Marshawn Lynch vs. Fred Jackson

Anybody notice that our offense is so out of sink since Lynch returned??? Fred Jackson played full time in the N.E. game and Tampa games and we had some offensive continuity. Now with Lynch and Fred rotating, we have no continuity. Lynch sucks, flat out. They should immediately start Fred and give him virtually the entire load. Lynch should be used only to give Fred a breather when he needs one, and maybe on the occasional short yardage play.

In the offseason, trade Lynch for a veteran a O-Lineman or D-Lineman or an LB. I know that they wouldn't get much for Lynch, but it would clearly be addition by subtraction at this point because Fred would need to then carry the load.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody notice that our offense is so out of sink since Lynch returned??? Fred Jackson played full time in the N.E. game and Tampa games and we had some offensive continuity. Now with Lynch and Fred rotating, we have no continuity. Lynch sucks, flat out. They should immediately start Fred and give him virtually the entire load. Lynch should be used only to give Fred a breather when he needs one, and maybe on the occasional short yardage play.

In the offseason, trade Lynch for a veteran a O-Lineman or D-Lineman or an LB. I know that they wouldn't get much for Lynch, but it would clearly be addition by subtraction at this point because Fred would need to then carry the load.

Actually, watching the game reminded me of how much more gifted Lynch is than Jackson. Don't get me wrong - I love Jackson - but Lynch is a better player. Who performs better, however, is less a function of their talents than the overall scheme/playcalls.

Actually, watching the game reminded me of how much more gifted Lynch is than Jackson. Don't get me wrong - I love Jackson - but Lynch is a better player. Who performs better, however, is less a function of their talents than the overall scheme/playcalls.

I couldn't disagree more. Lynch can't hold Fred's jock strap. I believe before Lynch came back, through 3 games, Jackson was second in the entire NFL in yards from scrimmage. Fred has such a better feel for the passing game and screens, it's a joke to compare the two.

I couldn't disagree more. Lynch can't hold Fred's jock strap. I believe before Lynch came back, through 3 games, Jackson was second in the entire NFL in yards from scrimmage. Fred has such a better feel for the passing game and screens, it's a joke to compare the two.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Lynch is faster, physically tougher, and makes quicker cuts. He's also a better receiver. I think Jackson is a nice player, btw. I don't mean to dog him. But the difference in physical talent seems pretty freakin' obvious to me.

the offense sucked against NO, and Jackson struggled pretty badly today. Not sure that you can pin the offensive issues the past 3 weeks on Lynch's return (over the past 2 weeks)

I think that Fred Jackson is the better RB at this point in time. I like Lynch too and we need both of them. I'm not going to argue over who's better than who.

What I could'nt understand about today's game was how the running plays were called. Why did we keep running Lynch wide instead of up the middle? Lynch is a power back and we did'nt play to his strength. Then we bring in Jackson and we run him up the middle when we should have been running him wide.

I do'nt understand it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Lynch is faster, physically tougher, and makes quicker cuts. He's also a better receiver. I think Jackson is a nice player, btw. I don't mean to dog him. But the difference in physical talent seems pretty freakin' obvious to me.

quicker cuts? faster??

Wow, the original poster is way off...

Watching today, I noticed how much more effective Lynch is when he's in there. He drags the pile for an extra 3 yards from initial contact every time. I was watching Jackson get stopped in his tracks by one player each time he got the ball. You can't tackle Lynch with one player.

I think that Lynch is more explosive, much more durable, and a lot more difficult to tackle. Maybe Jackson gets the edge in speed but I'm not even so sure of that, Lynch is pretty fast too.

He also proved today that he can be just as effective in the passing game.

The biggest thing about Lynch's game is that he can wear down a defense because of his size and strength. It takes a lot out of a team when he gets the ball and can pound the defense throughout the game. By the time the 4th quarter comes, if used effectively, the defense is banged up and running out of energy, that's Lynch's best time. If he ever played for a winning team that wasn't always playing from behind and gave him the ball 25 times a game, he'd have a chance to win the rushing title.

If you gave Jackson 25 carries a game, he'd be beaten up by the halfway point of the season. Not sure he'd make it through 16 games as a starter.

I don't know how you could watch today's game and believe for a second that Jackson is better. Beast Mode is back in full force, they need to let him pound the ball.

I'm a big Jackson fan, no bias here, I think they're a great tandem and he compliments Lynch well, but Lynch should be getting the majority of the workload.

Having two solid RBs is a great thing in today's NFL.

After watching Poluszny go down and have us forced to go with the overmatched Buggs at MLB that we had to go with Mitchell and then Mitchell goes down so we go back to Buggs only to see him go down, it makes little sense to me to take a position like RB (where there is traditionally greater punishment and injury compared to MLB) the way you can only deal with having one RB is beyond me.

Horrible game, but this was not even slightly Marshawn's fault. In fact, Marshawn was considerably better.

Marshawn: 17/69, 4.1 YPC, 6 catches for 56 yards.

Freddy: 13/30, 2.3 YPC, 2 catches for 17 yards.

If anyone was out of synch (not sink), it was the OL. How many false starts? And the passing game, which has been so horrible that defenses just aren't taking them seriously any more.

a lot of that is the result of captain checkdown...

I'm not gonna argue about it but I think overall, Fred is the better back. That being said, Lynch was having the better game yesterday and true to form, Dick and staff had absolutely no feel for the game. They should have played Lynch more yesterday. You go with the hot hand. I do think both guys excel when they get more action. Both players will suffer from platooning because they both do pretty well on carries 15-20.

Jackson's first 2 games were with a brand new OL that NE didn't know anything about and NO only had a small video library on. Begining with NO, the OL began disappearing through injury to the terribly depleted wreck it is today. As Lynch showed us yet again today, he can move piles of weak OL and DL with his own might and determination.

Both backs are great and compliment each other very well.

The OL will get better. It only has one way to go.

Wait 'til next year!