WGR55 - joke

Is there nothing better to talk about on a Friday before a home game?

Schoop's all pissy about characters like Fireman Ed and Elvis and is sharing that he's not comfortable attending BILLS games - shocker? This loser shouldn't even be on the radio.

Seriously - I used to like Bulldog years ago but this station is a joke.

Last Friday night, I landed in Buffalo - excited to turn on sports talk - and WGR is playing the DEPEW high school football game? WHO the !@#$ cares about high school football? What a freaking joke.

The Bills need to team up and start there own sports station. I'm amazed Ralph hasn't done more to capitalize on this market. He may be old but he could learn a lesson from Bob Kraft... seriously.

I.HATE.WGR

I personally would love to sit next to elvis and possibly even fireman ED(so i could punch him in his fireman head)

but really schopp sucks, there have been times where i have wanted to hang up and instead of listen, drive to the WGR studio and beat his ass. He demeaning tone and his attitude are terrible. Schopp just needs to go away.

Schopp makes sure to remind everyone that he hates message boards...because they're amateurs with nothing better to do.

He probably doesnt like them because he gets schooled on his sporting knowledge. Unless your talking about tennis on a daily basis. He knows all about that.

Bulldog is just Schoops little B word. Little may not be the correct word there but you get what I mean. I would bet with a decent partner Bulldog would do very well. Who did he used to have before Schoop? Was it Howard Simon?

Anyway, I dont think Schoop has been that bad lately (attitude wise) but he generally makes me want to punch a baby when I listen to his show.

FWIW, WGR550 evidently just won “Sports Station of the Year” at the 2009 National Association of Broadcasters' Marconi Radio Awards.

I'm not cheerleader, but I do enjoy WGR550, especially living out-of-town. They stack up pretty well against some of the South Florida stuff.

demeaning tone and his attitude are terrible. Schopp just needs to go away.

RIGHT ON "mikedeering"

WGR's counterparts at WEEI in Boston are VERY professional; pleasure to listen to and talk Patriots all the time... and the Patriots don't even air their games on that station - they use 98.5 the Sports Hub.

It's just so disappointing that sports talk in a market like this is monopolized by one station.

Even on Sunday - while driving to the stadium - it's like a CHORE for them not to talk about the Bills without an ATTITUDE.

Schoop's all pissy about characters like Fireman Ed and Elvis and is sharing that he's not comfortable attending BILLS games - shocker? This loser shouldn't even be on the radio.

Last Friday night, I landed in Buffalo - excited to turn on sports talk - and WGR is playing the DEPEW high school football game? WHO the !@#$ cares about high school football? What a freaking joke.

The Bills need to team up and start there own sports station. I'm amazed Ralph hasn't done more to capitalize on this market. He may be old but he could a lesson from Bob Kraft... seriously.

I.HATE.WGR

The only dispute I have with this post is about H.S. Football................I LOVE it as do MANY other people around the Country. Great way to spend a Friday evening. I moved to Ft Myers Fla when Deion Sanders was a Senior in H.S. I had the privilege of watching him play his Senior year. I have seen some plays at the H.S. level that would be on ESPN if an NFL player made them.

The only dispute I have with this post is about H.S. Football................I LOVE it as do MANY other people around the Country. Great way to spend a Friday evening. I moved to Ft Myers Fla when Deion Sanders was a Senior in H.S. I had the privilege of watching him play his Senior year. I have seen some plays at the H.S. level that would be on ESPN if an NFL player made them.

Exactly. GREAT programming move to put games on Friday nights, where there would otherwise be "Best Of" repeats of that day's shows.

Had an interesting chat with Howard Simon a few years back, regarding which sport used to draw the most interest/requests/etc. at Empire. Bills? Nope. Sabres? Nope. High school football.

Don't believe me? Drop Buffalo News SE Steve Jones a line, and ask him which sports blogs get the most traffic. The first one to a million page views was Sabres Edge, which was also the first one they started. The second one to reach that number? Prep Talk, and preps guru Keith McShea gets absolutely overrun whenever he does a live chat on there.

In fact, I'd consider listening to GR tonight, if I didn't have my own game to do. Speaking of which, catch y'all later ...

