Change of heart for Leodis

zdro22

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Wilson and the Union got to him. They are trying to make a big deal out of this to keep fans on guard from getting too close to these guys. Pressure was put on Leodis I would be willing to wager.

These players want it both ways. We get TO and Kawika Tweeting us every time they drop a turd in the toilet.....streaming live and pushing products to us 24/7......but then they also want to be protected like Ft. Knox.

George Wilson and the Union got to him. They are trying to make a big deal out of this to keep fans on guard from getting too close to these guys. Pressure was put on Leodis I would be willing to wager.

These players want it both ways. We get TO and Kawika Tweeting us every time they drop a turd in the toilet.....streaming live and pushing products to us 24/7......but then they also want to be protected like Ft. Knox.

Isn't that the truth!... and they're not the only ones. Do people really care about all the minute details of these people's live? I certainly don't. Just shut up and play football.

Isn't that the truth!... and they're not the only ones. Do people really care about all the minute details of these people's live? I certainly don't. Just shut up and play football.

You do realize that you don't need to sign up for his twitter feed, right?

Good for him. The little buggers broke the law, and therefore should be punished.

http://www.wgr550.com/McKelvin-Pressing-Charges/5241750

Thoughts? Im mixed, i think it teaches the kids a needed lesson. However, i think Leodis could have done alot in regards to PR/fan support to just talk to those kids and tell them why they were wrong...thoughts?

Thoughts? Im mixed, i think it teaches the kids a needed lesson. However, i think Leodis could have done alot in regards to PR/fan support to just talk to those kids and tell them why they were wrong...thoughts?

The kids are a bunch of dumb asses and they need to be taught a lesson. Odds are unless they have a record they will get probation and community service (I had a classmate in high school break a guys knee cap and he got probation and 500 hours community service) so its not like hey are going to do hard time for this.

Think about how stupid what these kids did was. Imagine you had a bad day at work you screwed up big, now imagine what you do is on live television to an audience of millions, now imagine as bad as you feel you come home to see that a person vandalized your home over what you did at work. We sometimes forget that professional athletes are humans.

Yes, I'm glad in this time of constrained budgets that the police department and DA's office are using precious investigative resources to build a rock solid case here that will ultimately result in $50 fines :blink:

Perhaps the Erie County DA should investigate all the players using cell phones when they pull out of OBD on to public highways!

First, I disagree with the actions of these kids but to everyone who thinks fans have become way too out of control need to get a clue. This kinda stuff happens all the time on the high school level in places like Texas and you never hear about it. It is also not a new phenomenon. I remember hearing a story that Paul McGuire told from his playing days in the 60's. He said that following a game (in which the kicker missed a field goal that would have won the game) he was walking down the street with a couple other players and some fans came up to them and beat the hell out of said kicker right on the street.

Again - not excusing the actions of these kids (and if I was Leodis, I'd press charges as well) just trying to make people see that this crap has been done before and will be done again.

Perhaps the Erie County DA should investigate all the players using cell phones when they pull out of OBD on to public highways!

Those are Vehicle and Traffic Law violations which are handled by the town prosecutors... who are not affiliated with the Erie County District Attorney's office.

It's the right decision. If he doesn't press charges, it sends the message to the public that this sort of conduct is acceptable, which of course it is not. The laws are there for a reason - when somebody breaks the law, they should be held accountable. If these are otherwise good kids who just got caught up in the moment and did a stupid thing, then the whole process of having to go through being charged/convicted/punished might just scare some sense into them.

how would it be PR fan support to not press charges and for him to talk to these kids? how is that his responsibility?

pressing charges on these idiots is absolutely the right thing to do...maybe pressing charges will make the next set of idiots think twice, either way they need to be held accountable

how would it be PR fan support to not press charges and for him to talk to these kids? how is that his responsibility?

pressing charges on these idiots is absolutely the right thing to do...maybe pressing charges will make the next set of idiots think twice, either way they need to be held accountable

Im just saying that i think talking to some teenagers could look good the community, you can see how that could go over well after saying he wouldnt press charges? Im not saying i think he should or shouldnt cause i think these kids made buffalo and the fans look like jackasses to the country. I dont blame him for whatever decision he would make.

Good for him. I would do the same thing. If he doesn't press charges, it sets a precedent.

some fans take things too far, and feel it's their right to do so. There are legal boudaries for a reason, and these guys crossed it...

Let them get their slap on the wrist, and move on.