The Euphoria has worn off and...

ColdBlueNorth

I know Darin, but just about every new post is telling me, "he's a rookie" as if that was my point.

I know he's a rookie, I was just suprised to see him out on the field during a close game so soon. I also made about 3-4 more rambling observations that I somehow managed to make invisible to the common reader :unsure:

I asked exactly the same question when Brady got him to vacate the middle of the field on the game winning TD pass. I actually had to look up who number 31 was. Couldn't believe they'd have a rookie on the field in that situation. Talk about setting yourself up for failure.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is asking a lot of children to grow up in a hurry this year, it wouldn't be the first time we threw a safety or DB into the fire.

I don't think they are asking Byrd to "hurry up" though...... :unsure:

I mean, what makes you think they are rushing him to grow up? what makes it seem like we "need" this guy to grow up faster than the others? I mean, we are fine at saftey. Not great. but we are fine. If we "need" anyone to grow up faster, it is maybin to help with the pass rush. Saftey is not the worst spot on the team. The worst spots were the oline and the pass rush, and THAT is where we need rookies to grow up fast because they are being thrown to the wolves. Byrd is like any other rookie right now. He isn't being rushed, and this team doesn't need him to be a star right away. not even mckelvin, our number 1 pick last year, didn't start playing until injuries occured. Byrd wont see much playing time at all on defense unless there is an injury or until after the bye week.

lets be honest hes been terrible on both sp and def....

he has no common sense or smarts...even though the bills scouting staff said how smart he was

new england ran the same play twice he didnt recognize it and got beat twice

then on the kickoff which mckelvin fumble you can see byrd standing right by mckelvin... byrd didnt try to help mckelvin at all...!@#$ing block somebody or force them down with mckelvin

I asked exactly the same question when Brady got him to vacate the middle of the field on the game winning TD pass. I actually had to look up who number 31 was. Couldn't believe they'd have a rookie on the field in that situation. Talk about setting yourself up for failure.

The coaching staff is taking a lot of chances this year, but seriously what do they have to lose? They are kind've in a positiion where they have to throw the dice. Bryd definately looks like a kid who was injured and missed most of the training camp.

Hopefully, we will be noticing him for better reasons later this season.

I know Darin, but just about every new post is telling me, "he's a rookie" as if that was my point.

I know he's a rookie, I was just suprised to see him out on the field during a close game so soon. I also made about 3-4 more rambling observations that I somehow managed to make invisible to the common reader :unsure:

The title of the thread being "Jarius Byrd - Not Impressed yet" prooooobably threw people off. Just sayin'.

Perhaps if you include "...and other miscellaneous ramblings" it might have shifted the focus away from Byrd.

I don't think they are asking Byrd to "hurry up" though...... :unsure:

I mean, what makes you think they are rushing him to grow up? what makes it seem like we "need" this guy to grow up faster than the others? I mean, we are fine at saftey. Not great. but we are fine. If we "need" anyone to grow up faster, it is maybin to help with the pass rush. Saftey is not the worst spot on the team. The worst spots were the oline and the pass rush, and THAT is where we need rookies to grow up fast because they are being thrown to the wolves. Byrd is like any other rookie right now. He isn't being rushed, and this team doesn't need him to be a star right away. not even mckelvin, our number 1 pick last year, didn't start playing until injuries occured. Byrd wont see much playing time at all on defense unless there is an injury or until after the bye week.

I beg to differ. Byrd is seeing playing time and being burned for TDs.

The coaching staff is taking a lot of chances this year, but seriously what do they have to lose? They are kind've in a positiion where they have to throw the dice. Bryd definately looks like a kid who was injured and missed most of the training camp.

Hopefully, we will be noticing him for better reasons later this season.

If I was going to lose my job at the end of the season when my team didn't make the playoffs, I don't think I'd be putting a green ass rookie on the field against a division foe with the game on the line.

Just sayin'. :unsure:

The title of the thread being "Jarius Byrd - Not Impressed yet" prooooobably threw people off. Just sayin'.

Perhaps if you include "...and other miscellaneous ramblings" it might have shifted the focus away from Byrd.

Can't argue that point at all, you are absolutely correct sir.

