Jauron not getting fired: regular Monday 12:30pm press conference

damj

If a coach can keep his job after the last two games, Jauron could rape, pilage and burn down all of Orchard Park and still be named employee of the month. He is bullteproof.

PTR

If he showed up at my place...well, I'd have to kick his ass. Russell Brandon could provide color commentary that THIS had become the lowest point...and Trentette could say she will review film of the fight.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes sense though... do you put in a new guy, have him get killed against the Jets and have the fan-base have no confidence in the new guy or do you let Dick get beat up one more time?

If Dick isn't fired by the bye I'm done with the team entirely. I've spent too much of my time and money for a team that doesn't care with the exception of a few players.

Guest dog14787
I would suggest season ticket holders get on the phone right now and demand a refund!!!.

Its going to take drastic measures and ticket holders are the only ones with enough leverage to get rid of the SOB.

Call, demand a refund and spread the word.

We will be okay against the Jets next week in NY New Jersey. The offense will step up with a no huddle, ball control scheme to keep our depleted defense off the field. Corto, Harris and Palmer will step up and play like vets. Ellison in the middle will handle the big guards without too much difficulty. And our special teams will step up as they are the best in the league and will win the game for us. ...uh hang I need to get a match, on my joint just went out.....

fixed

(as we all know, there is only one NFL team that plays their home games in the State of New York)

I said last week it made no sense from a business standpoint to fire him now. Just about all the ticket and ad revenue that can be sold...have been sold for 2009.

The new coach hire for 2010 will be the big offseason splash to help ramp up ticket and ad sales for next season (much like the TO signing re-invigorated fans for 2009).

Sure, they can hire an interim coach but with the injuries and lack of experience on the O-line, this season isn't going to get much better. It will just make the fans feel better. I'm all for an interim coach just so we can get someone in here that's not married to Trent Edwards. I'd love to see a QB carousel for a few weeks since Trent is a big part of the problem.

Face it, we're hostages to our own loyalty. They've already made their money off the ticket sales for this year, so whether you show or not doesn't change the finances except for concessions and parking. And if there's a drop off in future years, they'll threaten to move the team. So we either continue to support a mediocre organization, or they'll leave for greener pastures. So we're screwed either way.

Guest dog14787
Its going to take drastic measures and ticket holders are the only ones with enough leverage to get rid of the SOB.

Call, demand a refund and spread the word.

and contact the commissioner, bomard his office with calls, letters, emails tell him you want a refund.

Season ticket holders, you can get it done, its the only way.

Hit them were it hurts$$$$$$

and contact the commissioner, bomard his office with calls, letters, emails tell him you want a refund.

Season ticket holders, you can get it done, its the only way.

Hit them were it hurts$$$$$$

Sorry, your wasting valuable bandwidth. I mean what are you gonna say? "I want a refund because my team stinks"? That has been going on in professional sports for years and years. Nothing different in Buffalo except it stings more to us since this is our team.

Not renewing season tix for 2010 is making much more of a statement.

Guest dog14787
Sorry, your wasting valuable bandwidth. I mean what are you gonna say? "I want a refund because my team stinks"? That has been going on in professional sports for years and years. Nothing different in Buffalo except it stings more to us since this is our team.

Not renewing season tix for 2010 is making much more of a statement.

I think the commissioner might have a sympathetic ear. Its been a decade of losing football and we are selling out the stadium.

To me its bad for the game. :thumbsup:

and at what point are you the fan getting ripped off?

What is an owner capable of getting away with? Or a coach for that matter ,and shouldn't all contracts have a performance clause with set requirements however minimal they may be.

If the owner doesn't care, the GM doesn't care, the coach doesn't care, and the players don't care, is it really that hard to imagine the fans don't care anymore, either?

Just like the Oakland Raiders, the Bills problem is at the top. I listened to Ralph Wilson's HOF speech and he talked about the early days and his efforts to make the AFL-NFL merger happen. That was the last time he accomplished anything in the NFL. It was Bill Polian and John Butler who were the architects of the Bills glory days. Ralph was just along for the ride.

Since then, Ralph ran Polian out of town, followed by Butler. He hired Tom Donahoe after listening to the "braintrust" at ESPN who convinced him that Donahoe was a genius. He has hired Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey and Dick Jauron, three horrible hires. He has no front office because he is too cheap to invest in any talent there.

If Ralph Wilson can't guarantee that the Bills will stay in Buffalo after he passes, he may as well move them now. He is not doing Buffalo any favors, he is only delaying the inevitable. Ralph, sell the team to someone who gives a damn instead of allowing the Bills to die along with you.

Like most Bills fans, I am so sick of this Sh!+. GO SABRES!!!

