Schefter on ESPN

Kevin

If thats the case, then Ralph has to come out and say this is Jaurons last year as HC and will be replaced once the season is over......give us fans something to look forward to. I mean let us fans know Jauron will finish the season but will not be retained......I think id be fine with that.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And a good draft i.e. talent taken at the correct positions and place in the draft. No frickin reaches and no stinkin' safeties.

Impossible at this point...no football people calling the shots except Modrak and he might be semi-retired. He only stayed on so far because Wilson asked him to.

The Buffalo Bills are a ruderless ship until a true football General Manager is brought in. Wilson got burned bad by the Tom Donahoe fiasco, so I doubt he ever again reliquishes as much power to another GM but the run things by committiee has to be scraped or no GM worth his football "salt" will come here.

What about hiring a new coach/GM such as Holmgren or Shanahan and make them GM for this year with the intension of taking over the coaching duties next year? Yeah DJ would probably resign, knowing he's a lame duck coach, but isn't that the intension anyways? Yeah I'm grasping at straws, but one can hope.

So when DJ gets fired, Cameron will be promoted? :(

Trouble is, Cameron is an excellent, veteran coach who has a lot of contacts with other successful coaches and thus had other offers with better organizations where he his chances of being successful were maximized.

I think you grossly overvalue the "perk" of being allowed to perform a circling, holding pattern as the OC for a dysfunctional franchise so you can be tabbed to muck out the stalls for a handful of games when the head chicken finally gets the guillotine.

Seriously though, what team is going to want to rent T.O. for the rest of the year? He's pretty worthless unless a desperate team is obliterated at WR like the Seahawks were last year.

Jets picked up Edwards 3 days ago and he has looked great for them tonight.

Jets picked up Edwards 3 days ago and he has looked great for them tonight.

I wasn't clear there. I meant, most every team in the NFL had 0 interest in him when the Cowboys cut him. He was a pariah this past off-season. What's changed? Nothing. Other than Bills fans think all that baggage disappeared because he signed with Buffalo. What team is really going to give up something for Owens and take on the Bills contract?

Bring in a big name GM/Coach to take over as VP Football Ops. Have him educate the Bills players that it's play well or get a job in the food service industry. No other team will take on a loser player from the worst team. Have the GM/Coach take over in 2010 as the head coach. Make sure he's a no s**t disciplinarian who has a pulse on gameday. Jauron may as well be a cardboard cutout on the sidelines. We've all discussed GM/Coaches we'd like to see. Let him hire a new scouting regimen.

I just wonder if RW has the balls left to do it.

Adam Schefter just said that the Bills have no options for interim HC. He mentioned Bobby April, and Perry Fewel, but said that ST has struggled against the Browns, and that Jauron has "extensive defensive knowledge" therefore making Fewel a moot point. He said that Ralph has no other option but to wait and be patient.

Looks like a new HC at seasons end though.

:(

No suprise there, as a billion dollar business why would you have a back up or succession plan in the event the primary option falls apart. We are a joke!!

If thats the case, then Ralph has to come out and say this is Jaurons last year as HC and will be replaced once the season is over......give us fans something to look forward to. I mean let us fans know Jauron will finish the season but will not be retained......I think id be fine with that.

Sorry dude, but you're just not that important. :(

I mean that in the nicest way possible, though...

:

This season is already another lost cause. Jauron will finish out the season because as Schefter says, there is no better interim candidate. As Lee Evans says, firing the coach won't solve anything. We know Jauron sucks, but the problem is way deper than the head coach. the flames started about 16 years ago and the fuel was added to the fire about eight years ago. We have not recovered since.

:(:censored: this is how i feel about the whole season

It's possible. Perhaps the defenses "success" has been an aberration. It's just difficult for me to call them a problem when we haven't produced any offense to help them out. We played some good offenses and some bad. Time will tell I guess. Would be nice to see the offense produce points though to make it a fair assessment.

When we played the Patriots, it looked like they stopped themselves a lot more often than we stopped them. Patriots' receivers dropped passes they'd normally catch. Tom Brady missed throws he'd normally make. Stuff like that.

Then, at some point in the fourth quarter, the Patriots' offense got its act together. They stopped shooting themselves in the foot. At that point, that offense looked like an unstoppable juggernaut against our defense. You knew that, from that point on, every time the Patriots touched the ball, it would be a touchdown.

As the other poster said, our defense is a plum waiting to be picked.

yeah, he is doing us KNOW good...... :(

As long as I KNOW he is going to be gone after this year I am willing to wait. But folks....brace yourselves.

We will have a top 5 pick this year.

One thing I would do tomorrow is trade Terrel Owens....he isnt going to stay and he is doing us know good. If we can get a pick for him lets do it.

As much as I want Jauron and company gone, that is my primary concern. There's absolutely no way anyone currently on the staff is head coach material. So, what happens if you fire Jauron, give April or Fewell the interim job and then we win 3 of the last 5 or something stupid like that?

Bingo.

What this team needs is a management overhaul to run the housecleaning. When Wayne Huizenga got fed up with mediocrity (Dave Wannstedt, Cam Cameron and his 1-15) he brought in Parcells and aced out Blank in Atlanta in the process. When Hunt (Lamar's son) got fed up in KC he brought in Scott Paoli. Those owners recognized they need real professionals to compete.

Once -- ONCE -- in Bills history, Ralph thought it was time to bring in an outsider with a strong resume to retool the whole organization. That was Tom Donahoe. (Hard to remember, but at the time Bills fans thought it was a great move.)

I worry that Ralph felt so burned by the Donahoe experience that he'll never bring in a legitimate football man.

Ralph brought in Donahoe to improve the bottom line, period. He accomplished that. Ralph doesn't care if they win, he cares that the team is profitable. Bringing in an expensive GM who will want Ralph to increase spending on players and coaches is the last thing he wants. He loves that Brandon scored a merchandising/ticket sales coup with TO, that he helped secure relocating home games to Toronto for mega-bucks, and kept payroll costs at an absolute minimum.

Ralph could not be happier right now.