Maybe some of us were wrong...whether we want to admit it or not!&

Poeticlaw

First off I am the first to say I want DJ gone. But i have to admit something, as much as I dislike him and his methods he is showing me something different this season. We finally got a center, we are going with younger more mobile lineman and an offense thats is totally opposite of DJ. He fired an OC that wasnt getting the job done before the start of the season.

He has not been playing not too lose has been playing to win.

The offense is looking better to watch and should only get better as the season progresses even better once Lynch returns it will be a nice one two punch with these two in there regardless of who thinks who should start both will be valuable all season long as the truck makes room for the ferrari.

For those of us valuing TO on catches or how many more catches Lee has we are overlooking the other value the running game as many want to believe its purely Jackson its the fact that the defenses are not playing close to scrimmage anymore they cant do that and lose the big play to evans or TO so they lose in the running game. Also TO is our best run blocking WR on the team!

The defense looks better then it has but the DC needs to stop changing philosphy when the game is on the line.

I actually think this team is goint to be one of the best statiscal teams since 2003 and if it is it would be because of the dierection of managment and the coaching of the despised DJ and that would buy him another year. Just coming close to beating the Pats in week 1 was enough to give him a little pass. If he would have won he would have been untouchable for the rest of the season.

The truth is DJ has this team ready to play new oc, new OL and a rb short to boot. DJ might actually be better than we might admit too. But as its been said before "WINNING HEALS ALL WOUNDS" and for us if he actually brings us to the Playoffs with this team he desrves the credit but I will wait until that time to give hime credit for that for now i am giving him credit for what he has done to date. I am actually becoming more optimistic about the season and might actually feel that my 7-9 projection might be off by 3-4 games they way we are playing now.

I just thought I would post my thoughts and see if any of the other pessimist and realist might be seeing it the same way or not.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I am the first to say I want DJ gone. But i have to admit something, as much as I dislike him and his methods he is showing me something different this season. We finally got a center, we are going with younger more mobile lineman and an offense thats is totally opposite of DJ. He fired an OC that wasnt getting the job done before the start of the season.

The offense is looking better to watch and should only get better as the season progresses even better once Lynch returns it will be a nice one two punch with these two in there regardless of who thinks who should start both will be valuable all season long as the truck makes room for the ferrari.

For those of us valuing TO on catches or how many more catches Lee has we are overlooking the other value the running game as many want to believe its purely Jackson its the fact that the defenses are not playing close to scrimmage anymore they cant do that and lose the big play to evans or TO so they lose in the running game. Also TO is our best run blocking WR on the team!

The defense looks better then it has but the DC needs to stop changing philosphy when the game is on the line.

I actually think this team is goint to be one of the best statiscal teams since 2003 and if it is it would be because of the dierection of managment and the coaching of the despised DJ and that would buy him another year. Just coming close to beating the Pats in week 1 was enough to give him a little pass. If he would have won he would have been untouchable for the rest of the season.

The truth is DJ has this team ready to play new oc, new OL and a rb short to boot. DJ might actually be better than we might admit too. But as its been said before "WINNING HEALS ALL WOUNDS" and for us if he actually brings us to the Playoffs with this team he desrves the credit but I will wait until that time to give hime credit for that for now i am giving him credit for what he has done to date. I am actually becoming more optimistic about the season and might actually feel that my 7-9 projection might be off by 3-4 games they way we are playing now.

I just thought I would post my thoughts and see if any of the other pessimist and realist might be seeing it the same way or not.

Weren't many saying this very same thing when the Bills were 4-0 last year?

Weren't many saying this very same thing when the Bills were 4-0 last year?

Many maybe. Me personally I didnt buy in to the 4-0 last season I saw us being outplayed and being lucky enough to pull out the win. This season I am actually since us being competetive just the change in DJS philosphy of playing not to lose I beleive is the difference this season.

