What Is the Rationale Behind the NFL Starting the Next 2 Home Games at

Sblesq

It is only a guess, besides that fact the he didn't read his post after he put it up that he is talking about the start times of the games. That part of the schedule this year I can't stand. I believe it is week 8 or 9 before we have our only our second 1:00 Sunday game all year. My whole life watching football, 1:00 sunday is football time, having to wait until 4:00 or event evening games sucks in my opinion.

It is only a guess, besides that fact the he didn't read his post after he put it up that he is talking about the start times of the games. That part of the schedule this year I can't stand. I believe it is week 8 or 9 before we have our only our second 1:00 Sunday game all year. My whole life watching football, 1:00 sunday is football time, having to wait until 4:00 or event evening games sucks in my opinion.

However, living here in Daytona Beach, I will get to see the game this week at home on cable, possibly the Miami game in two weeks unless jacksonville conflicts. I like it. HD rocks!!

I can understand the late start against a west coast team...or the jets (as they share tv time with the giants)... but this schedule is very odd as far as timing goes.

looks like a play to get more left coasters involved in watching right coast teams.

more viewers, better ratings, higher return for the league?

As long as I can find them on the TV or the internet somewhere, whether it be 1:00pm or 4:00pm, I don't really care either way. Any more losses like Monday night and I might not feel like watching anything more than highlights anyway.

TO and Ratings. Pure and simple. Fox said we want TO on at 4pm. Bob's your uncle. Done deal. I love the 4 pm Bills games. I'm not a morning person. I don't like to get an early, early start on things. If you live in the west then the game is at 1pm as opposed to 10am. Imagine starting to drink at 6am for the 10am start? (as opposed to 7am for most of you) Maybe they are getting people used to watching the soon-to-be LA Bills out there. Kidding. If the Bills leave Buffalo someone is going to prison.

TO and Ratings. Pure and simple. Fox said we want TO on at 4pm. Bob's your uncle. Done deal. I love the 4 pm Bills games. I'm not a morning person. I don't like to get an early, early start on things. If you live in the west then the game is at 1pm as opposed to 10am. Imagine starting to drink at 6am for the 10am start? (as opposed to 7am for most of you) Maybe they are getting people used to watching the soon-to-be LA Bills out there. Kidding. If the Bills leave Buffalo someone is going to prison.

Agreed ... it is very unusual for Buffalo to play the late game. Also gives the drunks 3 more houres of booze before entering the stadium. Expect that the arrests and stadium ejections will have a noticeable uptick. Not to mention the Bills and law enforcement is harder on this anyway.

talk about not reading your post after posting it

Agree 100%

The other thing with 4 PM games is that it's getting to dusk, I get tired, and it just seems depressing. I think I have lots of bad memories of hearing Pat Summerall's boring drone on some really "dark" 4 PM Vikings/Cowboys broadcasts.