Perry Fewell - Head Coach of the Bills???

tjprime

Okay, not saying this is going to happen, heck after Wilson's comments I think we're all stuck with Jauron and crew the rest of the season regardless of how bad it gets. But at lunch today a friend and I were talking and he was questioning why everyone thinks April will get the HC job IF Jauron gets the hook. Wanted to argue the point of a similar background to Mike Tomlin. Granted he made a mistake (confused Fewell with Grey interviewing for the HC spot when Mularkey left) but he brings up a valid point. For the record, neither of us have a thing to do with the Bills, this is just more of the same fans thinking out loud. Anyway here's the premise

1)Jauron gets the hook, probably bye week after a terrible home crowd at the Houston game.

2)Ralph interviews the 3 remaining coordinators to see who he'll promote to interm HC, possibly in an attempt to circumvent the Rooney Rule if he has spoken to another candidate

3)Decides Fewell is the best option and promotes him to interim HC, Bob Sanders to DC (a position He had in Green Bay) and bring in a new D-line coach

The question I have is does anyone know how many years left do any of the coaches have on their contracts. If Fewell ( or for that matter April) are in the last year of a contract. Anyway, thought I'd put this out there and see what thoughts are.

The question I have is does anyone know how many years left do any of the coaches have on their contracts. If Fewell ( or for that matter April) are in the last year of a contract. Anyway, thought I'd put this out there and see what thoughts are.

It wouldn't matter how many years Fewell has on his contract. When the season ends, he would have to be interviewed along with other coaches for the job.

Also, why would you want the guy who is an advocate for soft, weak players, and soft/weak formations to be our head coach? Wouldn't you think the team would just continue its downward spiral? Honestly, as much as our defense has kept us in some games, almost always the opposing offensive coordinator figures out our pathetic zone coverage by the fourth quarter and exploits them. Fewell is a joke.

It wouldn't matter how many years Fewell has on his contract. When the season ends, he would have to be interviewed along with other coaches for the job.

Also, why would you want the guy who is an advocate for soft, weak players, and soft/weak formations to be our head coach? Wouldn't you think the team would just continue its downward spiral? Honestly, as much as our defense has kept us in some games, almost always the opposing offensive coordinator figures out our pathetic zone coverage by the fourth quarter and exploits them. Fewell is a joke.

Actually, if he was good enough would Ralph be able to just keep him there and not interview? Remember, the Rooney Rule is so minority candidates get interviewed, so Ralph already beat them to the punch by hiring a minority, unlike the Rams/Haslett situation a few years back.

But I agree with an earlier poster, we need a whole new staff with an angry intent that puts a team on the field that plays to win, isn't afraid of losing and puts points on the board in multiples of 7

Actually, if he was good enough would Ralph be able to just keep him there and not interview? Remember, the Rooney Rule is so minority candidates get interviewed, so Ralph already beat them to the punch by hiring a minority, unlike the Rams/Haslett situation a few years back.

But I agree with an earlier poster, we need a whole new staff with an angry intent that puts a team on the field that plays to win, isn't afraid of losing and puts points on the board in multiples of 7

That's not how the process works though. That would be reverse racism then. He needs to go back into the interview process so all minorities are properly evaluated. If you hire an interim coach, black or white, they still need to be placed back into a "properly" vetted system.

The only way this franchise is righted is if We clean house all across the board. Now I am ok with Brandon staying as the marketing guy, but that is it.

I fire Guy, Modrak, ALL Scouts, the Strength and Conditioning coaches, ALL coaches minus April. Ralph would then need to just hand over operations to a real GM and get out of the way.

The only way this franchise is righted is if We clean house all across the board. Now I am ok with Brandon staying as the marketing guy, but that is it.

I fire Guy, Modrak, ALL Scouts,

except Buddy Nix...he was a key member of the scouting department in the 90s and just came back to town this year

I agree- our corners are secretly like Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson, while Roscoe Parrish is a combination of Wes Welker and a sumo wrestler.

Our front office isn't very good and our talent level is well below average.

I'd rather be coached by a bucket of Perrys Ice Cream.

This is from the Bills website, Fewell talking about why they arent playing Maybin.

"...We haven’t been able to use his talents like we would have anticipated, with all the passing and rushing and doing that type thing."

SERIOUSLY?

B.

The biggest problem is, if they fire Jauron during the season, there is not one qualified person on the Bills staff to be named interim coach. April probably had a chance before his STs blew 2 games for us. So, either Ralph names one of the current stooges interim coach, or he just keeps the head stooge until the end of the season. At this point, the season is over, with or without Dick Jauron. Good news is after the season, they can choose from one of the richest pools of available coaches & hot coordinators that there might ever be.

Great, then we could have our WRs line up 8 yards off the line of scrimmage as well.

Like all fans, I have always gone crazy seeing the cushions our DBs give opposing receivers, but that isn't all on Perry Fewell. While there are obviously plays that require our DBs to play off, most of the time it is up to them when they are in man.

Here was Perry's take on Leodis...

“We didn't draft him to give 10 to 15-yard cushions,” Fewell said, recalling what he told the former No. 11 selection. “We drafted him so he can get up in their grill and be able to stay with a receiver.”

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/buffalobills..._239215226.html

That's not how the process works though. That would be reverse racism then. He needs to go back into the interview process so all minorities are properly evaluated. If you hire an interim coach, black or white, they still need to be placed back into a "properly" vetted system.

That's completely wrong.

The current coach of the 49ers was an interim coach, and then the "interim" was dropped and there was no "properly vetted system" (whatever the hell that meaningless phrase means anyway).

God knows that I hope EVERYONE is let go minus April and Sanders on this coaching staff. April's Special Teams achievements speak for themselves and we've seen what Sanders has been able to get out of a mediocre DL. The rest of them? Do not pass go, do not collect your $200, go directly to the unemployment line. :P