Change coming?

Nope!!!!

You guys need to remember that this is the same owner who allowed his team to go winless against the Dolphins for an entire DECADE. During the 70's when Don Schula and his Dolphins ruled the division the Bills didn't win a single game against them for TEN YEARS.

Buffalo fans love their team, but they were driven away by the owner and his lack of desire to win. Finally, after enduring so many losing seasons and fans leaving in droves, the owner decided to hire a name coach in Chuck Knox. The same thing started to happen again in the mid 80's,that prompted the Bill Polian / Marv Levy era.

We are currently in the Bill Belichick era and the Bills have a head coach who not only can't win against the Patriots, he loses to every team in the division.

Fans this season lined up to buy tickets once they heard the news that TO had signed with the Bills, thinking that a top 5 wide out can help build a high powered offense. But the Ivy league head coach decided he needed to rebuild the entire offensive line in the off season...which started out ok. Then the injuries... and now the Bills are currently starting two offensive tackle's that wouldn't even make most teams rosters.

Trent Edwards doesn't have time to throw, and like all young QB's that take a constant pounding, he is starting to hear phantom footsteps and get nervous feet, I don't blame the kid either. I blame the losers in the front office and coaching staff for not drafting an OT when they traded away the only pro bowler and best O linemen on the team.There are some decent OT free agents still out there, like Levi Jones, Jon Runyan, but then they might want to get paid more then the minimum.

Suck it up Bills fans as we have been down this road before, the only way for change to take place with this team is when the fans stop buying tickets, and Ralph Wilson no longer hears the constant "cha ching" of the cash register.

Nope!!!!

You guys need to remember that this is the same owner who allowed his team to go winless against the Dolphins for an entire DECADE. During the 70's when Don Schula and his Dolphins ruled the division the Bills didn't win a single game against them for TEN YEARS.

John Rauch 1970

Harvey Johnson 1971

Lou Saban 1972-1975

Jim Ringo 1976-1977

Chuck Knox 1978-1982

what the heck is your point? Ralph's never been afraid of change, he just make very poor personnal decisions starting right at the top (GM) and working his way down.

John Rauch 1970

Harvey Johnson 1971

Lou Saban 1972-1975

Jim Ringo 1976-1977

Chuck Knox 1978-1982

what the heck is your point? Ralph's never been afraid of change, he just make very poor personnal decisions starting right at the top (GM) and working his way down.

My point was...

the only way for change to take place with this team is when the fans stop buying tickets, and Ralph Wilson no longer hears the constant "cha ching" of the cash register.

For the 70's, that took ten years...

My point was...

the only way for change to take place with this team is when the fans stop buying tickets, and Ralph Wilson no longer hears the constant "cha ching" of the cash register.

Yes. His hand will be forced (by money) if the Bills go 4-12 and fan support tanks. He knows that the box office next year will be lousy if he doesn't right the ship. This year's revenue is in the bag for the most part. We get to see Jauron for the rest of the season or the vast majority of it.

Well, the Bills actually made the playoffs once in the 1970's. Plus they started rebuilding in 1978 and were back in the playoffs in 1980. No playoffs this entire decade and I don't see a stated rebuilding effort. That isn't good at all. The whole thing has to be blown up like in KC or TB. The entire front office (Brandon, Guy, Modrak, EVERYONE has to go), almost the entire coaching staff has to go (I'd keep Van Pelt as the OC even though he hasn't proven anything yet and maybe April as the ST coach), the QB has to go (AGAIN), everything has to change, top to bottom. Even the uniforms have to go. Go with the throwbacks permanently.

RW has to take a big bag of money and a big bag of power and lock Holmgren, Cowher, Shannahan, Gruden and whomever else is out there in a room at OBD and see who has the guts to take the money and build a winner here. Unfortunately, I don't think RW has the time or desire to do any of what is necessary. So, the alternative? All the winless teams get their win against the Bills and we hear excuses from Clueless Dick every week and how it was too hot, too cold, too windy, not windy enough, humidity was too low, dew point wasn't right, whatever. Then they won't even be bad enough to get the 1st overall pick and if they did they would just draft a projected third round DB out of a no-name school.

Well, the Bills actually made the playoffs once in the 1970's. Plus they started rebuilding in 1978 and were back in the playoffs in 1980. No playoffs this entire decade and I don't see a stated rebuilding effort. That isn't good at all. The whole thing has to be blown up like in KC or TB. The entire front office (Brandon, Guy, Modrak, EVERYONE has to go), almost the entire coaching staff has to go (I'd keep Van Pelt as the OC even though he hasn't proven anything yet and maybe April as the ST coach), the QB has to go (AGAIN), everything has to change, top to bottom. Even the uniforms have to go. Go with the throwbacks permanently.

RW has to take a big bag of money and a big bag of power and lock Holmgren, Cowher, Shannahan, Gruden and whomever else is out there in a room at OBD and see who has the guts to take the money and build a winner here. Unfortunately, I don't think RW has the time or desire to do any of what is necessary. So, the alternative? All the winless teams get their win against the Bills and we hear excuses from Clueless Dick every week and how it was too hot, too cold, too windy, not windy enough, humidity was too low, dew point wasn't right, whatever. Then they won't even be bad enough to get the 1st overall pick and if they did they would just draft a projected third round DB out of a no-name school.

How hard is it to hire a name HC coach and let them build a winner? It's not like he is going to be getting up at 5am and staying until midnight. Just write the damn check Ralph!

My point was...

Chuck Knox was the one and only smart hire that we can point to Ralph ever making. One hire in 50 years (Saban partially qualifies too but that wanderlust...) and we're banking on another?

