the Panthers were two of the worst teams in the league. They played each other, and the Bills won! :thumbdown: Because of that accursed win, the Bills picked fourth overall. The Panthers picked second. The Panthers used their pick on Julius Peppers. Two spots later, the Bills chose Mike Williams.

I realize that's an extreme example, and that winning won't always hurt you as much as it might imply. But it can! For example, Peyton Manning was chosen first overall in the draft. The second player taken that year? Ryan Leaf!

I'd like nothing better than to see this team go 1-15. ;) 1-15 gets us a new head coach, a new offensive and defensive scheme, and probably the first overall pick in the draft. Another 7-9 season might not get us any of those things. Other than affecting the morale of a bunch of players who (in many cases) need to be replaced anyway, what long-term advantage does 7-9 have over 1-15?

This

1-15 just might be enough to wake up the old man to make a move, I'm hoping it happens at the by week though.

The Bills lost both divisional games. Lost. "Almost" doesn't count.

And....in all likelihood, the Bills will be 0-3 in the division and 1-5 overall after Sunday, regardless of whether they "almost" beat the Jets or get whomped.

Correct.

My point is the Bills, right know, are only 2 games out of the division lead with

11 games left. Even if (when) they lose Sunday, they still have 10 games left

in the season. Ralph sees this and won't pull the trigger until the math says

we don't have a chance.

Do I think we have a chance? No way. But until there is no hope, Ralph ain't

going to pull the trigger, too much $$$$ involved.

One year, the Bills and the Panthers were two of the worst teams in the league. They played each other, and the Bills won! ;) Because of that accursed win, the Bills picked fourth overall. The Panthers picked second. The Panthers used their pick on Julius Peppers. Two spots later, the Bills chose Mike Williams.

I'd like nothing better than to see this team go 1-15. :worthy: 1-15 gets us a new head coach, a new offensive and defensive scheme, and probably the first overall pick in the draft. Another 7-9 season might not get us any of those things. Other than affecting the morale of a bunch of players who (in many cases) need to be replaced anyway, what long-term advantage does 7-9 have over 1-15?

Your right - almost. Its rational but Ralph is nothing but. We would have taken M. Williams 2nd and left Peppers. :thumbdown:

You people seriously think Ralph is sitting there right now and not ready to can DJ? The problem right now is the timing, anyone who takes over has less then 7 days to take over and prepare a team for the next week. The earliest anything will happen is at the Bye Week, and a co-ordinator like April will take over for atleast the rest of the season.

Ralph might be old, but unlike most here, he isn't stupid, or borderline senile/retarded. He knows the fans are unhappy (btw, he doesn't need a billboard to let him know it) and a change will be coming. The problem is it won't be at the time the fans want it. If the move doesn't come at the Bye week its cause theres no coach/co-ordinator on the roster that will be an improvement, so why get rid of someone and have to keep paying them, while upping the pay of a co-ordinator that won't make them any better?

I can also guarantee that if the move doesn't come during the Bye, that the Bills will not promote someone from the current staff and will look outside the organisation for a new coach. Fans won't be happy cause it won't be Cowher, or one of the other "Superstar" coach that everyone thinks the Bills just have to walk up to and offer the job with alot of money and they will take it.

Correct.

My point is the Bills, right know, are only 2 games out of the division lead with

we don't have a chance.

And I'm right with Ralph on this. Don't ever give up on a season till hope is mathematically eliminated.

Go back and look through our recent history and you'll see that seasons with major turnaround in them are more common than those without. And before those turnarounds, the fans thought that they knew what was happening and how the season would end.

Last year's season turned down. 2006 turned up. It happens, even when you don't expect it. Hell, that's what a turnaround is.

It ain't over till it's over. And it ain't over.

Correct.

we don't have a chance.

I agree with your last sentence, "Too much $$$$ involved". Specifically, why would Ralph fire Jauron before the end of the season? Is a new coach, interim or not, going to make any real difference with all the problems this team has? If not, why send Jauron packing and continue to pay him? That's not Ralph's style and in all likelihood, it's not get this team more wins this season. The fans are tired of losing and don't really care if the HC is Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, April, May or June.

No one knows what Ralph is thinking, but past history seems to indicate that Ralph will wait until the end of the season to make a move.

Speaking for myself, I hope that Ralph is putting the wheels in motion for a new HC now and has things in place for the end of the season. That's assuming the Bills don't pull off a miracle and turn things around.

And I'm right with Ralph on this. Don't ever give up on a season till hope is mathematically eliminated.

Go back and look through our recent history and you'll see that seasons with major turnaround in them are more common than those without. And before those turnarounds, the fans thought that they knew what was happening and how the season would end.

Last year's season turned down. 2006 turned up. It happens, even when you don't expect it. Hell, that's what a turnaround is.

True enough. But it would be prudent on Ralph's part to put the wheels in motion for a new HC now, rather than wait until mathematics seals the deal. It may be too late to get who he wants by then.

The Bills will be out of the playoffs soon enough, but somehow the Bills will win the last two games of the season, against 2nd and 3rd teamers and Ralph will see this as a step in the right direction and decide to keep DJ for the remainder of his contract. This would just be our (as Bills fans) luck.

The Bills will be out of the playoffs soon enough, but somehow the Bills will win the last two games of the season, against 2nd and 3rd teamers and Ralph will see this as a step in the right direction and decide to keep DJ for the remainder of his contract. This would just be our (as Bills fans) luck.

Doubtful, as season ticket holders are currently suffering from buyers remorse. The front office fooled so many this year with the TO move and EVERYONE suddenly wanted tickets. Wilson would have to trade for Payton Manning or Tom Brady to fool everyone again next year.

The offensive coordinator came out and stated the team lacked a a big time threat opposite Lee Evans, and it did. But our lovable moronic head coach then dismantled the O line and the front office traded away the only pro bowl lineman, thereby destroying the tackle position. You would think that when you trade away a top player that the team would have looked to the draft to replace Peters. Every team in the top 6 wanted to trade outta their spots, but the Bills didn't want to replace Jason Peters with another high priced player.

Jason Peters must go home every day and thank the lord he is outta the hell hole that is the current Bills team.

Doubtful, as season ticket holders are currently suffering from buyers remorse. The front office fooled so many this year with the TO move and EVERYONE suddenly wanted tickets. Wilson would have to trade for Payton Manning or Tom Brady to fool everyone again next year.

The offensive coordinator came out and stated the team lacked a a big time threat opposite Lee Evans, and it did. But our lovable moronic head coach then dismantled the O line and the front office traded away the only pro bowl lineman, thereby destroying the tackle position. You would think that when you trade away a top player that the team would have looked to the draft to replace Peters. Every team in the top 6 wanted to trade outta their spots, but the Bills didn't want to replace Jason Peters with another high priced player.

Jason Peters must go home every day and thank the lord he is outta the hell hole that is the current Bills team.

Gotta tell you folks, I've never been so happy about being so wrong. I'm anxious to see what Fitz can do taking all the snaps and starting this week against the Panthers! I still don't think that Jauron is the right coach for this team but I'm excited for this Sunday, and to be honest I didn't think I would be at this point.

GO BILLS! :bag:

Yeah, you know, Carolina looks like another team that could totally **** the bed and give us a zillion chances to win, despite ourselves. Awesome. We can climb our way right out of contention for a decent draft pick (without trading for it), and still miss the playoffs. Or hey, maybe nine more QBs we are slated to play can pull a Sanchez and we can barely pull out a victory in all of those games, get into the playoffs, and get beat 77-2 in the Wild Card game. Life is !@#$in' SAWEEEET!