Although I'd never listen to it, WGR broadcasting football is ok in my book. Who listens to sports talk radio on Friday evenings anyways?

I don't understand how Schopp keeps his job. He's condescending to 4/5ths of the callers and responds to most calling in with good points or questions with "...whats your point?..." and "...sure, I guess, anyways...". It's come to the point where it's painful when they take phone calls because nearly every response is with a crappy attitude. I've never heard talk-radio hosts get so disturbed and frustrated when callers begin with "How are ya guys" or "Hows it going". These guys are intolerable after a Bills game no matter what and I usually turn the dial to 96.9 to catch the press conferences and interviews...much easier to listen to after a win or loss.

And whoever said Schopp is Bulldog's b*tch is wrong because I think it's the other way around. Bulldog is tolerable on the off days that he's not with Schopp, otherwise he's nothing but a puppet who agrees with the puppet-master.

Kudos to the rest of the WGR550 cast, but Schopp & The Bulldog are miserable.

Go Bills.

Exactly. GREAT programming move to put games on Friday nights, where there would otherwise be "Best Of" repeats of that day's shows.

Had an interesting chat with Howard Simon a few years back, regarding which sport used to draw the most interest/requests/etc. at Empire. Bills? Nope. Sabres? Nope. High school football.

Don't believe me? Drop Buffalo News SE Steve Jones a line, and ask him which sports blogs get the most traffic. The first one to a million page views was Sabres Edge, which was also the first one they started. The second one to reach that number? Prep Talk, and preps guru Keith McShea gets absolutely overrun whenever he does a live chat on there.

In fact, I'd consider listening to GR tonight, if I didn't have my own game to do. Speaking of which, catch y'all later ...

Not dissing high school footbal; just so minor league to hear it on buffalo's "premiere" sports radio station at 8pm at night... sure, air high school sports - but on a sister station or something.

I guess you get spoiled living in a major market like Boston or NYC where sports programming revolves around professional sports with competent producers and hosts.

Not dissing high school footbal; just so minor league to hear it on buffalo's "premiere" sports radio station at 8pm at night... sure, air high school sports - but on a sister station or something.

I guess you get spoiled living in a major market like Boston or NYC where sports programming revolves around professional sports with competent producers and hosts.

WDAE the flagship station of the Bucs & BEST sports station in Tampa airs H.S. Football Friday night, & has a show on Sat morning recapping the action from all the area schools Friday Night games. The radio station in my area also airs Friday H.S. football, but Englewood Fl is only about the size of Depew.

The Bills need to team up and start there own sports station. I'm amazed Ralph hasn't done more to capitalize on this market. He may be old but he could learn a lesson from Bob Kraft... seriously.

I.HATE.WGR

They just won the Marconi award for Best Sports Radio Station in the nation 2 days ago...apparently lots of other people like them...

I'm not cheerleader, but I do enjoy WGR550, especially living out-of-town. They stack up pretty well against some of the South Florida stuff.

+1 I got it streamed at work. Schopp&Bulldog blow Philly mouth-breathers out of the water.

Although I'd never listen to it, WGR broadcasting football is ok in my book. Who listens to sports talk radio on Friday evenings anyways?

I don't understand how Schopp keeps his job. He's condescending to 4/5ths of the callers and responds to most calling in with good points or questions with "...whats your point?..." and "...sure, I guess, anyways...".

To be fair, 80% of the callers are idiots.

I was listening to them today and I guess Schoop was complaining about how football commentators often predict a game's score and how he couldn't understand why this was done.

Isn't the reason obvious? They are saying who will cover the spread without referencing the spread and thus acting like these predictions aren't about gambling.

I've never heard talk-radio hosts get so disturbed and frustrated when callers begin with "How are ya guys" or "Hows it going".

I emailed Bulldog (Schoop says he doesn't read his, so I didn't bother) after the MNF debacle, but he never replied anyway....They were getting so heated about "How are you guys".......I'm like don't you understand it's the same thing as saying Hi.......Nobody is really asking how you're doing - it's a friggin salutation, quit being aholes about it.......Hi, How ya doing, What's up........They are all the same thing.