Mitchell to the middle on Sunday

Lori

Do the stats reflect their play on the field? Yes. Is doing everything he can be no. Can he improve, of course - they all can.

But to simply say he's not doing anything anyway clearly shows someone else is not watching the games. :nana:

Mitchell takes plays off.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the stats reflect their play on the field? Yes. Is doing everything he can be no. Can he improve, of course - they all can.

But to simply say he's not doing anything anyway clearly shows someone else is not watching the games. :nana:

I began noticing this about Mitchell last season. Apparently I'm not the only one. I know it wouldn't be a popular statement around here (esp. because he does rack up stats) but keep an eye on him (re-watch games if you have them) and you will see what I mean.

Most players do these days. Haynesworth who just got paid $100 million takes plays off.

Why don't we just label this board to every player on the Bills sucks and be done with it? After all, we all know so much and can DVR games and study them after they're over. I mean, all this board does is knock every player to put on a Bills uniform.

Ellison is not the problem.

IMO this was the first bad week by the D. I don't think it was a coincidence that it was a week where we went without our starting safeties. They had been huge in the running game the previous 3 weeks and actually their exit to injury in the Saints game was when the defense starting getting gashed.

I watch all the games and our LB's are the weakest part of a very average D.

How's Haynesworth working out for the Skins? THey're giving up 128 rushing yards per game right now, only a little bit better than us.

Haynesworth's real value is creating pressure up the middle when you only rush 4. Look at the Titans pass defense without him now that they can't get to the qb without bringing extra men? Worst in the league.

How's Haynesworth working out for the Skins? THey're giving up 128 rushing yards per game right now, only a little bit better than us.

First Mitchell isn't even close to that pay scale. Secondly, most teams rotate players to keep them fresh. And with the amount of time that our defense is on the field. Not a bad idea.

First Mitchell isn't even close to that pay scale. Secondly, most teams rotate players to keep them fresh. And with the amount of time that our defense is on the field. Not a bad idea.

On that same note, with as much as our D has been on the field, a starting LB should have no problem averaging 6 tackles a game. See how stats can be misleading?

On that same note, with as much as our D has been on the field, a starting LB should have no problem averaging 6 tackles a game. See how stats can be misleading?

Ok, he sucks. They all suck. I hope the Bills are sold and move. No one should ever cheer on this team.

Haynesworth's real value is creating pressure up the middle when you only rush 4. Look at the Titans pass defense without him now that they can't get to the qb without bringing extra men? Worst in the league.

Haynesworth is a prime example why a team should not pay a player based on his play in a contract year. Was he really worth 100 million?

Agreed. I'm game for ANYTHING at this pt. I'm definitely not a Kawika Mitchell guy, but they have to do something.

Sad thing is, a blind squirrel saw this LB problem coming back in March. Way to go Russy, way to go.

I actually think mitchell is better suite for inside, has to be the biggest bills lb on the roster right? Doesn't quite have great sideline to sideline speed but is big enough to get the ol guys off of him and think he will do good there!

I hear ya. Mitchell is out there playing it safe. How many times do you see him near the end of a play without impacting it ? He was clearly one of the guys that Talley was calling out. If anyone thinks that so-weak-in-the-middle, I mean Kawika Mitchell is the answer to our run D, you're sorely mistaken.

On a side note, congratulations to Aaron Maybin on logging his second tackle of the season on Sunday. Truly a force to be reckoned with.

Nobody is saying he's the answer to the run d, but he will play better there than buggs and palmer has more speed on the outside. Whats to not like, atleast fewell is showing some nuts to save his job i can't say the same at this point for dick.

Today's NY Post, in discussing how the Jest could stop the run, mentioned that the Bills were playing 8 man fronts and still could not stop the run. That wouold be embarassing if true.

Even more embarrassing is admitting that you read the NY Post although spelling does match educational level of average reader.