Needed: Brilliant Ideas to help Trent...

Here are a couple:

- don't give him a checkdown option under 10 yards upfield

- Tell him if he wants to stay in the game, on passing plays he either passes the ball for more than 10 yards or he MUST run it himself. Maybe a few good pops and he'll decide throwing it doesn't sound so bad.

Any others? Brilliant replies only, please.

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards needs to study Tom Brady's stance and throwing motion. TE doesn't get enough velocity on some of his throws and it appears to be something correctable. TE seems to almost push the ball( all arm, no follow through or body motion) instead of throwing with a normal delivery.

It resembles Dan Marino a little the way TE flicks the ball , but the results are very different.

Rocket boots... Why throw the ball when he could just take the snap and fly in for the TD.

Seriously though, I think he'd look much better with a healthy line and a coach with some history of actually helping struggling qb's

Trent Edwards needs to study Tom Brady's stance and throwing motion. TE doesn't get enough velocity on some of his throws

It is funny he puts up lame ducks when throwing down field, but when he checks down half the time he absolutely whips the ball at poor Freddy or Lynch.

Maybe just tell him it is opposite day?

if trent wants to get better he should study bret farve. He should add some pump fakes. And also move the defenders off the ball like brett farve does. This would probably take a long time to develop but the pump fakes should help because lee evans and TO are so fast that they can beat a defender even if they get fooled for a spilt second

Trent Edwards needs to study Tom Brady's stance and throwing motion. TE doesn't get enough velocity on some of his throws and it appears to be something correctable. TE seems to almost push the ball( all arm, no follow through or body motion) instead of throwing with a normal delivery.

It resembles Dan Marino a little the way TE flicks the ball , but the results are very different.

Funny, I noticed his weird delivery too last season and couldnt help but wonder if thats the reason for his poor long ball. But I think ultimately he needs more work on his confidence and decison making in order to make more attempts down field.

Funny, I noticed his weird delivery too last season and couldnt help but wonder if thats the reason for his poor long ball. But I think ultimately he needs more work on his confidence and decison making in order to make more attempts down field.

Fortunately, confidence and decision-making are skills which are very easy to obtain on short notice. I think Trent should go out and pick these up today so that he can have the rest of the week to practice using them.

:lol: Sorry, I'm in a goofy mood. Probably just a weird side effect of all the despair I repress on a daily basis.

Here are a couple:

- Tell him if he wants to stay in the game, on passing plays he either passes the ball for more than 10 yards or he MUST run it himself. Maybe a few good pops and he'll decide throwing it doesn't sound so bad.

Try using the no huddle for what it was meant.WHY did they let Miami keep rotating fresh players instead of SNAPPING THE BALL?

I'm sorry, but outside of someone recommending an alarm clock this thread is devoid of brilliance.

I certainly thought that using Dakota Fanning as motivation was indeed brilliant. After all, Trent has been declaring his fascination with her for at least 4 years now. But since that one failed to make the grade, how about this:

Have him jump up and down until his testicles descend. :cry:

Here are a couple:

Don't know if this is brilliant, inventive and perhaps it's already being done-- but here goes. Perhaps in practice, Trent should should face and extra pass rusher or and extra corner back for a few hours a week. Although it wont help our defense any, I have to think that by making his practices extra tough will ultimately make an actual game a little easier for him.

A while back (circa '99), I remember Kurt Warner said that the reason why he made such quick decisions was that the Area League forced him to think quicker, and that when he got into the NFL, even though the quality of the opponent was significantly better, the game seemed a bit slower to him.

Here are a couple:

- don't give him a checkdown option under 10 yards upfield = sack before anyone gets open

- Tell him if he wants to stay in the game, on passing plays he either passes the ball for more than 10 yards or he MUST run it himself. Maybe a few good pops and he'll decide throwing it doesn't sound so bad. = sack before anyone gets open or injury to the QB

if trent wants to get better he should study bret farve. He should add some pump fakes. And also move the defenders off the ball like brett farve does. This would probably take a long time to develop but the pump fakes should help because lee evans and TO are so fast that they can beat a defender even if they get fooled for a spilt second

That would require some coaching.

Rocket boots... Why throw the ball when he could just take the snap and fly in for the TD.

Seriously though, I think he'd look much better with a healthy line and a coach with some history of actually helping struggling qb's

Agreed.

I noticed TE suffering from what has been called "Happy Feet" When he is looking down field, his feet are jumping around like crazy. A sure sign of anxiousness, in that, if I don;t get rid of the ball soon, I will be eating out of a straw sooner.

This was a problem identified of Jim (Chris) Everett by I believe the espn qb wonk

Wins? :cry:

The only brilliant remedy for Trent's incompetence is electro-shock therapy to the frontal lobe.

Further more, they could perform this treatment at the stadium before the game and show it on the big screen.

Even if the electro-shock therapy doesn't help it certainly couldn't make him any worse.

If nothing else, the fans would be guaranteed of something fun to watch for a change. :cry:

I quess you didn't hear, Trent does not watch any football.