I'm done with TE ...

damj

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I was anti-Trent from the beginning. I felt the coaches gave Losman the prison-shower treatment.

I was anti-Losman from the beginning, and now he's the starting QB for the Las Vegas Locomotives. Or, at least, he's in the running for the starting slot. Your support of Losman does not enhance the credibility of your criticisms against Trent.

That said, Trent had a very bad game today. Yes, his offensive line was a joke, especially at tackle. Yes, his receivers let him down and couldn't get open. There was no running game. Alex van Pelt did a much worse job of play calling than he did the first two weeks. But none of that changes the fact that many of Trent's throws were often off, his reading of the other team's defense was slow, and his decisions sub-par. Maybe he'll bounce back, but the quality of play we're seeing from him right now is simply unacceptable in a starting NFL QB.

I was anti-Losman from the beginning, and now he's the starting QB for the Las Vegas Locomotives. Or, at least, he's in the running for the starting slot. Your support of Losman does not enhance the credibility of your criticisms against Trent.

That said, Trent had a very bad game today. Yes, his offensive line was a joke, especially at tackle. Yes, his receivers let him down and couldn't get open. There was no running game. Alex van Pelt did a much worse job of play calling than he did the first two weeks. But none of that changes the fact that many of Trent's throws were often off, his reading of the other team's defense was slow, and his decisions sub-par. Maybe he'll bounce back, but the quality of play we're seeing from him right now is simply unacceptable in a starting NFL QB.

Yeah, and you were also Pro-Holcomb, so I think you've got no room for criticism directed toward anyone.

This is a QB driven league and for the 13th year in a row since JK retired we are going to need to go search yet again....I can not stand it anymore. We can "blame" the coaches all we want but when it comes down to it just ask yourself what our record would be if we had Brady, Favre, Rothlisberger, Favre etc...we would likely be 4-0 and it's b/c of QB play. The coaches don't throw the ball the plays need to be made and you need a playmaker at that position. He just is not good enough....he'll probably be a decent backup QB in the NFL for a decade or so but it looks like he is not a starter in this league....I really was hoping he would be the one but from everything I've seen this year it looks like he's not....just putrid today and it is just not today it is the last about 10-12 games he has played.

Bull... Trent may be no good, but a probowl qb would fail on this team. The entire team is horrible, top to bottom. Dilger made it to the superbowl for pete sake. I am all for getting a proven vet qb that will suck big time on this team so we can stop this lunacy and see bills nation stop griping about the little problems and focus on the real deal. DJ couldn't lead the 2007 pats to a winning season

wow - what's with all the 'trenters' haters? :w00t:

How can you still defend the guy is the real question? No courage to throw down field and no ability to sense pressure in the pocket......he's the second coming of JP/ RJ/(insert bad bills QB from the last 12 years). I love the bills but I think this is the first step towards them becoming the Toronto Bills.

he's the second coming of JP/ RJ/(insert bad bills QB from the last 12 years).

And WHAT, exactly, should that bet telling you?

I don't think it's defending Edwards to point out that Edwards' problem might not lie with Edwards...

Also, on one of the long passes to TO, you can actually see him begin his throwing motion to Marshawn for ANOTHER F#CKING checkdown before Marshawn takes on a tackler and he has to throw it downfield.

He's a coward. A spineless coward. And the whole team is starting to quit on our "Captain".

agreed

now i see the wisdom for running JP out of town- :w00t:

Yeah, and you were also Pro-Holcomb, so I think you've got no room for criticism directed toward anyone.

Holcomb was, clearly, hands-down, better than JP. Better decision-making. Better at getting rid of the ball quickly and avoiding sacks. Better at infusing life into the offense despite its many failings. At one point, he even had the Bills on the verge of breaking our losing streak to the Patriots. In Foxboro, no less. Over the course of that game, he and the offense played well enough to score a lot of points; and needed just one more score to take the lead. Late in the fourth quarter, with the Patriots' defense on its heels, Holcomb completed a key third down pass to Moulds for what should have been a first down. But then Moulds got called for a ticky-tack offensive pass interference penalty, which turned what should have been first and ten into fourth and long. Holcomb takes a lot of heat for his subsequent dump-off pass to Moulds on that fourth and long. And maybe some of that's deserved (even if his primary option on that play--a rookie named Roscoe Parrish--was double-covered.)

But the thing people forget about that game is that Holcomb had played well enough for 3+ quarters for that fourth down play to matter. Can you imagine Losman playing well enough against a Bill Belichick-coached defense for a late fourth-quarter play to matter? :w00t: Trust me on this one--something like that has not, will not, and could never happen.

Edit: my hope, back then, was for the Bills to use Holcomb as the short-term answer at QB; while using an early draft pick on his eventual replacement. Which, in hindsight, is exactly what the Bills should have done. For you to point to my advocacy of that plan in an apparent attempt to diminish my credibility is absurd.

How can you still defend the guy is the real question? No courage to throw down field and no ability to sense pressure in the pocket......he's the second coming of JP/ RJ/(insert bad bills QB from the last 12 years). I love the bills but I think this is the first step towards them becoming the Toronto Bills.

ssshhhh - don't hate 'trenters' too loudly, or someone will call you an idiot :w00t:

And WHAT, exactly, should that bet telling you?

I don't think it's defending Edwards to point out that Edwards' problem might not lie with Edwards...

Yeah it is defending Edwards. :w00t: There are other problems on the team sure, but Trent has PLENTY of problems of HIS OWN making.

Yeah it is defending Edwards. :thumbdown: There are other problems on the team sure, but Trent has PLENTY of problems of HIS OWN making.

No, it really isn't. :w00t: It's a tacit admission that Edwards quite frankly doesn't make a difference either way on this ****ty team, and that any skills he may have once had have been totally wrecked by being miscoached in a !@#$ed up system...again, like every other QB in the past 12 years. It's not defending him to say he sucks because he's been taught to suck over the past three years.

No, it really isn't. :w00t: It's a tacit admission that Edwards quite frankly doesn't make a difference either way on this ****ty team, and that any skills he may have once had have been totally wrecked by being miscoached in a !@#$ed up system...again, like every other QB in the past 12 years. It's not defending him to say he sucks because he's been taught to suck over the past three years.

I just want to be clear - 'Trenters' is being f'd up by an incompetent coaching staff, and a screwed-up system, but JP wasn't.

Do I have that right?

(Also, Trent has barely started a full-season's worth of games, so he's really almost still a rookie, right?)

I just want to be clear - 'Trenters' is being f'd up by an incompetent coaching staff, and a screwed-up system, but JP wasn't.

Do I have that right?

(Also, Trent has barely started a full-season's worth of games, so he's really almost still a rookie, right?)

No, I'm pretty sure Losman was too. I think it's a pattern that goes back to Clod Tollins, for that matter.

Now people are going to think I'm an Edwards fan...when the fact is, I don't care. Until the real problems are fixed on this team, any QB behind center is going to be taught to be a !@#$ed-up mess.

He played well against New England and TB (but TB is awful) ... but he's in freefall now and there's no telling how much further he has til he bottoms out.

Fixed. But Trent is not the answer. I can't put up with him anymore. That hit from Adrian Wilson in AZ changed him. Let us hope and pray for Sam Bradford in 2010. :thumbdown::w00t: