TO: "They need to better utilize myself and Lee"

Big Turk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just f.y.i., T.O. could use a grammar lesson. As could many people.

"They need to better utilize ME and Lee" or "they need to better utilize Lee and ME." or, even better, "they need to better USE ME and LEE."

"myself" is a reflexive pronoun. The only person who can use "myself" is "me." Not "you" or "they." I use myself. You use yourself. He uses himself. Etc. I cant use yourself, and you cant use myself.

Many people say this to try to sound educated. But it really makes them sound worse. And "utilize" is just a fancy way to say "use." Again, tryin to sound more edumacated.

Just my 45 cents.

As to the substance, T.O. should have kept his mouth shout about Leodis. I'm sure most of the locker room was thinking he should not have brought the ball out, but why does T.O. take it upon himself to mention it. It should be handled in-house.

Just to pile on the grammar train:

It would be best to say "Lee and me" as it's considered more polite to reference yourself last in a compound subject.

And yeah - eff ESPN.

He could go deep more with more time. IMO Trent's head was thinking 2-3 seconds max and while he played well within the scheme of "what they gave us" we didn't give the QB more time.

I can't think of one play where he had one Brady like pocket of 4 seconds and the pocket wasn't collapsing.

"They need to better utilize ME and Lee" or "they need to better utilize Lee and ME." or, even better, "they need to better USE ME and LEE."

"myself" is a reflexive pronoun. The only person who can use "myself" is "me." Not "you" or "they." I use myself. You use yourself. He uses himself. Etc. I cant use yourself, and you cant use myself.

Many people say this to try to sound educated. But it really makes them sound worse. And "utilize" is just a fancy way to say "use." Again, tryin to sound more edumacated.

Just my 45 cents.

As to the substance, T.O. should have kept his mouth shout about Leodis. I'm sure most of the locker room was thinking he should not have brought the ball out, but why does T.O. take it upon himself to mention it. It should be handled in-house.

back off of t.o. with the grammar crap. if that gave you a prob, u should have watched his show on vh1. u would have had a heart attack.

whats next youre gonna give me a hard time for using the word gonna or not using commas or for a run on sentence or for not using capital letters or for using the word OR too much or for not even entering a period at the end of this long @ sentence lol!

J/K. by the way grammar is not a big deal to me at all. that goes for forums and chatrooms!

Admittedly, I am a little biased because I always liked TO even when few others did, and even though he has said some idiotic things over the years. But this kind of stuff does make you wonder if he has just gotten a bad rap too much of the time for simply being honest. It seems that fans and reporters don't like when players or coaches lie to them, don't like when players or coaches avoid the questions, AND don't like when players or coaches are just flat honest.

Who, in their right mind, could argue with what Owens said? He was not only exactly right but he said pretty much what every Bills fan believes. And yet he gets trashed for it.

Maybe he has a point that most of what he says gets blown way out of proportion. After actually listening to what he says all these years, he's honest and right the vast majority of the time.

I don't see the big deal. Was really calm, didn't seem to say anything inflammatory...

said they "missed some opportunities in the game to take some shots down the field and didn't utilize myself and Lee as much as they would have liked..." also said they "will be taking shots down the field and that Trent needs to better assess whats going on out there"

I guess the last thing could be a little jab at Trent, but hey, if that is what it takes for this guy to just throw the freaking ball down the field, I don't really mind it...I am sure Evans doesn't either...

Why is this a big deal? I mean truer words have never been spoken...

You may become the happiest man in Buffalo in the next few weeks.

Look, TO could have said nothing but "we stuck to our gameplan and it worked, but for an unfortunate late turnover."

Why did he have to say said they "missed some opportunities in the game to take some shots down the field and didn't utilize myself and Lee as much as they would have liked..." also said they "will be taking shots down the field and that Trent needs to better assess whats going on out there".

Why, because its the TRUTH!

Just my 45 cents.

You could use a lesson as well

I have no problem with TO telling the truth here. Fans have been saying 'we need to get the ball to Lee more' for a while now. It's about time one of the players actually said it instead of being all wishy washy about it.

You may become the happiest man in Buffalo in the next few weeks.

Look, TO could have said nothing but "we stuck to our gameplan and it worked, but for an unfortunate late turnover."

Why did he have to say said they "missed some opportunities in the game to take some shots down the field and didn't utilize myself and Lee as much as they would have liked..." also said they "will be taking shots down the field and that Trent needs to better assess whats going on out there".

1. Because its true.

2. Because somebody on this team needs to show some leadership, and sometimes that means calling it like it is.

I see nothing wrong here. He is not throwing anyone under the bus, nothing outrageous, very measured.

1. Because its true.

2. Because somebody on this team needs to show some leadership, and sometimes that means calling it like it is.

I see nothing wrong here. He is not throwing anyone under the bus, nothing outrageous, very measured.

Agreed. God forbid somebody is held accountable and is told they need to step it up.

Agreed. God forbid somebody is held accountable and is told they need to step it up.

What he said might be true, but it isn't his job to say so. What if it was a press conference with Trent Edwards and he quoted "T.O. needs to work a little harder and learn how to get open", how do you think that would sit with the guy who says "My name is T.O."?

What he said might be true, but it isn't his job to say so. What if it was a press conference with Trent Edwards and he quoted "T.O. needs to work a little harder and learn how to get open", how do you think that would sit with the guy who says "My name is T.O."?

It may not be his job to say so, but whoever was supposed to have that job has been missing. If Trent did say that and it was true, I would hope TO takes the criticism like Trent should and step up... of course that's an ideal situation. Since it's Trent though, we don't need to worry about it.

Understood, but the sad fact is that TE does not display that type of leadership. Who knows how he is in the locker room, but sometimes he should call out sloppy play and mistakes. We do not want a TO/TE war in the media, but that is not what I got out of that interview - just straightforward analysis and "we need to do better". I agree. It is about time sombody on this team stepped up and represented a winning attitude amoung the players.

It was unbelievable watching all the ESPN talking heads working so hard to try to generate some outrage out of such a non-story.

That being said, at this point my primary concern is probably how can we make this right to TO? Maybe a mass prayer vigil at Lot 1 before the game where fans can sew a giant "I Heart TO" quilt to make him feel loved...

Just my 45 cents.

On the subject of grammar, I don't understand all the people on this board that use the word than when they should use then. Is this a new slang thing I'm missing?

Probably not very well, since Edwards hasn't accomplished anything in this league while TO is a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer...