Schefter on ESPN

Kevin

Adam Schefter just said that the Bills have no options for interim HC. He mentioned Bobby April, and Perry Fewel, but said that ST has struggled against the Browns, and that Jauron has "extensive defensive knowledge" therefore making Fewel a moot point. He said that Ralph has no other option but to wait and be patient.

Looks like a new HC at seasons end though.

:censored:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Schefter just said that the Bills have no options for interim HC. He mentioned Bobby April, and Perry Fewel, but said that ST has struggled against the Browns, and that Jauron has "extensive defensive knowledge" therefore making Fewel a mute point. He said that Ralph has no other option but to wait and be patient.

what the hell is a mute point? :lol:

sounds about right... you can have an interim head coach, but at the moment it almost seems like shuffling deck chairs. the whole thing needs to be destroyed and start over from scratch.

Let them coach themselves and draw up plays in the dirt in the huddle. Can the result be worse than 3 points against the Browns and 9 false starts?

"Are you telling me that you men finished the season on your own?

"That's a fact, Jack!!"

Adam Schefter just said that the Bills have no options for interim HC. He mentioned Bobby April, and Perry Fewel, but said that ST has struggled against the Browns, and that Jauron has "extensive defensive knowledge" therefore making Fewel a mute point. He said that Ralph has no other option but to wait and be patient.

I want Jauron gone as much as anyone but his points are valid - Not a Marv Levy situation as we are likely to get a new GM also. Ralph threw this season away when he did not take action at the end of last year. Keeping Jauron, trading Peters (allowing the situation to get away from them such that there was no choice but to trade him) and not signing a true QB to come in and compete for the starting role doomed this team. The Buffalo Bills are now a joke of a franchise when it comes to football (I'd argue form a business perspective they have done pretty well.)

The best we can hope for next season is a good draft spot, a good GM and a good HC.

there is an option. And this option needs to be done. Wipe out that joke of a front office and install Holmgren (or equivelent) ASAP. The rest of the season can still be valuable time to evaluate and restructure.

yes!!!!

Let them coach themselves and draw up plays in the dirt in the huddle. Can the result be worse than 3 points against the Browns and 9 false starts?

"That's a fact, Jack!!"

after the season, blow everything up... the owner won't have the stomach for the kind of enema the organization needs, which is unfortunate, but understandable at his age.

Fewell's defense has gotten shredded over and over. The fact that they held Cleveland to 2 FG's is nothing to brag about. Fewell as HC makes no sense whatsoever. Either does April at this point. There's really not much to save regarding the coaching staff. AVP is OC only because Snert got himself fired, not because AVP earned it.

Ralph is almost certainly going to wait it out to the end of the season. He dislikes paying fired employees. He will still have to eat 2 years on Jauron's contract if he fires him at the end of the season. In fact, it wouldn't shock me terribly if Ralph brought Jauron back next year.

Hell, why not keep Jauron till the end of the season and let him finish nailing his own head-coaching coffin shut?

I want Jauron gone as much as anyone but his points are valid - Not a Marv Levy situation as we are likely to get a new GM also. Ralph threw this season away when he did not take action at the end of last year. Keeping Jauron, trading Peters (allowing the situation to get away from them such that there was no choice but to trade him) and not signing a true QB to come in and compete for the starting role doomed this team. The Buffalo Bills are now a joke of a franchise when it comes to football (I'd argue form a business perspective they have done pretty well.)

The best we can hope for next season is a good draft spot, a good GM and a good HC.

This is also a way for Ralph to humiliate Jauron. Ralph knows he can't pull the old fire the coordinator routine and recoup any of Jauron's money. So the only thing left to do is keep Jauron and have the fans boo him during the remaining 4 home games. Meanwhile, Ralph the weasel is afraid to show his face on the field and take any responsibility for this mess.

sounds about right... you can have an interim head coach, but at the moment it almost seems like shuffling deck chairs. the whole thing needs to be destroyed and start over from scratch.

I agree. Firing Jauron would help, yet at this point in the season, it's not going to solve all the Bills' problems.

I don't know what's worse: DJ being here still, or the paper-thin roster. Neither helps the other, and both get worse each week.

Maybe they find DJ attractive enough to keep around because he doesn't complain how bad the talent is on this roster. Late round draft picks, UDFA's, street free agents, with a sprinkling of high priced players is what it amount to now.

I don't (edit: think )we know how bad it is. After four off-seasons of rebuilding, they've got a roster that's worse than what was left from TD in 2005.

"That's a fact, Jack!!"

Finish the season with no big toe?

I agree. Firing Jauron would help, yet at this point in the season, it's not going to solve all the Bills' problems.

This season is already another lost cause. Jauron will finish out the season because as Schefter says, there is no better interim candidate. As Lee Evans says, firing the coach won't solve anything. We know Jauron sucks, but the problem is way deper than the head coach. the flames started about 16 years ago and the fuel was added to the fire about eight years ago. We have not recovered since.