Remember the 2001 Patriots

gmac17

their 4th game was a 30-10 loss against the dolphins on the road in which they had a total of 146 yards.

and THEY WON THE SUPERBOWL.

Ha. Seriously though - can you imagine the concept of this team winning the super bowl? try to wrap your brain around that for a few minutes. In 2001 Patsfans.com probably had the same mood as this place does today, but without the 400,000 bandwagon jumpers that would arrive a few months later.

(and no, i'm not expecting anything).

their 4th game was a 30-10 loss against the dolphins on the road in which they had a total of 146 yards.

Ha. Seriously though - can you imagine the concept of this team winning the super bowl? try to wrap your brain around that for a few minutes. In 2001 Patsfans.com probably had the same mood as this place does today, but without the 400,000 bandwagon jumpers that would arrive a few months later.

Unfortunately, the parallels aren't exact. While Bill Belichick didn't have the world's best head coaching tenure in Cleveland--especially in that final year--no one can question the job he did as defensive coordinator. That means that he had two things to offer any team of which he'd be the head coach:

1) A deep understanding of X's and O's, especially on defense.

2) A lot of brainpower. This translates into a higher potential to learn from his past mistakes; and to see football related topics more clearly, and think about them more deeply, than others in the NFL might.

I've seen the argument made, and a lot of supporting evidence given, that Jauron was nothing more than an average defensive coordinator (if even that). He's not going to bring superior coaching to the Bills, even on defense. And, Ivy League degree or no, he's not going to outsmart his opponents the way Bill Belichick does.

Another difference between the two teams is that the 2001 Patriots had Tom Brady.

so does this mean that patrick fitzryan is the next tom brady?

2001 Pats had the "tuck rule" which to me if a QB brings his arm forward and the balll hits his other hand, its a fumble. And since then, the Pats have gotten almost every break in the book, including last week with the roughing the passer calls against Baltimore. The refs handed NE the game! Opening week. Whitner being called for Spearing. Shoulder first. When is tat a spear? When it's against the Pats. Its so blatant that I live in NE and even the local sports radio talk shows are starting to laugh about it. They're in disbelief about the Buff and the Balt games. So am I a consperior theorist or a fan who watches a lot of games with "some " knowledge of football. .........All I know is that I'm a diehard Bills fan since th early sixties who lives in an area with "diehard" Pats fans who became fans in 2001. It sucks.

Spygate proved why that team had such a jump in production. Second half adjustments my ass they just got back the film. Once spygate came out it all made sense the huge improvements in play between half's a 6th round QB having a breakout year. That team was built on a lie and Goodell had the evidence destroyed for no reason but as a favor to Kraft.

Common Pats* fan defenses

Oh but every team does it. Really every team does it why was there a rule in place? Why has no other team or former coach ever admitted to doing it (Every time I ask a Pats* fan to tell me a coach that has admitted to doing the same thing they can never give an exact answer)?

Well it didn't really help them. BS if it didn't help them than why did they do it for an over 7 year period? You don't waste time and preparation resources doing something over and over again if you aren't getting anything out of it. You are telling me that all these second half surges were not really tapes being dissected but Belicheck is that good of a coach? Come on I know he is good but he stunk with the Browns who didn't have these types of runs.

Spygate has tarnished a dynasty and will forever put doubt into the legitimacy of those Super Bowls. Pats* fans will cling to the lies and talking points but the 2001 run which seemed like a Disney movie is now fully explained as nothing more than a farce and a lie.

Spygate proved why that team had such a jump in production. Second half adjustments my ass they just got back the film. Once spygate came out it all made sense the huge improvements in play between half's a 6th round QB having a breakout year. That team was built on a lie and Goodell had the evidence destroyed for no reason but as a favor to Kraft.

Common Pats* fan defenses

Oh but every team does it. Really every team does it why was there a rule in place? Why has no other team or former coach ever admitted to doing it (Every time I ask a Pats* fan to tell me a coach that has admitted to doing the same thing they can never give an exact answer)?

Well it didn't really help them. BS if it didn't help them than why did they do it for an over 7 year period? You don't waste time and preparation resources doing something over and over again if you aren't getting anything out of it. You are telling me that all these second half surges were not really tapes being dissected but Belicheck is that good of a coach? Come on I know he is good but he stunk with the Browns who didn't have these types of runs.

Spygate has tarnished a dynasty and will forever put doubt into the legitimacy of those Super Bowls. Pats* fans will cling to the lies and talking points but the 2001 run which seemed like a Disney movie is now fully explained as nothing more than a farce and a lie.

As fun as all this conspiracy talk is, it reallyhas NOTHING to do with the Bills SUCKING. It's 2 games a year. The Bills look like clowns against EVERYBODY.

damn, i mean i dislike the pats as much as the next bills fan, but you guys gotta stop crying about spygate, tuck rule, etc., no wonder no one takes our team and the fans seriously, always complaining about things that dont affect our team except 2 games a year.

Lets be honest, belichick could give jauron brady's radio helmet, tell him each play before it happens, AND WE WOULD STILL LOSE.

its time to GET OVER IT, crying about the pats arent gonna make the bills any better

Ever heard of Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady...those were their two QB's...Trent and Fitz wouldnt have even made that team...