I will admit I was wrong in doubting our off season moves

I will admit I was wrong about doubting our young inexperianced O-line

I will admit I was wrong about the T.O. signing

I will admit I was wrong about thinking the firing of Turk 10 days before our opener was a dumb idea

I will admit I was wrong about thinking cutting our LT 1 week before our opener was a dumb idea

I will admit I was wrong about AVP being destined to fail as an OC

Will I admit I was wrong about D.J. not being the coach I want on my sideline????? NEVER

everyone is jumping to wayyyy to many conclusions to how good the bills are this year. yes, they have had two decent offensive outputs in a row. yes, the run defense seems to be better. but, the bottom line is the pass defense is atrocious and we lost to a seamingly more beatable than ever patriots team and a terrible bucs team. the saints defense is awful as well so i expect the offense to put up some points this week but lets wait to see how they play against a 3-4 defense i.e the jets, miami or a respectable defense i.e. atlanta, tennessee and carolina.

i have come across as a DJ supporter in the past, even though i was more of a supporter of continuity and not blowing the entire franchise up again...

but at this point, i am much less of a supporter of Jauron and think that we have looked good almost in spite of him.

i think that with a stronger coach, we not only win that NE game but completely blow out TB. we have the talent, we have the schemes, but the devil is in the details. and its the head coaches job to take care of those details.

(edit by BB:Etc.)

Modified to match my thoughts

I will admit I was wrong about doubting our young inexperianced O-line

I will admit I was wrong about thinking the firing of Turk 10 days before our opener was a dumb idea

I will admit I was wrong about thinking cutting our LT 1 week before our opener was a dumb idea

I will admit my horror at the lack of O production in the preseason was over the top.

I will admit there is a lot of season left and just like 5-1 last year meant little so does 1-1 so far this year.

I will admit I am guardedly hopeful for a good season

I will admit that I am nervous that the Bills are being bit by the injury bug again ... let's hope the bug goes away.

Will I admit I was wrong about D.J. not being the coach I want on my sideline????? NEVER only if the Bills make the playoffs this year and play respectably once in them

....The truth is...."WINNING HEALS ALL WOUNDS"....

Truer words have never been spoken. :thumbdown:

I happen to think Brandon and the boys have short changed DJ with far too many rookies and inexperienced players all over the roster. But if he can WIN with these kids, and at least improve to 8-8-0 this season, perhaps even getting Owens to sign for another year or two, I will call this season successful for Dick. With this many back ups and even starters having almost zero NFL experience, I simply can't see the team hanging in there at the end and making the playoffs this season.

everyone is jumping to wayyyy to many conclusions to how good the bills are this year. yes, they have had two decent offensive outputs in a row. yes, the run defense seems to be better. but, the bottom line is the pass defense is atrocious and we lost to a seamingly more beatable than ever patriots team and a terrible bucs team. the saints defense is awful as well so i expect the offense to put up some points this week but lets wait to see how they play against a 3-4 defense i.e the jets, miami or a respectable defense i.e. atlanta, tennessee and carolina.

Tennessee defense isn't respectable anymore... they kinda blew the game against the Texans on their own.

gotta say that there is some light at the end of the long dark tunnel known as the bills offense but iam still in wait and see mode.just remember the injuries are starting to pile up again and losing butler and shouman for the season is gonna hurt us.

Not the worlds biggest DJ fan, although I don't blame everything on him, he doesn't put shoulder pads on and go out on the field on sundays. But, with your points above, almost everyone probably had the same opinions after the first 4 games last season. So keep the hope up but don't get too giddy just yet, it is a long season.

I agree with many of the statements in the 1st post, BUT I also remember the collapse last year.

Until Dickie J and the boys can prove different, I see another 7-9. Had they actually beaten the Patriots, I could see

this maybe being the year they got over that hump (losing mentality), but since they didn't I can't believe yet....

I do like what I see from this offense and AVP though, it will be interesting to see how they handle the Fins and Jets defenses.

Maybe they do - you should ask Turk Schonert.

I personally don't know him, so that would be a little difficult. I believe if I had the chance he would say something like, "DJ didn't allow me to do my job" bla bla bla bla, "I got a raw deal"

The Pats are still using the 3-4 as their base defense, though as usual they switch around a lot.