Perhaps if it said:

... and other miscellaneous ramblings that are more worthy of noting than Fewel starting a rookie on critical plays when he missed most of training camp.

I am a bit biased. You have guys like George Wilson sitting on the side lines who I think would pan out well against some of the more skilled TE's and bigger receivers we face. And if my job were on the line, I would start him over a green rookie any day.

:unsure:

lets be honest hes been terrible on both sp and def....

he has no common sense or smarts...even though the bills scouting staff said how smart he was

new england ran the same play twice he didnt recognize it and got beat twice

then on the kickoff which mckelvin fumble you can see byrd standing right by mckelvin... byrd didnt try to help mckelvin at all...!@#$ing block somebody or force them down with mckelvin

I think he had tackles on 4 consecutive kick-offs last Sunday. It's not Byrd's job to be expecting McKelvin to fumble. You can't predict **** like that.

Was watching the TB game again and just about every time Tampa had a big receiving play I saw a player nearby that seemed to be in the wrong place, not arriving in time to give help overtop, etc...

I kept saying to myself who is that #31???

Jairus Byrd - this kid is going to need to grow up in a hurry to be ready for NO.

I know we expect a lot from rookies, but times are a-changing.

After the euphoria of actually pulling out a win and sealing the deal wore off, I also felt that our offense had a lot of opportunities with a short field that ended in field goals. The score should have been even more lopsided. Against good teams we really can't afford to squander those shots.

I do feel like the offense is getting better, still need to use our Tight Ends more in the passing game, but AVP is setting up the offense in a way that plays to Edward's strengths and gradually getting him more comfortable with taking chances. I think that Fairchild had just about ruined that kid, maybe AVP can bring him back from the brink and help him grow into his potential.

Alright when it comes to rookies all you want right away is for them to contribute as soon as possible. I went to the tampa game and every kick-off i watched Jarius Byrd because he lined up on my side of the stadium. He was the first one to always hit the returner and nfl.com has it wrong giving an assit i watched and it was announced that he got the first tackle on the first three kickoffs. now im not saying he did amazing but he contributed and went full throttle and thats all i wanna see from him so right now i am totally happy with the he is playing

Alright when it comes to rookies all you want right away is for them to contribute as soon as possible. I went to the tampa game and every kick-off i watched Jarius Byrd because he lined up on my side of the stadium. He was the first one to always hit the returner and nfl.com has it wrong giving an assit i watched and it was announced that he got the first tackle on the first three kickoffs. now im not saying he did amazing but he contributed and went full throttle and thats all i wanna see from him so right now i am totally happy with the he is playing

Saw this as well. Our entire section was commenting on how often the PA guy was saying his name.

What's wrong with George Wilson? He played pretty well for us at safety last year. I wonder if that had been him in the NE game would he have been there to make a play on one of those TD passes. Remember the Dallas game folks! He was a stud in that game.

How quickly we forget all of the other many times when George was horribly out of position on long pass plays.

What's the point of this thread?

I don't know, but this is a reall buzz kill. I've been in a euphoric high all week. I broke out my zebra pants and Shout! cd. My neighbors even joined me in the "Hey everybody. Bills are going to the Super Bowl!!!" chant. :unsure:

Was watching the TB game again and just about every time Tampa had a big receiving play I saw a player nearby that seemed to be in the wrong place, not arriving in time to give help overtop, etc...

I kept saying to myself who is that #31???

Jairus Byrd - this kid is going to need to grow up in a hurry to be ready for NO.

I know we expect a lot from rookies, but times are a-changing.

After the euphoria of actually pulling out a win and sealing the deal wore off, I also felt that our offense had a lot of opportunities with a short field that ended in field goals. The score should have been even more lopsided. Against good teams we really can't afford to squander those shots.

I do feel like the offense is getting better, still need to use our Tight Ends more in the passing game, but AVP is setting up the offense in a way that plays to Edward's strengths and gradually getting him more comfortable with taking chances. I think that Fairchild had just about ruined that kid, maybe AVP can bring him back from the brink and help him grow into his potential.

I'll take your word that he made some mistakes. I was at the TB game and the kid was involved in a lot of special teams plays. He did miss training camp. So his mistakes as a rookie in a game we won should be viewed as a learning process. I'm surprised that he's on the field this quick. He must be doing something right.