Levy Backs Jauron

Rico

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=70837

"We interviewed six coaches... all good candidates at the time.. and we felt... Mr. Wilson and I felt at the time that we'd move forth with Dick... and it's not over...they're reeling... the Bills best chance in my opinion is to go forth with the way Dick Jauron will coach the team... I believe Dick Jauron has the type of character and will convey that to the players on this team that will give them the best chance to rebound."

:nana:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We interviewed six coaches... all good candidates at the time.. and we felt... Mr. Wilson and I felt at the time that we'd move forth with Dick... and it's not over...they're reeling... the Bills best chance in my opinion is to go forth with the way Dick Jauron will coach the team... I believe Dick Jauron has the type of character and will convey that to the players on this team that will give them the best chance to rebound."

I doth believe Levy is nearing senility.

Wow. I love Marv for all he did but maybe in his old age he's lost it. Cuz if he said that he should be put in a home.

Levy can go f**k himself - seriously. Anyone could have coached the talent that he had. The fact that he had four chances to win the Super Bowl and lost all four is all you need to know about Marv Levy.

He is the one that hired Ja-Moron and he is responsible for taking Whitner over Ngata, etc., etc.

After doing all this let us not forget that HE F**KING QUIT as the GM.

IMO the Giants game was the worst coaching performance in Super Bowl history... but at the very least, Marv owes all Bills fans a public apology for the mess he made in 2006.

it's clear to me now that our success in the early 90's was from polian's personnel moves and not levy's coaching. in fact, if we'd had a different coach we might have gone 4 & 0

Levy was so bad, he was good. He clearly benefitted from the personnel we had which was, at times, unreal. But at the same time, you have to recognize that he was one of the most flexible coaches ever. He listened to his players and his assistants and had no ego about going with someone else's ideas, even if it meant a major variation from his views about how to pay winning football. I also think he had an eye for overlooked talent that wasn't as good as Polian's but was pretty good nonetheless.

Some other coach might have to threw the guys out of his office when they suggested going K-gun for the whole game.

Another coach might have got into pissing matches over territory when the GM came in and suggested a huge trade or something like stealing Christie off the waiver wire.

Levy also found a way to keep all those competing egos happy and satisfied. A guy like Parcells would have insisted on being at the center of every drama, every decision and would reject any good idea that wasn't his.

Its not all x's and o's.

Well, poor Marv has crossed the line into senilty. I love the guy because of his past coaching days here but good thing he is no longer making any decisions at OBD. For that matter is anyone? They all suck come to think of it.

To think for one second that an 80-year-old guy and a 90-year-old guy can make ANY decisions that would make a team in today's NFL better is absolutely insane. It's this old-school, antiquated style of thinking that's gotten the Bills into this mess. Getting a vote of confidence from Marv Levy in 2009 doesn't mean anything good.

Levy was so bad, he was good. He clearly benefitted from the personnel we had which was, at times, unreal. But at the same time, you have to recognize that he was one of the most flexible coaches ever. He listened to his players and his assistants and had no ego about going with someone else's ideas, even if it meant a major variation from his views about how to pay winning football. I also think he had an eye for overlooked talent that wasn't as good as Polian's but was pretty good nonetheless.

Some other coach might have to threw the guys out of his office when they suggested going K-gun for the whole game.

Another coach might have got into pissing matches over territory when the GM came in and suggested a huge trade or something like stealing Christie off the waiver wire.

Levy also found a way to keep all those competing egos happy and satisfied. A guy like Parcells would have insisted on being at the center of every drama, every decision and would reject any good idea that wasn't his.

Its not all x's and o's.

*yawn*

Marv's a has-been. He poked us in the pooper with Dick, and I for one ain't cool with that.

Marv was not a great head coach, his career wasnt that great before becoming head coach of the Bills and walking into a pretty good situation...he was the right coach at the right time for that team but a borderline at best hall of famer

he ruined the no huddle when Marchibroda left and used the excuse that the league had caught up with it which is funny because no one has caught up to the Colts and they have been doing it for how long? Marv couldnt handle Kelly getting all the credit and tried running the no huddle with the plays coming in from the sidelines from 3 different people...himself, Shofner who was horrible and Bresnahan

Marv was not a good game day head coach and was outcoached in each super bowl....playing for the Jauron like FG in the 4th at the end of the first half still pisses me off bc they had that game

I am so tired of hearing Marv talk about character...how has that worked out in recent years

Jauron is one of the worst head coaches I have ever seen coach an NFL game....I would honestly rather have Rich Kotite

i mean, seriously who the hell else did they interview? Ray Handley, Dave Shula and Rich Kotite?! those would probably be the only people i wouldnt chose over this as$hat Jauron

IMO the Giants game was the worst coaching performance in Super Bowl history... but at the very least, Marv owes all Bills fans a public apology for the mess he made in 2006.

I have heard that assertion many times before and I disagree. I think that it is based in part on underestimating how good the Giants were and and overestimating how good we were. Some of the lopsided wins we had that year and the, at times, unstoppable offense we had caused people to look at the plodding Giants and assume that we would blow them away and when we didn't, rather than suspect that their beliefs were wrong, they concluded that it must have been the result of Marv getting seriously out coached. The Giants were a very good football team and they were well coached.

The Giants were brutal on our receivers from the git go, taking them out of the game for long stretches, especially early. There were numerous interference calls that were never made but should have been. That is a commone occurence in super bowls. Its is such a big game, such a big stage, refs don't have the cohones to make such a devastating, game changing call. Get a call like that wrong and you will be featured in every football documentary about stupid calls for the rest of your life. The Giants got away with murder that day and that wasn't Levy's fault.

That one long drive, the Bills had opportunities to get off the filed but missed flat out missed tackles they should have made. Credit the Giants, they made some great third down efforts. I don't see how you blame Levy unless you assume that had he been a better coach we would have destroyed the Giants like we did the Raiders or something like that. The team would have won if they had a better kicker. Norwood was always weak-legged and a bit dicey on longer kicks. That ended up costing us the game, not Levy.

<_<

It never ends...The ass covering and ass kissing that is going on concerning Jauron is legendary... :lol:

On a side note, Sup Rico!!!! :lol:

Yeah, someone who wins 143 games in the NFL, and is in the Hall of Fame must be a horrible coach.

Super Bowl 25 was lost by two reasons - Jeff Wright and Norwood. That's it. Blame Polian for Wright, and Norwood for being a kitty. It wasn't Levy at all. He coached a great game. Thurman was unstoppable. Kelly played like crap. Don't rewrite history. Polian failed us that year.