Some might not agree but....I dont think it is too early

Given what just happened on the football field......the impending doom of DJ.....the look on the players faces.......this team might be lucky to win another game this year.

I think picking in the top 5 of next years draft is a real possibility.......so...who are your picks folks? Keep the pick or trade down and try to pick up more? What position?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, its not too early.

I think they have to start looking for another QB, as bad as I hate to say it. I'd probably pick Sam Bradford. Barring that, I think its well past time to kick the 4-3 to the curb, so if not QB, I start looking for 3-4 defensive linemen with that pick.

Why should you get your hopes up. They'll most likely take a small player who won't make the team much better. Rookies, as we know, don't impact teams in their first year.

Besides, Russ Brandon the ticket seller is running the team. Well, except for being able to make the adult decisions RW makes.

Probably a mistake without finding 2 tackles first. I'd rather see them get a proven veteran QB (though who would sign here) and use that first pick on a real LT (assuming one is available).

They need both. I'd go QB because I think the league is totally QB-driven, but I'd understand tackle.

if you think ralph is going to pay a top 5 pick then you are dreaming... the obvious move is to trade down and miss out on a possible franchise QB so you dont have to pay them the money. We will get the generic line of "we have many holes to fill". Which is true, but not for the right reasons, i.e paying top money.

They need both. I'd go QB because I think the league is totally QB-driven, but I'd understand tackle.

I'm just not ready to ruin another one. Any QB we pick with the current configuration is going to end up being David Carr/Losman/Alex Smith. And with Ralph's cheapness there's no way we leave the kid on the sidelines.

There was a McCargo sighting yesterday, which was wicked awesome given the fact that Mangold is basically a pro-bowler in NY now.

I hate this team.

Probably a mistake without finding 2 tackles first. I'd rather see them get a proven veteran QB (though who would sign here) and use that first pick on a real LT (assuming one is available).
Completely agree, fix the o-line (the best we can) through the draft, and find a veteran QB who can take us through a couple years of line maturity or gelling with some kind of respectability. Status quo is embarassing

Completely agree, fix the o-line (the best we can) through the draft, and find a veteran QB who can take us through a couple years of line maturity or gelling with some kind of respectability. Status quo is embarassing

If you're going to actually fix the O-line, you may as well keep Edwards. He can be competent behind a decent line, and you're not going to find any vet who's actually good on the FA market.

Oh please god, let it be Sam Bradford. This offense needs someone who is not afraid to sling to ball downfield. :w00t:

I don't have an answer for who to draft right now, but I hope it's not Bradford. Bradford is another QB that is too small and will stay injured. McCoy maybe, not Bradford.

If you're going to actually fix the O-line, you may as well keep Edwards. He can be competent behind a decent line, and you're not going to find any vet who's actually good on the FA market.

I also agree with this. I still think Edwards is a capable, quality QB. Fix the line, see what happens. If he doesn't perform, find a QB.

It is downright pathetic we are talking draft more than 6 months out. And while we're talking off-season, can't see them doing much in UFA, aside from signing the Geoff Hangartner's of the league.

I love draft time as much as any real fan, but the thought of a front office consisting of Guy, Modrak, and the clueless (on personnel) Russ Brandon deflates whatever hope I had for building a winner.

Jimmy Clausen.

This.

ND's game this week against USC will give draft prognosticators a lot to chew on. If Clausen plays well this week, his quiet ascension to the top of draft boards will be more justified and he may consider foregoing his senior year to capitalize on the $$$ a top 5-10 draft pick will command.

Another thing to consider is if the Bills decide to blow the whole thing up, FO and coaching staff, and we bring in a new regime that has a top 5 pick to build a franchise around, it'll be interesting to see if they take the Bill Parcells route and draft a LT, or if they go QB.

I hope they go QB. First year coaches Mike Smith and John Harbaugh drafted their guy and tailored them to their system and they have been successful in doing so. Hopefully, whoever is HC, they can get a guy, either a rookie or a veteran, that can play well in the system.