There's an NFL team that plays its home games in NY State?

News to me.

Shame on you, Joe - we're you ashamed of the 1964 & 1965 league champions? Were you ashamed when the BIlls won 4 consecutive conference titles - an unprecedented feat that will likely NEVER be repeated by any team (save for mayb e Da Billsss)?

Everything is cyclical Joe - we will have our 'day in the sun' soon enough. For now, the BIlls a fulfilling a vital function - without losers, there can be no winners :thumbsup:

I think the commissioner might have a sympathetic ear. Its been a decade of losing football and we are selling out the stadium.

To me its bad for the game. :thumbsup:

Right there you just answered why the commisionar won't care and why it isn't bad for the game. There are always going to be teams that are bad, just like there will always be teams that are good, otherwise everyone would end the year in a giant 8-8 tie

Buying a ticket buys you a seat to watch an event. It doesn't buy you the right to witness a win or the results you want. They don't give out refunds becuase you haven't been happy with the results, otherwise I think the fans in detroit have been more deserving of full refunds last season.

Fans need to settle down, Jaurons fate is sealed, but it won't come til the offseason, if its not done at the earliest being the Bye week. Bringing in a new coach now is not going to turn this team around and we all are probably going to have to ride out the rest of this year with DJ until the offseason were I'm guessing more screaming and moaning will happen when they don't hire the guy that everyone wants

Face it, we're hostages to our own loyalty. They've already made their money off the ticket sales for this year, so whether you show or not doesn't change the finances except for concessions and parking. And if there's a drop off in future years, they'll threaten to move the team. So we either continue to support a mediocre organization, or they'll leave for greener pastures. So we're screwed either way.

Much as I hate to acknowledge what you wrote is true, it probably is. In the coming off-season, there will be yet another marketing gimmick (new coach, 1 star FA signing) to sell tickets again. At some point, the fans should say "I will buy the season tickets once you prove that you have put a competitive and winning product on the field". And also this 'move the team' bluff will be called. RW is making good money off of the team, there is little reason or appetite for him to move. And if ticket sales fall, the value of the team will go down making a move even more difficult.

Since there is not one coach on this staff who is head coaching material, a coaching change now would just be an irrelevant event. These assistants are as much to blame as Jauron. Now, if this was 1986 & there was no Rooney rule, we could be calling for a Shanahan, Gruden , Cowher etc, but reality is with the Rooney rule, unless you have a Singletary on your staff you're pretty screwed if you haven't made a change by February.

Much as I hate to acknowledge what you wrote is true, it probably is. In the coming off-season, there will be yet another marketing gimmick (new coach, 1 star FA signing) to sell tickets again. At some point, the fans should say "I will buy the season tickets once you prove that you have put a competitive and winning product on the field". And also this 'move the team' bluff will be called. RW is making good money off of the team, there is little reason or appetite for him to move. And if ticket sales fall, the value of the team will go down making a move even more difficult.

L.A. and Toronto are licking their chops over the developments in Buffalo and Jacksonville. No matter how bad this team plays, someone out there will be willing to pay plenty for this team.

Just like the Oakland Raiders, the Bills problem is at the top... If Ralph Wilson can't guarantee that the Bills will stay in Buffalo after he passes, he may as well move them now. He is not doing Buffalo any favors, he is only delaying the inevitable. Like most Bills fans, I am so sick of this Sh!+. GO SABRES!!!

^^This^^

I'm done!

Until the next home game right? Ralph will not make any changes this season as;

1. Only once has he made a mid season change

2. Who would he promote?

3. He's a cheap bastard who only cares about the weekly take and not winning

Anyway, I hope you have conviction and cease supporting this piece of garbage....

Guest dog14787
Right there you just answered why the commisionar won't care and why it isn't bad for the game. There are always going to be teams that are bad, just like there will always be teams that are good, otherwise everyone would end the year in a giant 8-8 tie

Buying a ticket buys you a seat to watch an event. It doesn't buy you the right to witness a win or the results you want. They don't give out refunds becuase you haven't been happy with the results, otherwise I think the fans in detroit have been more deserving of full refunds last season.

Fans need to settle down, Jaurons fate is sealed, but it won't come til the offseason, if its not done at the earliest being the Bye week. Bringing in a new coach now is not going to turn this team around and we all are probably going to have to ride out the rest of this year with DJ until the offseason were I'm guessing more screaming and moaning will happen when they don't hire the guy that everyone wants

There are folks out there that think nothing can ever be done to make a difference,

Then there are folks out there that make a difference.

Season ticket holders have leverage, if they use it properly DJ will get fired and at least we won't he to see his stupid face, or hear about how hard it is to win in this league for the rest of the :censored: season.