If I was a betting man ...

The Bills are 0-2 in their last two games against the Browns, and 0-2 against Mangini. Moreover, Mangini really figured Edwards out in the second Bills-Jets game of 2006. He wasn't effective at all before getting hurt, and played poorly against Mangini's defense in the first Bills-Jets game of 07.

Finally, here's the most important factor: Mangini isn't going to get fired after this season, and the players are going to feel that they must perform. The Bills may not be running for the bus quite yet, but anyone with half a brain on that team is going to know that the writing is on the wall for Jauron. They're more likely to be less desperate than the Browns. The level of desperation matters too -- the Dolphins played like they were desperate last week; the Bills not so much. Sparano/Parcells will put the fear of god into you, while DJ doesn't.

As for relative levels of talent, it's basically a wash. I certainly don't think at this point that the Bills are any more talented than the Browns.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

The Bills shouldn't be favored to beat anyone at this point. If they fall to the Browns which could very likely happen, my depression for the franchise will sink to an all-time low.

My prediction is that the Bills will rise up and blow the Brownies right back across the Lake. And that will suck, because every game the Bills win, keeping them on their inevitable 6-10-0 to 8-8-0 pace under Dick, will be another excuse for Wilson not to eat his contract and fire him. :w00t::cry:

You should not get depressed if the Browns upset the Bills Sunday. Every loss will be one game closer to the end of the Jauron "error" , er "era."

You should not get depressed if the Browns upset the Bills Sunday. Every loss will be one game closer to the end of the Jauron "error" , er "era."

:cry:

Hate to say it, but I could care less at this point how many games we win, I just want DICKY J

to get fired.

We may win Sunday, but not by much. The team may have quit on DICKY J, I know Owens has.

The Bills are 0-2 in their last two games against the Browns, and 0-2 against Mangini. Moreover, Mangini really figured Edwards out in the second Bills-Jets game of 2006. He wasn't effective at all before getting hurt, and played poorly against Mangini's defense in the first Bills-Jets game of 07.

Finally, here's the most important factor: Mangini isn't going to get fired after this season, and the players are going to feel that they must perform. The Bills may not be running for the bus quite yet, but anyone with half a brain on that team is going to know that the writing is on the wall for Jauron. They're more likely to be less desperate than the Browns. The level of desperation matters too -- the Dolphins played like they were desperate last week; the Bills not so much. Sparano/Parcells will put the fear of god into you, while DJ doesn't.

As for relative levels of talent, it's basically a wash. I certainly don't think at this point that the Bills are any more talented than the Browns.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

I agree. The recipe for shutting down the Bills' offense is so easy at this point.

1) Play the run first

2) Rush 4 guys against a bad o-line

3) Double team the check-down option

4) Play zone coverage, covering the receivers on the sidelines, and force the receivers to the middle of the field, where Edwards can't and won't throw

5) In the spread set, play the short passing routes only

My prediction is that the Bills will rise up and blow the Brownies right back across the Lake. And that will suck, because every game the Bills win, keeping them on their inevitable 6-10-0 to 8-8-0 pace under Dick, will be another excuse for Wilson not to eat his contract and fire him. :thumbdown::unsure:

I agree. My dream scenario is Bills are destroyed by cleveland, RW breaks out the axe and cleans house. A new group comes in and the Bills actually start showing improvment. The extreme dream scenario includes winning out and a wild card birth... Hope is really all we have :bag:

Even though I always want a win. I would be nice to see someone come in now and have most of this season to get things moving in the right direction. Then having FA, the Draft and TC to mold whatever we have now into something much, much better.

:unsure:

Hate to say it, but I could care less at this point how many games we win, I just want DICKY J

to get fired.

We may win Sunday, but not by much. The team may have quit on DICKY J, I know Owens has.

I disagree. I don't think Owens feels Jauron is the problem, and while he's obviously depressed, he hasn't quit.

Like it or not, the players love Jauron.

I agree. The recipe for shutting down the Bills' offense is so easy at this point.

1) Play the run first

2) Rush 4 guys against a bad o-line

3) Double team the check-down option

4) Play zone coverage, covering the receivers on the sidelines, and force the receivers to the middle of the field, where Edwards can't and won't throw

5) In the spread set, play the short passing routes only

Or put in short form ... do what Miami did.

I don't normally bet but i was thinking about opening one of those online accounts for this game. I figure taking the Browns +6 is a very good bet. If the Bills win by more than 6, so be it. I'll be happy they showed up. If the Browns cover or win, I'd hedge my anger by winning some bucks. I really see this as being a close game. Edwards is re-visiting his demons with the Browns in town again. They seem to have our number too.