A Glimmer of Hope

HarkinBanks

The "worst" part of that is the Bills will probably fare well. Under Jauron, they DO generally beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Then, when we have finally bought in and express optimism, they lose 56-10 at home to the Pats*.

I just saw this quote in the linked article below:

"including Sunday's game, five of the Bills' next six opponents are a combined 1-14."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0SWTZgow0

I am as down on Jauron as anyone...but man, talk about a soft schedule looking at those combined records!

I know there are some on the board who do not appreciate what they catogorize as "rain on the parade." I just find it sad to think that our "salvation" for the next several weeks is that we play a bunch of weak teams.

So let's say we be the 5 opponents that are currently 1-15 and lose to the sixth. This means we go 6-3 nine games into the season and look to be in decent position to make a playoff run.

I say this should not be viewed as a "good" outcome. It just further substantiates that we can't beat the truly good teams. Rather it is simply just continution of the same problems that we have seen for years.

I know I should probably just "get over it" but I just do not see how or why Dick Jauron will be the coch of the Buffalo Bills come the end of this season. My personal guess is that we do not end up at 6-3. Rather I think we go 4-5 or 5-4 and hold a weak and outside shot at the playoffs if we are at 5-4.

I know there are some on the board who do not appreciate what they catogorize as "rain on the parade." I just find it sad to think that our "salvation" for the next several weeks is that we play a bunch of weak teams.

I feel your pain Bill. Much more fun to say we will win the next 5 out of 6 because we are a strong team rather than we will win the next 5 out of 6 because we don't suck as much as they do.

"including Sunday's game, five of the Bills' next six opponents are a combined 1-14."

I am as down on Jauron as anyone...but man, talk about a soft schedule looking at those combined records!

Whether the Bills beat the bad teams or not is meaninglss. The Bills usually don't beat quality teams. Jauron's record against teams with better than .500 record is 2-25. The Bills are a lower tiered team. Right now the Jets, Patriots and the Phins are better than us. Until the team can leapfrog the teams in our division the Bills will be relegated to the living room sofa come playoff time.

The bottom line is that medocre franchises have mediocre records. The Bills' record coming into this season ranked 29 out of 32 teams for a decade. Until there is new ownership little will change.

10/4 - Dolphins - toss up. Bad, young offenses slug it out...

10/11 -Trent will look like the light went on against the Browns....it didn't. Bills win by default.

10/18 -Jets smack the Bills back back to reality and win by double digits.

10/25 -Bills lose on the road in Carolina. Smith goes for 150+. Peppers has 2.5 sacks minimum.

11/1 - Another toss up...Houston is young & very inconsistent just like the Bills.

11/15 -@ Tennessee. No matter what spin you put on it, this is a loss.

Maybe 3-3 through the next 6?

Right on track for that magical 7-9 finish.. :thumbsup:

So let's say we be the 5 opponents that are currently 1-15 and lose to the sixth. This means we go 6-3 nine games into the season and look to be in decent position to make a playoff run.

I say this should not be viewed as a "good" outcome. It just further substantiates that we can't beat the truly good teams. Rather it is simply just continution of the same problems that we have seen for years.

I know I should probably just "get over it" but I just do not see how or why Dick Jauron will be the coch of the Buffalo Bills come the end of this season. My personal guess is that we do not end up at 6-3. Rather I think we go 4-5 or 5-4 and hold a weak and outside shot at the playoffs if we are at 5-4.

Yes and no. I think the way to look at it is.. we have a relatively weak few game scoming up. So, if we beat these teams, great. But, there's nothing wrong with beating bad teams. We should. The question I have is do the Bills beat these teams, all the while learning and growing from their mistakes and more importantly gaining confidence to beat the better teams?

So, yes, we may be somewhat inflated by beating "bad" teams. But, there's nothing wrong with that. Every good team beats bad teams every year. But, you have to use the weaker games to learn what they do bet, to gain confidence, and to figure out how to beat better teams.

Yes and no. I think the way to look at it is.. we have a relatively weak few game scoming up. So, if we beat these teams, great. But, there's nothing wrong with beating bad teams. We should. The question I have is do the Bills beat these teams, all the while learning and growing from their mistakes and more importantly gaining confidence to beat the better teams?

So, yes, we may be somewhat inflated by beating "bad" teams. But, there's nothing wrong with that. Every good team beats bad teams every year. But, you have to use the weaker games to learn what they do bet, to gain confidence, and to figure out how to beat better teams.

To your point the quality of the wins and what is learned may be the most significant outcome. We'll just have to see how things play out.

The only easy game I see in the next 6 is the Browns, and if i remeber right, that same team beat us last year, and we as long as they suck just as bad, so I hate to say that I hope the bills can be 3-3 out of the next six, with all the injuries and problems that Buffalo has right now, .500 is far fetched. But I do suppose that buffalo will do just good enough not to have a great draft pick, but good. That itself may be a good thing until there is a Rookie cap though.

To your point the quality of the wins and what is learned may be the most significant outcome. We'll just have to see how things play out.

That's kinda how I see it. We don't need to necessarily blow people out. But, good, solid performances while racking up some wins and gaining confidence could be very good thing. Of course, if they fail miserably after that.. well then they are who we think they are.

Still though, I'm not sure I could call any game on the Bills' schedule "easy". This is the Bills and Trentative we're talkign about.

It shout be fun to watch if we get to 6-2 and hear people saying stupid things like "Plaoffs" and "Super Bowl" - it'll be a repeat of last year - get all excited to to have the inevitable fall be that much harder...

i rather see my team win than lose any day. i dont care if it is against a weak team.

wait, i rather my team destroy opponent.

go bills!

i rather see my team win than lose any day. i dont care if it is against a weak team.

wait, i rather my team destroy opponent.

go bills!

Totally agree. A win is a win. Who cares who the opponent is. I'd rather them play well and win against the fish and browns.. hopefully learning how to finish games off before they play the Jets.

Totally agree. A win is a win. Who cares who the opponent is. I'd rather them play well and win against the fish and browns.. hopefully learning how to finish games off before they play the Jets.

however i do agree with everyone a little. it may seem easy on paper for us to get a win. but sometimes we find a way to lose.

how about we find a way to win BILLS??

Whether the Bills beat the bad teams or not is meaninglss. The Bills usually don't beat quality teams. Jauron's record against teams with better than .500 record is 2-25. The Bills are a lower tiered team. Right now the Jets, Patriots and the Phins are better than us. Until the team can leapfrog the teams in our division the Bills will be relegated to the living room sofa come playoff time.

The bottom line is that medocre franchises have mediocre records. The Bills' record coming into this season ranked 29 out of 32 teams for a decade. Until there is new ownership little will change.

"Jauron's record against teams with better than .500 record is 2-25."

If this stat is true then how is this guy still our coach? This is just inexplicable :thumbsup:

I agree with this. But I will answer your questions of How or Why DJ is still the coach. Its simple, its the owner. Ralph hurts the Bills more than he helps them.

Again, this is a business to him, as long as he turns a profit, he doesnt give a **** whether or not the Bills win, and he does not care about the fans. Until Ralph is dead, and someone with passion for a winning team owns them, you will see garbage, inept coaches that cost less money to retain because of low overhead.

I cant wait for a new owner, Ralph sucks, he did great things in the past, but I wasnt alive in the past. He's a non-comitted owner that does not care about winning. Sure, It'll be sad when he's dead, but it will be the best thing for the organization.