E-Mail I sent to Jerry Sullivan

Dear Mr. Sullivan -

I have never really been a fan of yours. I, more or less, have always just taken everything you've written or said on the radio with a grain of salt; mostly just not listening and occasionally laughing. But last night, you actually managed to get under my skin.

After a Bills loss, you went out of your way to goat T.O. into a meltdown. Is that what you wanted? Would you have felt better if you were able to get him to lose his composure (or lackthereof, given recent history)? What the hell would that have done except cause more problems for a Bills team that already has too many?!

You groaned that he would have nothing to do with interviews for the past few weeks. Openly ripping him for "creating a little line for himself and walking out" when you guys waited in line at his locker. Then you get an interview and you bust out with questions like "Do you feel you and Lee are being wasted?" and "What do you think of the Quarterback's decisions?" after a ridciulously painful loss? What kind of !@#$ asks those kinds of things to ANY player, let alone Terrell?!

Even ESPN, who showed the press conference and your questions, said that you were digging deep. ESPN! Who goes out of their way to look for things to talk negatively about regarding Owens. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything else from you considering you have always come across as a miserable son of a B word. Seriously. I don't think i've ever heard you talk optimistically about.... anything!

So what were you trying to do Mr. Sullivan? Maybe make a national name out of yourself at Terrell's expense? Do me a favor. Next time you have a question for a player, especially T.O., just don't ask it. You seem to be a bit burned out, Mr. Sullivan. Maybe it's time you do all of us fans a favor and retire.

Go fly a kite,

Alan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr. Sullivan -

I have never really been a fan of yours. I, more or less, have always just taken everything you've written or said on the radio with a grain of salt; mostly just not listening and occasionally laughing. But last night, you actually managed to get under my skin.

After a Bills loss, you went out of your way to goat T.O. into a meltdown. Is that what you wanted? Would you have felt better if you were able to get him to lose his composure (or lackthereof, given recent history)? What the hell would that have done except cause more problems for a Bills team that already has too many?!

You groaned that he would have nothing to do with interviews for the past few weeks. Openly ripping him for "creating a little line for himself and walking out" when you guys waited in line at his locker. Then you get an interview and you bust out with questions like "Do you feel you and Lee are being wasted?" and "What do you think of the Quarterback's decisions?" after a ridciulously painful loss? What kind of !@#$ asks those kinds of things to ANY player, let alone Terrell?!

Even ESPN, who showed the press conference and your questions, said that you were digging deep. ESPN! Who goes out of their way to look for things to talk negatively about regarding Owens. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything else from you considering you have always come across as a miserable son of a B word. Seriously. I don't think i've ever heard you talk optimistically about.... anything!

So what were you trying to do Mr. Sullivan? Maybe make a national name out of yourself at Terrell's expense? Do me a favor. Next time you have a question for a player, especially T.O., just don't ask it. You seem to be a bit burned out, Mr. Sullivan. Maybe it's time you do all of us fans a favor and retire.

Go fly a kite,

Alan

well said.

Dear Mr. Sullivan -

Go fly a kite,

Alan

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sure, Sully is professional curmudgeon, but I dunno, I think the questions he asked were completely valid. Lee and Terrell are being wasted. We have a career loser head coach, that punts on 4th and 1 with the game on the line.

I understand you're angry. We're all angry. But Sullivan is merely a columnist, you don't have to read him. I thought he was spot on today. I just think you're deflecting your anger at the football team to a writer who (unfortunately) has to cover said team.

I don't mind Sullivan's questions, although I think they're directed at the wrong person. He should be asking Jauron those questions.

"Hey Coach, why did we go out and sign a guy like TO if you have no plans on using him. Why was a talent like Lee Evans signed to an extension if you don't get him the ball."

I don't mind Sullivan's questions, although I think they're directed at the wrong person. He should be asking Jauron those questions.

"Hey Coach, why did we go out and sign a guy like TO if you have no plans on using him. Why was a talent like Lee Evans signed to an extension if you don't get him the ball."

the only question for jauron should be: "now that you've been fired, what address would you like your personal items to be sent?"

then maybe he can set his sights on the real culprit...Ralph. WTH did he ever extend this dude last year? :thumbsup:

Sully likes to wrap his douchebaggery with the idea that he is just doing a journalist's job. Wrong. What Jerry is trying to do is create news by poking at Owens with a stick hoping he will snap. He pays lip service to ethics when he defends his actions on his blog or WGR.

PTR

Dear Mr. Sullivan -

Go fly a kite,

Alan