Mitchell to the middle on Sunday

Lori

No link yet, but @salmaiorana just tweeted it. If they make the move, Ashlee Palmer would take Kawika's spot. Have to do SOMETHING to stop the run.

Update: Maiorana's story is now up -- Bills make switch at LB

ORCHARD PARK – After yielding 472 yards rushing the last two weeks, the Bills have decided to make a change in their linebacking corps.

With undersized Marcus Buggs unable to take the place of injured Paul Posluszny, coach Dick Jauron is shifting weak side linebacker Kawika Mitchell into the middle and rookie Ashlee Palmer will make his first NFL start Sunday against Cleveland in Mitchell’s old spot.

Mitchell has played a little middle linebacker when he was at Kansas City, and his added size and experience were the key factors in the switch.

Edited by Lori

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No link yet, but @salmaiorana just tweeted it. If they make the move, Ashlee Palmer would take Kawika's spot. Have to do SOMETHING to stop the run.

Today's NY Post, in discussing how the Jest could stop the run, mentioned that the Bills were playing 8 man fronts and still could not stop the run. That wouold be embarassing if true.

Agreed. I'm game for ANYTHING at this pt. I'm definitely not a Kawika Mitchell guy, but they have to do something.

Sad thing is, a blind squirrel saw this LB problem coming back in March. Way to go Russy, way to go.

Desperation, creativity call it what you want but I agree that we absolutely had to attempt to fix this major problem.

As a side note, I was wondering if it is too late this season to train Maybin for LB duties considering Schobel and Kelsay are doing well & we have Denney also.

Buggs was manhandled in the Miami game.

Mitchell to the Middle?? Can he make all the D calls?

This is pitiful, I hope it works

While they making corrections ...can they please take Ellison out on passing downs, he already has burn marks from all the pass plays against him, he should be at the burn treatment center at ECMC for Christ sake

Desperation, creativity call it what you want but I agree that we absolutely had to attempt to fix this major problem.

As a side note, I was wondering if it is too late this season to train Maybin for LB duties considering Schobel and Kelsay are doing well & we have Denney also.

I wonder if Maybin can cover better than Ellison on passing downs?

They have to get him in the game more and use his speed some kind of way.

Kind of surprised on how well Kelsay is playing, maybe he read some pages on here lol

I see why they keep Denney , he is a pretty good player.

Yet another player for the Bills playing out of position....sheesh when does it stop..

I'm thinking it's a pretty big transition to go from outside to middle linebacker isn't it? And Mitchell wasn't exactly lighting it up...

IIRC, Mitchell struggled in the middle with KC back in 2006 because it's not his natural position.

Guess this means the Marcus Buggs experiment is over. Then again, Russ and Dick like their guys.

Nic Harris moves to S, Mitchell to MLB, Seth McKinney at DT in goaline situations, Scott and Chambers starting. What's not to love? It's a bush league franchise.

Didn't know Mitchell was still playing. Maybe I will notice him now.

I hear ya. Mitchell is out there playing it safe. How many times do you see him near the end of a play without impacting it ? He was clearly one of the guys that Talley was calling out. If anyone thinks that so-weak-in-the-middle, I mean Kawika Mitchell is the answer to our run D, you're sorely mistaken.

On a side note, congratulations to Aaron Maybin on logging his second tackle of the season on Sunday. Truly a force to be reckoned with.

i was wondering the same thing, seriously can he be any worse than ellison?

I hear ya. Mitchell is out there playing it safe. How many times do you see him near the end of a play without impacting it ? He was clearly one of the guys that Talley was calling out. If anyone thinks that so-weak-in-the-middle, I mean Kawika Mitchell is the answer to our run D, you're sorely mistaken.

On a side note, congratulations to Aaron Maybin on logging his second tackle of the season on Sunday. Truly a force to be reckoned with.

Yeah, the guy fourth on the team in tackles is not doing anything.

Shows you the difference between reading the stats and watching the games. <_<

Do the stats reflect their play on the field? Yes. Is doing everything he can be no. Can he improve, of course - they all can.

But to simply say he's not doing anything anyway clearly shows someone else is not watching the games. :nana: