What drives me nuts that Jauron does is the

BobbyC81

Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!! You're playing the hottest scoring team in the league and you have the opportunity to get the ball 1st & score 1st and you freakin' defer ??? This has happended quite a bit recently, meaning they've had good luck with the toss.

So, you get the ball 1st in the 2nd half!! Whoopdeedoo!!! If you fall behind on the 1st possession you gave up (like this past Sunday), you're playing catchup the rest of the game.

Somebody good with animation needs to make us some type of video game where we can throw things at Jauron (like the George Bush one with the shoes) that we can all have & take out our frustrations with. If you hit him, he lets out an Oof or Doh or something. ANother idea is a punching bag with Jauron's face but that's maybe getting a little overboard.

:lol:

The thing that drives me nuts is that people seem to be driven so wild by Jauron, when these deserved feelings remind me that the problem was the leader who signs the checks not only for Jauron but for Mularkey, GW, and who fired Wade but foolishly tried to get the money back from his last year and who had such a toxic relationship with Butler that JB left us high and dry.

Like it or not Jauron can only be blamed for a third of our 0 for a decade playoff less performance.

Folks should rant about Jauron all they want and be correct as far as it goes, but without mentioning the failings of Mr. Ralph these rants are reduced to little more than mindless whining.

Dude, like 90% of coaches defer.

Maybe. But in the games I saw this weekend, Chicago won the toss and took the ball in Seattle. Dallas won and took the ball at home. Bills win the toss and kick at home. Not saying there's any cause and effect here but the Bears and Cowboys won.

In the words of Matt Hasselback, "We want the ball and we're gonna score" should be the attitude. Let the other guys try to keep up with us.

It's just one more part of the Dick loser mentality.

Maybe. But in the games I saw this weekend, Chicago won the toss and took the ball in Seattle. Dallas won and took the ball at home. Bills win the toss and kick at home. Not saying there's any cause and effect here but the Bears and Cowboys won.

In the words of Matt Hasselback, "We want the ball and we're gonna score" should be the attitude. Let the other guys try to keep up with us.

It's just one more part of the Dick loser mentality.

Hasselbeck said that in overtime. Of course you take the ball in overtime.

And just because you manage to come up with two exceptions doesn't change the fact that a huge majority of coaches, at home and away, in good weather and bad, defer. For good reason. It makes sense.

I never really felt very good about giving up that first possession until I saw what happened down here in Miami last year.

At the beginning of the 3rd quarter, the stadium felt like it was half-full, and the Bills went on a methodical 70 yard touchdown drive - in almost complete silence.

Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!! You're playing the hottest scoring team in the league and you have the opportunity to get the ball 1st & score 1st and you freakin' defer ??? This has happended quite a bit recently, meaning they've had good luck with the toss.

So, you get the ball 1st in the 2nd half!! Whoopdeedoo!!! If you fall behind on the 1st possession you gave up (like this past Sunday), you're playing catchup the rest of the game.

Somebody good with animation needs to make us some type of video game where we can throw things at Jauron (like the George Bush one with the shoes) that we can all have & take out our frustrations with. If you hit him, he lets out an Oof or Doh or something. ANother idea is a punching bag with Jauron's face but that's maybe getting a little overboard.

:lol:

Defering alows a coaching staff a full half to see the defense and make adjustments at halftime in order to tak the advantage in the first drive of the second half...

An The D was pumpmed up!!

A reason to defer is that it gives you the chance to have two consecutive possessions - one at the end of the first half and one at the beginning of the second. It's the right move.

Yup. Dead on accurate, and this is why you always defer.

Yup. Dead on accurate, and this is why you always defer.

I would only defer if wind was a factor, so as to have at my back in the 4th.

If not, I take the ball. Defenses are reactive to what I do. I own the snap. On the first series, defensive players are tense, and their bodies have yet to unlimber and get into "game groove."

Teams scoring on opening drives isn't uncommon.

I would only defer if wind was a factor, so as to have at my back in the 4th.

If not, I take the ball. Defenses are reactive to what I do. I own the snap. On the first series, defensive players are tense, and their bodies have yet to unlimber and get into "game groove."

Teams scoring on opening drives isn't uncommon.

Getting the ball on consecutive possessions is fairly uncommon when you choose to receive at the beginning of the game.

???

That's the logic behind deferring - think about it. You have a 50/50 chance to have two consecutive possessions (end of half/beginning of second half). You can either open up the floodgates and take a big lead with no response or stanch the bloodflow and possibly get back into it if you're losing. It makes sense to defer.

That's the logic behind deferring - think about it. You have a 50/50 chance to have two consecutive possessions (end of half/beginning of second half). You can either open up the floodgates and take a big lead with no response or stanch the bloodflow and possibly get back into it if you're losing. It makes sense to defer.

I'm not sure you're getting the point. The only possession that matters is the very first one. Period.

/sarcasm.