Support a Loser or No team?

The bigger question that I had heard mentioned in a recent chat with well I'd rather support a bad team than have no team at all? Really? Fair to a point, but at what stage do you just say "F U" knowing that management doesnt want to win, they just want to make $$ and will continue to do that as the fans blindly follow this team. It has been 10 years since this team saw a postseason game and I can guarantee you, the annals of message board archives would showcase the SAME type of posts (I.E. Poor coaching, poor gameday decisions, below average QB play, suspect defense, late game meltdowns, ownership hiring Tier 3-4 talent, hiring unqualified coaches, etc, overall cheap reputation, etc) over and over again and all at our expense both in wallets and in frame of mind.

So what and/or when is enough? I moved from WNY 10+ years ago and now live in San Diego. Sure I'm a bit insulated from the doom and gloom in Buffalo (but its been documented well), but would I cry wolf if the Bills moved to say Toronto or LA or pick a city? Probably not. I think you would all go on with your lives and maybe follow another team.

The bigger question that I had heard mentioned in a recent chat with well I'd rather support a bad team than have no team at all? Really? Fair to a point, but at what stage do you just say "F U" knowing that management doesnt want to win, they just want to make $$ and will continue to do that as the fans blindly follow this team. It has been 10 years since this team saw a postseason game and I can guarantee you, the annals of message board archives would showcase the SAME type of posts (I.E. Poor coaching, poor gameday decisions, below average QB play, suspect defense, late game meltdowns, ownership hiring Tier 3-4 talent, hiring unqualified coaches, etc, overall cheap reputation, etc) over and over again and all at our expense both in wallets and in frame of mind.

So what and/or when is enough? I moved from WNY 10+ years ago and now live in San Diego. Sure I'm a bit insulated from the doom and gloom in Buffalo (but its been documented well), but would I cry wolf if the Bills moved to say Toronto or LA or pick a city? Probably not. I think you would all go on with your lives and maybe follow another team.

My solution is to hedge and follow an exciting, local college team while accepting that I will root for the bills despite their greedy, self obsessed, evil little owner and his blatant disregard for the long suffering fans. That gives me at least one good game a week to watch. Go Hokies! (No guilt there; Bruce's alma mater, stand up, classy school if you discount the Vicks,great coach, great game days) If they move to Toronto, I will probably still follow as geographically (if you were to cross Lake Ontario from Youngstown) its probably as close to my hometown as Orchard Park and I always liked the city and the people...but it won't be the same. They will almost assuredly improve with a new owner there. If they go to Cali....I'm done.

one thing that really sucks about following a bad team like the bills is how boring the football is. I was watching Indy last night, and thinking about how awesome the football is...the NFL has a lot of good football and we're missing it b/c the Bills can't get their act together.

As a Bills fan for more decades than I care to remember, I long ago concluded that I'm hooked. Despite all the suffering, I'll keep going to games and keep buying Sunday Ticket (I don't live in WNY). I've accepted the notion that being a Bills fan is like being in love with the wrong woman. You know it's going to end in more anger, suffering and crushing disappointment, but when she gives that look that says, "com'n honey, it'll be different this time" you just cannot control yourself.

one thing that really sucks about following a bad team like the bills is how boring the football is. I was watching Indy last night, and thinking about how awesome the football is...the NFL has a lot of good football and we're missing it b/c the Bills can't get their act together.

Yeah, those Pats* and Bucs games were snooze fests.

I swear if we ever make the playoffs again and god forbid lose, people are going to hang themselves.

As a Bills fan for more decades than I care to remember, I long ago concluded that I'm hooked. Despite all the suffering, I'll keep going to games and keep buying Sunday Ticket (I don't live in WNY). I've accepted the notion that being a Bills fan is like being in love with the wrong woman. You know it's going to end in more anger, suffering and crushing disappointment, but when she gives that look that says, "com'n honey, it'll be different this time" you just cannot control yourself.
well done. I think i'd rather be a bills fan than be with the wrong woman though!

That's a lot easier to say from San Diego than from Buffalo.