Nope!!!!

Buffalo fans love their team, but they were driven away by the owner and his lack of desire to win. Finally, after enduring so many losing seasons and fans leaving in droves, the owner decided to hire a name coach in Chuck Knox. The same thing started to happen again in the mid 80's,that prompted the Bill Polian / Marv Levy era.

We are currently in the Bill Belichick era and the Bills have a head coach who not only can't win against the Patriots, he loses to every team in the division.

Fans this season lined up to buy tickets once they heard the news that TO had signed with the Bills, thinking that a top 5 wide out can help build a high powered offense. But the Ivy league head coach decided he needed to rebuild the entire offensive line in the off season...which started out ok. Then the injuries... and now the Bills are currently starting two offensive tackle's that wouldn't even make most teams rosters.

Trent Edwards doesn't have time to throw, and like all young QB's that take a constant pounding, he is starting to hear phantom footsteps and get nervous feet, I don't blame the kid either. I blame the losers in the front office and coaching staff for not drafting an OT when they traded away the only pro bowler and best O linemen on the team.There are some decent OT free agents still out there, like Levi Jones, Jon Runyan, but then they might want to get paid more then the minimum.

Suck it up Bills fans as we have been down this road before, the only way for change to take place with this team is when the fans stop buying tickets, and Ralph Wilson no longer hears the constant "cha ching" of the cash register.

both runion and jones are not healthy. there are numerous teams who need tackles (GB and Philly) and they have no interest in either guy.

we are screwed. the bills are so dumb that they did not forsee that tackles who can play dont grow on trees.

when butler (our best o/lineman) went out for the year and now bell we were totally f-cked.

christ chambers did not even make the freaking team and now he is our starter and everyone saw the results of his horrific play sunday. the guy has no business on an NFL field period.

our run game and pass game are doomed it ALL starts up front and we dont have anyone left!

My point was...

You must mean, "when Ralph Wilson No Longer Hears". period. Don't you!

You are wrong- in the Saints game, he had time to throw, but he refused to utilize the mid-to-deep level throw to move the ball, hence his nickname 'Captain Checkdown'. He has gotten into this horrible habit, and it is costing our offense and tiring out our defense, plain and simple. The Miami game just exacerbated his problem by giving him less time to throw to a good receiver short, and Miami's defensive players jumped routes because of the predictability. Elementary to me...

Would be fun to build a team from the ground up... anyone have a couple billion?

:flirt:

Just throwing pink slips around to the coaching staff, minus perhaps Van Pelt and April, and pink slips for Russell, Littmann, Overdork, John Guy, Modrak, an examination of the college scouting staff, perhaps a promotion for Nix into Modrak's spot.

and hiring William Cowher...15 million a year ...letting him hire his own staff, hire his own GM, pro personnel director, etc. etc. etc.

You are wrong- in the Saints game, he had time to throw, but he refused to utilize the mid-to-deep level throw to move the ball, hence his nickname 'Captain Checkdown'. He has gotten into this horrible habit, and it is costing our offense and tiring out our defense, plain and simple. The Miami game just exacerbated his problem by giving him less time to throw to a good receiver short, and Miami's defensive players jumped routes because of the predictability. Elementary to me...

Your entitled to your opinion,although I don't share it. I have the DTV superfan pack and went back and watched the game again on shortcuts.

Gregg Williams, the Saints DC kept constant pressure on Edwards all day from what I saw. The Saints had so many all out blitzes in that game it wasn't funny, Edwards was running for his life most of the time. He had around 2 seconds on average to get rid of the ball, sorry that is just not enough time to allow any deep passes. Edwards also threw over the middle quite often in that game. Look at the stats- Reed 6 rec/60 yds-Fine 5 rec /34 yds- Evans 4 rec 31 yds- Jackson 4 rec 26 yds.

That pass that was intercepted was thrown over the middle to TO, who had it bounce off his hands and into the air. I think Edwards threw to TO about 6-7 times, no catches though.

Edwards checked down 4 times in that game to Fred Jackson out of 20-35 / 156. TO dropped a few and missed a few, as did other receivers.

The Saints only had 4 sacks in that game, but they applied constant pressure. Ex Bill Jabari Greer had a pretty solid game.

That last few series the Bills had many bad snaps in a row, the Bills O line was getting manhandled and pushed back badly, Edwards had to throw the ball away around 10 times or more simply because he didn't have any time to even find any outlet.

The Saints are listed as the 9th best defense in the NFL for a reason.

Nope!!!!

Trent had time to throw on many occasions during the Cleveland game and still stunk up the place.

The coaching stinks, the playing stinks, the front office stinks for not replacing Jason Peters after they traded away the premier left tackle. Every team in the top ten of last years draft wanted to trade out of that pick to save money, the Bills had the chance to move up with extra picks to grab a tackle.

If your a season ticket holder and your not outraged about the game against the Cleveland Browns, then by all means keep going to games, keep buying merchandise and food, keep promoting an inferior product and things will never change.

Why do people think not buying tickets will "force" changes to be made? Please, stop the delusions. Ralph will do what he wants until he dies regardless of ticket sales and when he does go, the team will be sold. All a lack of ticket sales mean is that it will be leave Buffalo.

I'm all for effecting change, but it's not going to come from "not buying tickets".

You can threaten to drown a fish too. Ralph has one thing at this point, his legacy. When someone comes up with an effective way to tank that if the team keeps failing then let me know.

John Rauch 1970

Harvey Johnson 1971

Lou Saban 1972-1975

Jim Ringo 1976-1977

Chuck Knox 1978-1982

Stop throwing facts into the situation ... you only ruin the rant. :lol: