if we lose to miami does jauron get fired?

i dont know why so many are taking it for granted we'll beat miami. yes they're missing pennington, but in the wildcat offense that rarely went deep and features the running backs, QB is not as important. they have a very good offensive line, great running backs and respectable defense.

they're 0 & 3, but they're played 3 good teams (ATL, SD and Colts) and they've been competitive in each game.

from the bills perspective this is a division game where theyre 0 for the last 9, and it's a road game, where they struggle. bills are also a very banged up team. and last but not least we have jauron, they have the inspiration of parcells.

so im not predicting a definite miami win, but i think they should be favored by about 4 points.

and if bills do go 1 & 3, 0 & 2 in the division, how long can ralph hang on to jauron? can he really wait out the season?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your points contradict themselves. First you argue that this game is much tougher than it seems (and I'm not sure who is saying this is going to be easy). And then you argue that Jauron should be fired for losing it. Why would you fire a coach four games into the season for losing a hard game?

Losing to Cleveland would be different.

Your points contradict themselves. First you argue that this game is much tougher that it seems (and I'm not sure who is saying this is going to be easy). And then you argue that Jauron should be fired for losing it. Why would you fire a coach four games into the season for losing a hard game?

Losing to Cleveland would be different.

0 for the last 10 in the division if they lose, pretty much out of playoff race after 4 games, and miami is a "tough" game relative to the bills who 3 years into the jauron -era, where he's been given everything he wants, they remain uncompetitive.

I think Miami is better than 0-3 or 0-4. I realize Pennington is out but I think there is a very good chance they beat Buffalo with a good running game and tough D. Jauron won't get fired if they lose to Miami. Cleveland is a complete train wreck and a horrible team. If they lose to Cleveland at home, I would pull the plug on Jauron in a heart beat.

I think Miami is better than 0-3 or 0-4. I realize Pennington is out but I think there is a very good chance they beat Buffalo with a good running game and tough D. Jauron won't get fired if they lose to Miami. Cleveland is a complete train wreck and a horrible team. If they lose to Cleveland at home, I would pull the plug on Jauron in a heart beat.

why keep a guy around if after 3 years all he can do is occasionally beat other garbage teams like cleveland?

why keep a guy around if after 3 years all he can do is occasionally beat other garbage teams like cleveland?

I agree, but i'm just answering your original question. Would he get fired if they lose to Miami?...

0 for the last 10 in the division if they lose, pretty much out of playoff race after 4 games, and miami is a "tough" game relative to the bills who 3 years into the jauron -era, where he's been given everything he wants, they remain uncompetitive.

The decision to make Marv the GM a few years ago is looking worse everyday.

I agree, but i'm just answering your original question. Would he get fired if they lose to Miami?...

why wait though? isnt there an argument to be made if youre the owner you show you wont tolerate a loser any longer? winners in general dont defer tough decisions, they make them and move on. whats the point of forcing the players and fans to muddle thru a long season with a coach who's certainly gone at year end?

Of course there is a good chance we lose to Miami, with this team, there is a good chance we lose to Cleveland too. Either way, Jauron isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Anyone that follows this team and their ownership, knows Ralph isn't going to pay Jauron $3 million a year to sit and home and pay someone else to coach the team. Look at the last time he got rid of a coach under contract, he tried everything he could to not pay him what he owed him (Wade Phillips).

I can't see how anyone expects Cleveland to be easy either. They've been as bad as us and we're 0-2 vs. them in the last 2 years..

I know some have been clamoring for Jauron's head for quite awhile, I'm sorta one of them. My problem is with who will Ralph Wilson hire to replace him?

If its Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden... then heck yea !!!! If its some unknown like Tampa Bay hired, then heck no.

Schottenheimer would be my first choice because he would know which assistant coaches to hire who could get the job done and support him. His last coaches were Wade Phillips as the DC and Cam Cameron as the OC in that 14-2 San Diego team. Plus he has a history of taken fallen franchises and rebuilding them into contenders.

So to answer the OP, No he will stay until the bye week, even at 2-6, they should beat Cleveland :D

I know some have been clamoring for Jauron's head for quite awhile, I'm sorta one of them. My problem is with who will Ralph Wilson hire to replace him?

If its Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden... then heck yea !!!! If its some unknown like Tampa Bay hired, then heck no.

Schottenheimer would be my first choice because he would know which assistant coaches to hire who could get the job done and support him. His last coaches were Wade Phillips as the DC and Cam Cameron as the OC in that 14-2 San Diego team. Plus he has a history of taken fallen franchises and rebuilding them into contenders.

So to answer the OP, No he will stay until the bye week, even at 2-6, they should beat Cleveland :D

i doubt we find a name coach to come in mid-season. but id rather have them can jauron and name an interim like april or avp. and then get a name coach like shananan in the offseason. if the season's a write-off i think its best to get jauron out of the way early.

why wait though? isnt there an argument to be made if youre the owner you show you wont tolerate a loser any longer? winners in general dont defer tough decisions, they make them and move on. whats the point of forcing the players and fans to muddle thru a long season with a coach who's certainly gone at year end?

If Jauron wasn't going to be fired after calling THE play that lost the Jets game in the Meadowlands last year, then why would we expect him to be fired after losing to a decent (albeit 0-3) team?

Perhaps losing to Miami would bother Ralph more than anything, but I don't see Jauron going anywhere until the season is over.

I dont think he would be immediately fired......

Now the bye week? That is a possibility.

I agree that I don't see anything happening before the Bye week. But I do think an embarassing loss to Miami this week would be the nail in the coffin for Jauron unless the made a dramatic turn around in the following weeks.

I think, if we get to the Bye with 2 or less wins, Jauron would be fired.