For all you Gruden Fans

mabden

If he'd done a little research, he'd know that Gruden -- who majored in communications at Dayton -- was planning all along on going into TV broadcasting if the coaching thing didn't work out.

Gruden seemed a little tight at first, but he has since loosened up and has added some great football dialogue to perfectly compliment Jaws' color commentating and Tirico's play-by-play. After watching last night, I was really impressed with the MNF broadcast.

I always thought he was kind of a jackass as a coach and was not looking forward to having to hear his ego in the MNF booth. But so far I think he's been really really good working the games.

I can't say how refreshing it's been to listen to 3 guys who are there for the actual game and not some network schlep who thinks he's supposed to provide comic relief. Anybody who's crapping on Gruden's work at this point is a whiny little wanker who is more interested in pop culture soap operas than football.

Totally disagree. The guy is a great coach, and is exactly what we need.

I don't know what you disagree with. Do you not like Gruden in the booth or are you over rating him as a Coach? As a Bucs fan I would bet I know a hell of a lot more about Gruden the Coach than you do.

I don't know what you disagree with. Do you not like Gruden in the booth or are you over rating him as a Coach? As a Bucs fan I would bet I know a hell of a lot more about Gruden the Coach than you do.

I trust that you know a lot more than a lof of us here about Gruden the coach. We all heard the shortcomings he had with his players, the poor drafts (except maybe OL) and overall poor record with Tampa after that SB. His QB carrousel.....

Do you think he can improve on those defects? Do you think that him being a young guy, he could learn about past mistakes?

Thanks.

Btw, I think he's doing a great job on MNF.

When it comes to actual sports reporting and columns (not their fantasy sports content), yahoo definitely scrapes the bottom of the barrel when it comes to its employees.

Really? I'm not a Michael Silver fan, but Adrian Wojnarowski, Dan Wetzel, Gordon Edes and Jeff Passan are among the best in the business -- fistfuls of APSEs and BASW stories between those four -- and Charles Robinson has broken several NFL stories.

OTOH, Shutdown Corner strikes me as an attempt to capture the PFT/AOL Fanhouse market, and I'm not impressed.